Quantcast Aaron Rodgers at the MK - dilemma?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aaron Rodgers at the MK - dilemma?

My SIL and her family happened to be at WDW after the super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers was there for the parade and all the other stuff. They happened to see Aaron Rodgers sitting in a very secluded area with no one apparently around. They went up and asked for his autograph. According to them, he responded "he has to respectfully decline." They asked him again and he repeated it.

Well, when I was asked, my reaction wasn't the same as theirs. I was not surprised and upset about it. First, none of us know what contract he is under with WDW while there. Second, the guy had been up for over 40 hours at that point. Third, WDW probably has autograph sessions planned with him already. Forth, I have met many athletes randomly and the last thing they want to do while relaxing is sign autographs.

To me, there is a time and place for everything. Autographs are given when they arrive to a game, after a game, and at events geared for that.

What do you all think?
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with you. We live about an hour from Green Bay and Aaron ALWAYS stops to sign autographs unless for some unforseen reason he is unable to. He is a GREAT guy with a big heart.

I know he enjoyed every minute at WDW that day, but he also knew his team was returning to Green Bay at that same time to a HUGE fan welcoming. They lined the 5 mile drive from the airport to Lambeau field that day. I am sure he really wanted to be with his teammates too.

I am sure if he could've he would have signed an autograph. I agree, he was probally under contract not to sign autographs until they had the mass signing later in the day.
    [I][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mommy of 4
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney

------------------------
    Feb 2006 - CBR
    May 2009 - POP
    Jan 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, did he respond in the third person, referring to himself as "he?" He gets a pass for not signing, but he would not get a pass for that, if that's what happened. That's just cheesy. Or did someone with him say that he respectfully declined? Confused.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    That's just cheesy.
    Is that pun intended?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Is that pun intended?
    Oh, haha! No, it wasn't. But I guess I should have expected it, then.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

In my totally 100% biased opinion....Aaron Rodgers would never brush aside an autograph seeker. As other posters have said, he was probably under a contract of some sort to only sign during a mass session. He is a class act and to date has always said/done the right thing in the right manner. so far he is the polar opposite of #4...but that is another story.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Who's Aaron Rodgers?

I would never think of asking people for their autograph. Maybe because I'm not really interested, but I know that I wouldn't want to be bothered, so why bother someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I would never think of asking people for their autograph. Maybe because I'm not really interested, but I know that I wouldn't want to be bothered, so why bother someone else.
    Have to agree with this thought 100%!!

I was in Ocean City, MD a few days after Mike Schmidt (the HOF third baseman from the Phillies) announced his retirement and on three consecutive days watched as he jogged up and down the boardwalk. Being a big Phillies Phan, I knew immediately who he was and told the friends I was with...They asked me why I did not stop him and ask for his autograph...My reply was that he was on vacation and, like everyone else, would probably not want to be bothered like that. Let him have his little bit of privacy and anonymity while he can....They were cool with it and we just enjoyed seeing a 'relative' celebrity enjoying his time off.

Also, on our last trip to WDW, this past September, in MCO on our way to catch our flight home, we were in security with Phil Simms (NFL announcer and one time NY Giants quarterback) and passed by him two or three times on the concourse...Again, I felt no need to accost him with requests for autographs (although others did!) It was enough just to know who he was and respect his privacy.

But that's just the way I am.....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Wait, did he respond in the third person, referring to himself as "he?" He gets a pass for not signing, but he would not get a pass for that, if that's what happened. That's just cheesy. Or did someone with him say that he respectfully declined? Confused.
    Bad typo for the quote. From what I was told, Aaron Rodgers said "I must respectfully decline."

The reason I asked is when I made the comment, I looked like the pink elephant in the room. They all looked at me like I was crazy. WDW pays $Ms for the SB MVP to be there and they are only there for a short period so they can get back home for the celebrations.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it wasn't really Aaron Rogers. Hard to believe he'd be sitting in an area all by himself at Walt Disney World.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

It probably wasn't him. I agree. Why would he be alone on a day like that?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    Bad typo for the quote. From what I was told, Aaron Rodgers said "I must respectfully decline."

The reason I asked is when I made the comment, I looked like the pink elephant in the room. They all looked at me like I was crazy. WDW pays $Ms for the SB MVP to be there and they are only there for a short period so they can get back home for the celebrations.
    Thanks, then he's off the hook.

I agree, though, that he's entitled to some downtime. And he was obviously pretty nice about it. Regardless of his contractual obligations, there's a point at which you just can't sign your name even one more time.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: