Quantcast Favorite Resort Scenes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Resort Scenes

A good amount of us have had the incredible opportunity to spend some of our WDW trips at resorts on property, so we know that they give us memories that will stay with us always.

I thought this could be a great thread for everyone to share their favorite resort scenes, ones that you revisit in your mind during that awful board meeting or while shoveling the driveway (All of you in the northeast know where I'm coming from, especially the past few weeks).

For example, mine are..

Wandering along the walkway at the Poly, sand and lagoon to the left, relaxing music subtly filling the air with the tiki torches adding that little extra heat into the cool WDW early evening.

AND

That moment when you step foot outside of your room in the Contemporary main tower and you hear the friendly, bustling sounds of the monorail and people coming and going from Chef Mickey's, all ecstatic about their trip to the World, regardless of whether it's just beginning, ending, or anywhere in between.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your happy memories
    "Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out." -Ben Franklin

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the Beach Club! I often reminisce about walking out to the pool area early in the morning and just taking in the beauty and watching the boat come and go on the lake. It is so relaxing. I cannot wait until September when these memories will become reality again!!
    1988 Offsite
    Jun 1998 Dixie Landings (PO Riverside)
    Dec 2005 AS Movies
    Jan 2007 Beach Club
    Jan 2008 POP

Sep 2008 POFQ
    Nov 2009 POP
    Upcoming Sept 2011 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on the Beach Club. Just being in the pool and watching all the games, the lifeguard dances, kids screaming, footballs flying, etc. Walking around those grounds is extremely relaxing.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Standing on the balcony of our Boardwalk Villas Studio, dressed in black and white Mickey bathrobe, with coffee in hand, looking over at the Swan and Dolphin, listening to the first boats of the day going out toward DHS, the Luna Pool beneath us with the few early morning swimmers lounging about....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We're BC/YC fans too! My favorites are the strolls to the boat dock in the morning, relaxing at Stormalong Bay and I can't forget entering EPCOT at the International Gateway. That entrance is so easy you can really take the time to soak in the first sights and sounds of the area. For our next trip, we are focusing on all the resort things we never had time to do because we're always in the parks. I can't wait until May!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite scene...
    Staying at the Poly with a lagoon view.
    Waking up first thing in the morning before everyone else.
    Stepping out onto the balcony - catching the first sight of Cinderella's castle and space mountain.
    The lake has some early morning fog on it.
    Seeing the monorails with their first loops of the day.
    Hearing the ferry horn.
    Ahhhh... nothing like it.

Post Thanks / Like

The view from the beach at the Beach Club is one of the best vistas in WDW. Especially at night when the Boardwalk is all lit up. I can't explain why this is my favorite, but when i think of WDW, that's the image i have in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Meandering the paths of POR...

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting in a hammock on the Poly beach on a sunny day, listening to the music or
    sitting in a chair at the Animal Kingdom lodge watching the giraffes meander around the property.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's opening my door at WL onto that grand lobby first thing in the morning. We were on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You caught on fast! This is an insightful topic. Welcome to Intercot.

Here is one from each resort at which we've stayed...

1. Walking through the doors of the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, hearing the majestic music, inhaling the smell of wood-fire smoke, and absorbing the loftiness of the beautiful lobby.

2. Watching the sun set and moon rise over the lake, which is back-dropped by the poolside pyramid from our window seat at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

3. My beautiful red-haired wife posing for a picture in front of the big wheel at Port Orleans Riverside.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

View from balcony of the Yacht Club in the early AM with 2 or 3 joggers and the background music.

Sitting in the hottub at AKL.

The view of Hollywood Studios from a balcony at the Dolphin.

Any scene walking the grounds of the Poly.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Having a leisurely breakfast from one of the tables outside the old faithful club that overlooks both the pool/lake and lobby of the wilderness lodge.

Sipping early morning coffee from my balcony at any room in the MK area while watching the monorail go by.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Walking down the streets of POFQ in the morning with the sun coming through the trees and turning the fountains to diamonds . . .

One of my favourite desktop pictures is that
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club!

My favorite resort memories are attached to the Beach Club. One of my favorite things about it is the International Gateway. There's no better feeling than leaving Epcot when it closes and walking through the quiet countries while listening to the music. It's a feeling of having the park all to yourself. There's nothing quite like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Beach Club Villas.

I like to sit by the villas pool and listen to the chill music. I also like to sit in "The Breezeway" and read.

I love the way the Epcot resorts area looks at night, BC/YC and Boardwalk all lit up. It's very pretty and I just enjoy walkng around all of the resorts at night.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh waking up early and opening the drapes of my balcony at AKL to see which animals have joined me to see the sun come up- coffee in hand.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Stepping out on the balcony at WL, at night, and seeing the castle, especially when it is changing colors.
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Wow! You caught on fast! This is an insightful topic. Welcome to Intercot.

Here is one from each resort at which we've stayed...

1. Walking through the doors of the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, hearing the majestic music, inhaling the smell of wood-fire smoke, and absorbing the loftiness of the beautiful lobby.

2. Watching the sun set and moon rise over the lake, which is back-dropped by the poolside pyramid from our window seat at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

3. My beautiful red-haired wife posing for a picture in front of the big wheel at Port Orleans Riverside.
    Ditto on number 1.
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have many, which pop into my head at the strangest times. Here are just a few:

CBR was our first on-property resort (1989) and the start of many years staying at Disney resorts. At last count, we've stayed at CBR 10 times, this is our favorite resort, and the source of our best memories. CBR really is our "home away from home". Several top memories are:

1. Arriving at the Custom House for the very first time and feeling like we really were in the islands. We spent a lot of time that first visit exploring every nook and crany of the resort and vowed never again to stay off property.

2. Early morning walks around the lake, very quiet and very peaceful, even though the resort is so large.

3. Relaxing in the evening and enjoying a treat from the bakery at an outside table at OPR, while watching fireworks from IllumiNations.

--------------------

A few years ago, when SoG was under construction to expand the size of the resort, I stayed at CR's North Garden Wing which was the temporary SoG. Two memories are still vivid:

1. My 2nd floor room overlooked the lake. The boat which took the parasailors on their adventure passed by my window, so I used to watch them take off while enjoying my morning tea.

2. Early morning or late in the evening - walking under the monorail track to/from the MK, while the monorail passed overhead.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: