Quantcast A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Ontro and Day 1 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

More show Pictures

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it was a fun show!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Looks like it was a fun show!
    It was. It was my favorite of the 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t say enough about the Cruella part of the show. She was so amazing and I just wanted to get up and dance

I took a LOT of pictures of her…but look at her expressions…she was great!

And that’s it for the Cruella photos, but I did actually take more than that! LOL! She was just great!

Post Thanks / Like

And Rapunzel even got a turn!

Most of my beauty and the best pictures seem a little blurry.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! The shows looks amazing! I can't wait for your next postings!!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorepoohfan View Post
    Wow! The shows looks amazing! I can't wait for your next postings!!
    It was really good.

Wait no longer.....

Post Thanks / Like

On to the Finale

The show was fabulous. All 3 of us loved it.
    As we were getting ready to go I got a tap on my shoulder. The couple behind us asked me what kind of camera I had, what lens I shot with and what mode, etc. They said they could see my pictures on my screen and were loving them. They had a similar camera but didn’t bring their telephoto lens. It kind of made me feel good that they liked what I shot too.
    We still had time before dinner, so I decided to get Claire’s picture taken by the photographer, so we headed towards the Atrium.

Post Thanks / Like

As we walked into the Atrium we ran into Aurora doing a walk around!

The photographers were getting ready to start so we hopped in line…well we made the line because we were first!

Claire did a little dancing and twirling while we waited.

Then I realized that Claire’s hair looked horrid. So I took out her braid and did the finger comb thing and tried to make it slightly presentable.

It was then time to get pictures. As they took some of Claire, I would randomly take a few too. Of course I don’t have all the fancy flashes and was doing it quickly so they wouldn’t tell me no…so mine aren’t so great.

Theirs were pretty good though. There are a few with half closed eyes and such, but we got a good batch.

And then I got some with Claire as well.

This would be one of my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

As you can see by the photo shoot pictures, I had not yet changed for dinner. (Why I waited, I don’t remember) We decided to head back to the room to get ready. Of course we stopped for a few pictures on the way.

We headed back to the room and I changed. Claire had been complaining that her dress was really itchy. I was going to put a shirt under it, but when Mom took it off her we saw he skin was very red and blotchy so we just changed her completely. In the future we will always put a shirt under this dress.

We still had a bit of time so we wandered through the shops. I had to buy a sweatshirt for a fellow Diser. She had been on the cruise a few weeks prior and bought one for herself, but her Mom ended up not getting one and regretted it ever since. So she asked if I would pick one up for her. The one she wanted was no longer available in bigger sizes, but they had a similar one in a different color, so I purchased that right away so I wouldn’t forget to later on.

We headed then towards Enchanted Garden.

Word to the wise…don’t get to Dinner early or even on time…You WILL wait. We got there about 5 minutes late and still had to wait to be seated. I would suggest getting there about 10 minutes late and you will next to no wait.

Our table was right by the doorway.

The place was beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

We soon met our fabulous Servers, Brent and Srdjan. Srdjan called Claire a Princess right from the start and she instantly was his biggest fan!

Claire colored while we waited for our food. She was going to do the Dine and Play…meaning her food would come faster and then she would leave early to go to the kids club.

Our food came and it was delicious!

Through out dinner a photographer went around and took pictures at each table.

Claire’s dessert arrived early and she took a few bites and then Mom and I attacked it!

She then went on to the kids club.

Our desserts arrived then too.

Before we left I took a few more pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Mom and I decided to go back to the shops and look some more. We didn’t have much time before dinner. I knew I wanted to get a sweatshirt for myself ( I have a bit of a sweatshirt obsession) , but I wanted to take my time and look around at all the options. I ended up getting the same one that I bought my Dis friend. It was cute and my style and it said Inaugural on it!

This is what I got!

I found one I liked for Claire as well and got that for her…..which I guess was a mistake, because she then knew we had gone shopping without her and then she didn’t ever want to go to the kids clubs anymore because she was afraid we would do something fun without her. She wasn’t upset with us, nor did she ever make a big deal about it, but I figured it out after awhile when she would ask what we were going to do if she went to the club.

I looked at the Cruise Dooney and Bourkes. I wasn’t too sure about them. They seem to be shiny with a vinyl type coating. They just weren’t doing it for me at the time. I didn’t like the shiny coating and very few were “normal”. I don’t remember if Mom made any purchases. We were both on our own roaming in and out of the different shops. I know she had things in her hand and then she would put them back, so I can’t remember if she actually made a purchase or not that evening.

We headed back to the room once again. We arrived to find our beds turned down, with a towel Animal on the main bed. They had also brought down the bunk bed in the ceiling. I had just planned to have Claire sleep with me, but I figured she would rather sleep on the bunk, which she did when she saw it.
    Again, I noticed my excursion tickets still had not shown up, so I was glad I had them reprinted earlier. Our room was always clean and nice, but I just didn’t think our steward was the best. There was something that happened later on that kind of made me dislike him a bit more. (I think it was a him! LOL). He seemed to not leave everything we were supposed to have and almost seemed like he tried to do the minimum amount.

My plan was to go exploring and perhaps check out the night clubs/bars. I grabbed the wave phone to take along and realized there was a text. Claire was ready to be picked up. She had only been there over an hour. I was shocked. I have to also add that I am very new to texting. I got a Droid in Aug and that was the first user friendly phone I ever had, so it was the first phone I actually texted with for the most part. This phone was not user friendly. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to use it…..and it didn’t have a texting keyboard, so I would NEVER be able to actually text someone with it. I didn’t see directions anywhere, though I didn’t look hard either, so I really had no clue how to use it to even make a call. I think we kind of put our heads together and figured it out, but we never really used it for the most part.

So off to the kids club I went to find Claire. I had to walk through a bit of it to actually find her. She looked to be having a fabulous time. She was holding a paper she had colored and they were getting ready to play a game. But as soon as she saw me, she was ready. I asked her if it was fun, and she said yes, but she was missing us. That’s fine, but I was still a little shocked to find that I was more fun than this fabulous club.
    I did NOT take pictures of the club. It was filled with kids and I wasn’t sure what the policy was, so I didn’t bother. It was so COOL inside though. I think I want to spend an afternoon there!

Claire and I decided to go up to the top decks and see how the weather was.
    At some point and time during the evening the Captain had made an announcement about being on our way and stated that we would have very rough seas as we moved out of the storms. I have to say, this was extremely smooth sailing, and I don’t know if we missed the rough seas, or if the stabilizers really make that much of a difference. I have been on rough seas on both of my previous cruises and you could FEEL it. You would stumble or rock every so often and I even felt a little queasy at times, but I never had this on the Dream.
    When Claire and I arrived up top we noticed nice weather. Breezy, but warm and the pools were open. First thing out of her mouth…I want to swim!
    Ok, I told her lets walk around a bit and take in the ship…and a few pictures and then we’ll get her suit on. Sounds like a plan and she agreed!

A VERY blurry picture of Nemos.

Post Thanks / Like

We cut through Cabanas on our way back to our room.

When we got back to the room, Mom was shocked that Claire was going to swim at such a late hour…I think it was at least 11 then. But I knew it was better to get that swim bug out of her than arguing about it all night. I told Claire it would be a short swim and she was happy with that.

Up the elevator we went!

Look down when you get on or off the elevator. Love the details!

Cutting through Cabanas again.

And out to the pool!

There were only a handful of children in the pool. Claire basically had it to herself for the most part. She had a blast. Toy Story was playing on the big pool screen so I watched the end of that while she swam….and of course randomly took pictures.

I seem to have an obsession of taking pictures of the Aqua Duck sign.

Toys Story ended and I told Claire to do one last splash and it was time to go to bed. We were going to have another very busy day tomorrow.

We got dressed in our jammies and Claire climbed into her bunk.

Look at those bloodshot eyes!

I closed the curtain divider between me and Mom and Claire. I wanted to write up notes about the day…but that only lasted a few minutes. The long day was catching up to me FAST. This bed was just as comfy as the one at Residence Inn. Soon I just gave up and went completely out for some much needed sleep.

It was a wonderful first day on the Ship. We did a lot. Not everything we had planned on doing, but we still had fun and made the best of a rainy day.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great details. Can you explain more about the Fish Extender for me? You're really getting me excited for our possible cruise in 2013.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    Thanks for all the great details. Can you explain more about the Fish Extender for me? You're really getting me excited for our possible cruise in 2013.
    I joined a group on another board that was sailing on my date. The Fish Extender is part of that group. You can buy them on ebay or make them yourself. Then you hang them outside your door. and I forgot to take a picture of outside our door, unfortunately.
    People in the gorup sign up tp be part of the FE and then you bring little gifts for each cabin that is participating. You dleiver the gifts into the FE at some point during the cruise. And you in turn will have little gift delivered to you FE through out the cruise as well. Claire loved coming back to the room to find little goodies waiting for us. We got a CD full of Disney music, some magnets, postit pad customed to the Dream, some home made jewelry, candy, pirate trease, etc. It was fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a busy start to your vacation, i hope that the next days brought you plenty of sun and of course NO rain. Thanks for sharing i enjoyed reading it.
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip reports!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reading!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: