Quantcast Freakiest thing you've seen in a Disney Park... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Duffy!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Duffy!
    Yes. Those Mickey shaped eyes are really weird. I don't understand the Duffy thing at ALL.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Duffy!
    Now, now...Duffy likes the baseball.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally Agree !!

The Spectromagic clowns for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if any of you have ever gotten stuck on IASW when it really broke down. When the ride shuts down, they send out cast members in those big fishing overalls (not sure what they're called). They have to push the boats to the nearest emergency exit. Let me tell you, it's a strange moment to see a real person walking in the water pushing those boats with all the dolls still moving, but not singing (because, mercifully, they turn off the soundtrack).
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Dinosaur ride. I can take roller coasters and thrill rides but I couldnt take this one. Everyone else LOVED the picture at the end of the ride with my head hiding on my then BF shoulder. I couldnt wait to get off that ride!
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I saw two women dressed in sleazy princess-style costumes with platform sandals at Epcot. One was Jasmine and the other was Belle. I don't know how they got in dressed that way. I thought it was against park rules to be an adult guest dressed as characters, unless it was for the Halloween party. Plus, these women looked to be for hire, to be honest. It was downright bizarre and definitely freaky.
    OMG I saw those two!!! I wonder if we happened to be down at the same time or if they're locals who come dressed that way!?!

Seriously ... they looked like streetwalker versions of Jasmine and Belle ... it was really weird!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it was extra evening hours because it was really late and really dark outside. We decided to burn off some calories from our dole whips on the Swiss family Robinson treehouse walkthrough. We were up near one of the little tree house rooms and I thought I saw a shadow of a person (thought maybe they added a life-size doll as decor) As I got closer I realized it was a real person In a black hooded sweatshirt just standing there facing towards aladdin carpets/adventureland. They didn't flinch when we passed by them so I never saw their face. We were both really creeped out and so as we went up a bit further we stopped and looked back and he/she was nowhere in sight. We got off so fast and we have never gone near that tree again...

Post Thanks / Like

HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .
    That used to scare me to death
    no pun intended

Kyle

Wilderness Lodge July 10-24, 2011!
    11 Annual Trips and Counting

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair. Didn't notice him until I uploaded the picture onto the computer.

http://tinypic.com/r/5516jn/7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    OMG I saw those two!!! I wonder if we happened to be down at the same time or if they're locals who come dressed that way!?!

Seriously ... they looked like streetwalker versions of Jasmine and Belle ... it was really weird!
    Ian, wow. We must have overlapped trips at some point, or yes, they could be locals (scary thought). I'm glad someone else saw them, though. I really thought they should not have been allowed in. Could have scared some kids. I know I was a little freaked out by them.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the clown pool at BWI. I don't particularly like the pool at FQ either..even the alligators on the sidewalks freak me out.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else about any of the clowns or masks. I wonder what it is about them that bother me and others. Maybe the leering expression. Or that the face seems so incongruous to the body. It's just freaky!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I'm with everyone else about any of the clowns or masks. I wonder what it is about them that bother me and others. Maybe the leering expression. Or that the face seems so incongruous to the body. It's just freaky!

Amy
    For me it goes back to a Little House on the Prairie episode where this guy was a rapist and he wore this like clown/mime mask...it had the character Albert in it...ever since then I don't like clowns or mask like that...
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Towle View Post
    When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair. Didn't notice him until I uploaded the picture onto the computer.

Holy cow, Ryan! It took me a few minutes, but I finally saw what you were referencing in that photo. That is just incredibly freaky/creepy. Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLovesDisney View Post
    I believe it was extra evening hours because it was really late and really dark outside. We decided to burn off some calories from our dole whips on the Swiss family Robinson treehouse walkthrough. We were up near one of the little tree house rooms and I thought I saw a shadow of a person (thought maybe they added a life-size doll as decor) As I got closer I realized it was a real person In a black hooded sweatshirt just standing there facing towards aladdin carpets/adventureland. They didn't flinch when we passed by them so I never saw their face. We were both really creeped out and so as we went up a bit further we stopped and looked back and he/she was nowhere in sight. We got off so fast and we have never gone near that tree again...
    That sounds absolutely terrifying. I knew there was a reason I avoided that area at night.
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Towle View Post

totally just freaked me out, thanks. it also looks like he has his ankles crossed. i always tell my hubby that when i am dead if he wants to visit me then he should go to Disney World. I wonder if that is what that guy told his family?

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    For me it goes back to a Little House on the Prairie episode where this guy was a rapist and he wore this like clown/mime mask...it had the character Albert in it...ever since then I don't like clowns or mask like that...
    i remember that episode and i believe albert was going to marry her because she was "with child".....

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfrustaci View Post
    totally just freaked me out, thanks. it also looks like he has his ankles crossed. i always tell my hubby that when i am dead if he wants to visit me then he should go to Disney World. I wonder if that is what that guy told his family?
    I looked at the pic too and saw the image you mention. It's probably just shadows playing off the contours of the pillars, but who knows???

Freakiest thing for me at the parks--the Dinosaur ride at DHS. I must have been on that thing a hundred times and I still hate those dinosaurs jumping out at me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

when you get on a ride like splash mountain after it was closed for techincal diffficultys
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The Dolls of course
    Remember when that actually meant something around here?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: