Quantcast Tidbits March 2011

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits March 2011

Tidbits
    March 2011

A Bear Change

3/22/11
    Studios Cast have reported a change-over for one of the Magic of Disney Animation Meet & Greet locations in Late Spring 2011. The Lotso Meet & Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will cease operation April 20, 2011. The Meet & Greet location will then be closed for refurbishment May 1 – 15, 2011. The location will re-open May 16th, as a new Meet & Greet location for Winnie the Pooh.

Trade Embargo

3/22/1
    1 In preparation for the May 20, 2001 opening of Star Tours II, the attraction’s gift shop will be closing for renovations in early April. It has been internally announced that Tatooine Traders will be closed for refurbishment April 4 – 17, 2011. It was not announced if the refurbishment will result in any changes to the store or the refurbishment will be to refresh/upkeep the existing store elements.

May More Force be With You

3/22/11
    Studios Cast have reported that the Jedi Training Academy will be expanding showings on select days. On select dates, additional shows will be added at 9:15 am, 5:45 pm, 6:40 pm, 7:35 pm, and 8:30 pm. The scheduled dates for these expanded showings are March 29,31; April 3,5,7,10,12,14,17-24,26,28-30; May 3,6,7,9,12,13,15,17,20,22,24,26,28,29,31; June 2,5,7,9,11,12,14,16,19,21,23,26,28,30; July 3 5,7,10,12,14,16,17,19,21,22,24,26,28,30,31; August 2,4,7,9,11,14,16,18,20,21,23,25,28; and September 1,4-8,10,11,15,18,22,25,29. The expanded show dates currently coincide with the scheduled show dates of Fantasmic!, so it is anticipated that expanded show dates for October 2011 and beyond will coincide with future Fantasmic! show dates.

Cars 2 Tune-Up

3/22/11
    To promote the upcoming Cars 2, the Hollywood Studios Cars Meet & Greet will undergo several changes this Spring. According to Character Cast; Lightening McQueen be on hiatus from April 8 – May 15, 2011, Matter will be on hiatus from April 30 – May 15, 2001, and Luigi’s Casa Della Tires Meet & Greet location will be closed for renovations April 15 – May 15, 2011. Matter will continue to appear at the Luigi’s Casa Della Tires Meet & Greet April 8 – 14, 2011 and will appear on the Streets of America April 15 – 30, 2011. A new Cars 2 themed Meet & Greet location will re-open on the site of Luigi’s Casa Della Tires on May 16, 2011.

MousekeMeets

3/22/11
    A specific date has been set for the opening of the Town Square Theater. It has been internally announced that Town Square Theater will open at the Magic Kingdom on April 1, 2011. With the opening of this new Meet and Greet location; the Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Liberty Square Meet & Greet locations for Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will reportedly cease operation on March 31, 2011.

2/27/11
    Since the Mid-February closure of Mickey’s Toontown Fair, the famous mouse and his best gal have been meeting in several locations around the Magic Kingdom. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse can be found near Space Mountain at the Tomorrowland Patio and in Frontierland near the Splash Mountain exit. Mickey Mouse is also appearing inside the Hall of Presidents. Currently, the Tomorrowland location is operating as the “main” Meet and Greet with the other two locations operating on an as-needed basis. The Tomorrowland Meet & Greet is typically operating intermittently through-out the park day. These Meet & Greet locations are temporary until a permanent location opens inside the new Town Square Theater in “Spring 2011”.

Downtown Closedown

3/12/11 Two Downtown Disney Westside locations have been announced to close later this Spring. Ridemakerz, located in the former Virgin Megastore building, has announced it will close April 30, 2011. Neither a reason nor a replacement was cited in the announcement. Mickey’s Groove has also been announced to close April 2, 2011. The Harley Davidson Store has been announced to re-open July 2011 in the space currently occupied by Mickey’s Groove and the (soon-to-be-former) LittleMissMatched location.

Eerie Additions

3/12/11
    Construction work appears to be finishing on the new queue for the Haunted Mansion earlier than previously reported. Attraction Cast has reported that the new queue area elements should be open to Guests for previews “very soon”. To clarify earlier reports, three of the original tombstone epitaphs appear in the new section and the most of the remainder appear to be included the new graveyard going up the hillside.

2/27/11 Cast have now been able to report several of the changes coming to the Haunted Mansion queue. Three ornate mausoleum show-pieces, a section of busts, and a new larger graveyard are all being added to the queue. The three new mausoleum show-pieces are titled the Sea Captain Sepulcher, the Composer Tomb, and the Poetess Crypt according to those close the project. The new graveyard is sprawled up the hillside adjacent to the queue and is intertwined with some of the existing trees. Those close to the project have reported that the original tombstones will be included in this larger graveyard scene. Some of the work is now coming into view of Guests aboard the Liberty Belle as it passes-by the Mansion, so Guests interested in a sneak peak should consider taking a ride around the Rivers of America. The new queue is reported to be complete Mid-Spring 2011.

Epicurean Expansion

3/12/11
    To better meet dining demand during the 2011 Peak Spring period, several Walt Disney World restaurants will be expanding their seating times or offering additional seating. From April 16 through May 1, 2011; Boma, Cape May Café, Chef Mickey’s, Garden Grill, Le Cellier Steakhouse, 'Ohana, and Whispering Canyon Café will offer extended seating hours. Interested Guests should contact Dining Reservations to find out the extended hours for a restaurant of interest on a specific day. Additionally, Mickey's Backyard BBQ will be offering additional seatings during this time period. Seatings have been added on April 19, 22, 26 & 29, 2011.

Nocturnal Nixing

3/12/11
    It appears that Evening Extra Magic Hours have gone on an indefinite hiatus for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The last schedule offering was February 23, 2011 and no further offerings have been scheduled through September 2011. The park appears to have alternately increased its offerings of Morning Extra Magic Hour’s during this hiatus. During this period the number of Morning Extra Magic Hour offerings has (on-average) tripled per month.

A Slice of Italy

3/12/11
    The counter service window at Via Napoli has begun offering pizza-by-the-slice. According to Cast, this offering will last through May 28, 2011. This menu item has previously been offered for much shorter time periods.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Haunted Mansion looks good from the riverboat. I can't wait to see some pictures of it from the queue when it opens...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance to bad Ridemakerz. What an abysmal excuse for an anchor retail establishment that is/was. (Fingers crossed for bowling to go in there.)

Post Thanks / Like

good. looking forward to HM.
    and may have to try pizza by the slice
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of Ridemakerz? ???

I'm SO excited to see the new Haunted Mansion...even if I have to see it online.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see HM, they needed something cool for the outside. I love the fact that Via Napoli is selling by the slice because they have amazing pizza; if you haven't tried make sure you grab a slice my wife and I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellesRose View Post
    Never heard of Ridemakerz? ???
    Think "Build-a-Bear" for cars.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if AK's elimination of evening EMH has anything to do with the supposed work that's being done on the Yeti. I've heard there is a tarp/screen up of some kind and the area is just dark, so for now the broken yeti is missing.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope they bring back Extra Magic Evening Hours for Animal Kingdom! When you aren't an early riser and the park closes at 5pm or 6pm it you can't ride dinosaur over and over again

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    The Lotso Meet & Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will cease operation April 20, 2011. The Meet & Greet location will then be closed for refurbishment May 1 – 15, 2011. The location will re-open May 16th, as a new Meet & Greet location for Winnie the Pooh.
    Just the Lotso section is closing/changing, or the whole meet area? Not a big fan, so I'd not like if they convert that whole area to just Pooh characters.

I hope the new meet 'n greet area for Mickey and Minnie rocks, because seeing Mickey this past weekend at The Hall of Presidents and in Frontierland was very cool. I'm kinda sad they are just temporary meets.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Just the Lotso section is closing/changing, or the whole meet area?
    Just the section currently occupied by Lotso ... the rotating section for the latest film release.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Just the section currently occupied by Lotso ... the rotating section for the latest film release.
    Ahh, and Pooh has a new movie coming out, if I remember correctly. Well, at least it's not permanant.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for all the new updates, Jason... I am so excited by all that will be new by August!!

And I am THRILLED that Lotso will be leaving... for the life of me, I cannot figure out why Disney chose to make him a "huggable" Meet 'n Greet character.... I find him more despicable than any other villain out there, and that's saying something, when you consider Malificent.... Why so many think he's cute and sweet is beyond me, maybe they've never seen the movie??

Anyway... glad to know he's leaving, happy to hear of all the other changes!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    And I am THRILLED that Lotso will be leaving... for the life of me, I cannot figure out why Disney chose to make him a "huggable" Meet 'n Greet character.... I find him more despicable than any other villain out there, and that's saying something, when you consider Malificent.... Why so many think he's cute and sweet is beyond me, maybe they've never seen the movie??
    Oh, I totally agree with this Blythe. The Lotso meet 'n greet is definitely one of those decisions by Disney. The fact that he's supposed to be a big old loveable, huggable bear and is instead a mean, despicable killer instead makes him the most vile out there.

I just wish it was something other than Pooh going in there. And I miss the days when you had no idea who was going to be in that character area. Any more it's predictable with Sorcerer Mickey, The Incredibles, Stitch and whoever is the 'feature' of the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Thanks for all the new updates, Jason... I am so excited by all that will be new by August!!

Anyway... glad to know he's leaving, happy to hear of all the other changes!!
    i actually was in Disney before Toy Story 3 had come into theaters. I met latso and actually hugged him, and to my surprise he actually smelled strawberry's. I couldn't get over the fact that the Imagineer's put so much into the costume though the movie had not been seen. prior to seeing the movie lotso was my hero i told everyone how cool it was to meet him. After i saw the movie i hated him. i couldn't believe the fact Disney would have let so many people hug and enjoy the company of the worst villain in Disney history. im now proud to say we now have our own latso stuck to the grill of our RV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: