Quantcast A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Days 5 and 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Days 5 and 6

The earlier portions of my TR can be found here. Intro and days 1 and 2

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=181342

And days 3 and 4

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=182434

Day 5 ~ April 3rd, 2011, Sunday

I awoke before the alarm went off.
    I went and looked out the widow to see if we were in Port…and we were. So I quickly got ready and turned my phone back on…no service. I walked up to the top and checked out the service and it was iffy. Not sure if it was taking my phone awhile to adjust back or if the ship was doing something to block service. On departure day, we never had a problem with service, so I found it weird that it was not working well now. I kept trying to beep Skip, but it would lose service. I was able to leave a message on the barn phone and a little later he called me back.
    It was nice to hear from him again. He was missing us, that was clear. He even admitted it! Things were going OK at home, but he was having problems with his youngest brother who works for him. (he has since quit and no longer will even speak to any of us at this point and time) Claire got to talk to Skip too at some point and time and was happy to hear her Daddy’s voice again.
    I headed up to Shutters pretty early so I could pick up our CD. It was pretty easy to get and I am glad I went before the mad rush.

The note for the day was this.

I think her gift was a muppets writing supply kit.

I think I took a few pictures with my phone this morning, but from what I see they are repeats from what I had taken already. I’m sure I posted them to facebook at the time.
    We got all ready and everything packed and one last swoop of the room.
    Mom had the TV on watching the debark talk playing over and over. She mentioned that they suggested a Porter, and I told her I agreed. Everyone I have talked to have had good things to say about it, so we decided we would get one. We tried to decide on a tip. I said at least $10, and Mom agreed, then she debated and said she would put a $20 in her pocket too and if he was really good, we would give him $20.
    We made sure our forms were filled out and we had all our proper paperwork with in easy reach.
    I am racking my brain trying to remember what time we were supposed to eat breakfast, but I am drawing a complete blank. I know we were 2nd seating, and it was in Animators palate. I’m thinking it was for 7:45 AM.
    We gathered everything up!

Everyone had their share of things to carry, even Claire.

We got to Animators Palate and many people were lined up and waiting. It was kind of like a huge camp out. Bags all over, people lying around, waiting to get in. It appeared that the 1st session was running very late.

We all used the bathroom near there while we waited. It was pretty. I hadn’t ever been in that one before.
    Finally they opened the doors and we were let in. They told us that if we remembered where our table was from the night before to just head there, which we did.

We got settled in and ordered. The strange thing, it was Brent doing everything. Usually we saw Srdjan 1st, then Brent would come around later.

Claire kept asking where he was. I told her I didn’t know, but maybe he had the day off. She looked hurt. She needed to see him one last time. I think she had a crush on him. She loved how he always called her Princess.

And then out of no where he appeared and we had a happy little girl. They got a few pictures together and then he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

At some point and time I had asked both Brent and Srdjan how long they had been working with Disney.
    Srdjan was working his first contract, and we were amazed at how good he was and how well he and Brent worked together. I think Brent had been with Disney about 9 years, if I remember right.
    Food started to arrive and we dove right in.

Once done with breakfast we headed out. No need to linger, we had another busy day scheduled.
    Mom decided to use the bathroom before we got off, so Claire and I stood with our bags and I gave Dad a call. He was in the area. He had parked at Residence Inn to wait for our call. I let him know that we were now heading off the ship and I would estimate about ½ hour till we were out. He said Ok and we hung up and headed off the ship. It was depressing, but at least we weren’t going home.

We walked down the stairs and several Porters were standing there. We said yes, we would like help and a young guy came over to us. He was super nice…and ironically his parents used to live near us. We found our big bags and loaded them all and went through the line. It was long, but kept moving steadily. The porter was super friendly and we talked about several different things while waiting. He told us some stories of things people have tried taking through the line and not claimed. It was kind of funny. And then of course we talked about Ohio and some of his family that still lived there too.
    We breezed through customs. The agent barely even looked at our stuff. I mean just a glance at best. We were on our way. I gave Dad a call and told him which pick up number to find us. Our Porter (I can’t remember his name, but I think it was Steve), dropped the bags off in front of that number and we waited for Dad. He was great, so we did tip him $20. Dad had come around once, but since we weren’t there he made the loop again.
    Of course as soon as we dropped our bags on the side walk a stretch limo comes and parks there and just sits and waits. And then someone in a van didn’t seem to have a clue what they were doing and just parked in the middle of the roadway.
    Dad pulled to the curb, but way down at the other end, as he couldn’t get closer, so we dragged our bags down to the van.
    We got the van loaded and I took the drivers seat. I had to dodge some crazy drivers on the way out…like that other van that had just parked in the middle of the roadway and then just started driving without looking to see if anyone was near them….and off to the highway we went. I kept glancing back at my ship. She was so beautiful sitting there, and she looked so sad to see me leave!
    I want to say it was around 9:30 when we got on the road, heading to our next destination…..Pop Century at WDW.
    About halfway there, Claire needed a potty break, so we found a gas station and stopped. Word of warning, there are NOT many places to stop along the way, so be sure to go before you make the trip. Claire’s tummy was hurting which means she need to go potty or at least give it a try and then she usually feels better, and sure enough, she was back to he perky self as soon as she got back in the Van.
    I also was keeping my eye out for a Walmart. I needed to either buy a new CF card, or get pictures put on a CD. As we got closer though, it just became to hard to follow directions to Pop and try to locate a store, so I gave up for now.

The drive itself was quite educational. Dad gave us a play by play of his few days with his sister…I am guessing he could be the king of TR’s if he could remember long enough to write one. LOL! And when I say play by play, I mean it took ½ hr to get through to half of day 1 of his time there…including his bathroom schedule…ahem…yes, I learned more than I ever needed to know that trip.
    At 10:30 this sign came into view!!!

And then this one!

And then this one!

And then this one!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We pulled into the parking lot and I went in to check in.

Claire and Mom also went in with me, and Dad stayed in the van.

The line wasn’t long. I pretty much walked right up and checked in. I had requested 1st floor, 50’s poolside. I asked the girl if that is what I got and she said no, it was in the 80’s. I said, No thanks, that’s the last place I would want to stay, can you move us. So she looked and looked and looked. She really seemed clueless. I told her if I had to, we could wait for a room. It didn’t need to be ready that exact moment. She said she found 1…..in the 50’s I asked, and she said yes. And I said, ground floor, poolside, and again she said yes. She circled the area on the Map. It looked good. Sure, that will work. So Claire, Mom and I went to check out the room.

We kept walking and walking…it was quite a ways and when we got to the jukebox, I turned right and started looking for the number. That’s the area she circled. Soon we were out of pool range…and then to the end of the row and our number wasn’t even close to these????? So we headed back to the juke box and realized it was down the hallway behind it. Now this is NOT poolside in any way shape or form! We walked and walked…. all the way to the end. We were the 2nd to the last room, right by the parking lot. How far could I possibly get from the pool? Mom told me not to worry about it as we were only staying 1 night here. But it really irked me a lot. I was half tempted to go wring that CM’s neck…and then change it. She obviously was misinformed…..by her own mind! LOL!
    I then went to go get Dad. I noticed the 50’s pool was closed , so I guess being poolside wouldn’t matter anyays.
    I stopped and got 2 new refillable mugs on the way and filled them up. I got a pink lid for Claire and a turquoise blue for myself.
    Dad was sitting patiently waiting. We drove over to the 50’s parking lot and parked near our room. And then hauled all the bags in. We have way too much stuff! LOL!

I quickly shot some pictures of the room, so I wouldn’t forget to later.

On the way to Pop, we had discussed a bit on what we were going to do. Mom and Dad were going to AK, and then meeting us later at MK for dinner. Claire did not have a hopper, but I did. I had old tickets from way back when hoppers were included and they had no expiration date. I debated on adding the hopper option to Claire’s ticket and going to AK too. But I knew we would probably only use the hopper for that 1 day only, and I was having a hard time justifying the cost to add it. I left the decision up to Claire.

After we got settled in, Mom and Dad took off for AK. I kind of forgot that I would have to explain the bus system to them, and really didn’t. I just told them to find the bus stop for AK and go, and when they came to Mk, there would be a bus stop for that at AK.
    Claire wanted to swim, as it was getting very hot already.
    I told her we could, but only for a short while and she was fine with that. We walked over to the hippy dippy pool for the swim, since the 50’s was closed.
    She got a life jacket on and went in. I sat on a lounger a little way back under the shade and called Skip and talked to him a bit, and then wrote a bit in the journal.
    I had a family come and sit directly in front of my, blocking my view of Claire. There were empty chairs all over the place, but they decided in front of me was best I guess. And they even moved one chair to make it even harder for me to see her. I moved then, so I could see her.

I took a few shots from the area too.

After about 20 minutes of swimming, I told Claire it was time to get out, so she did a few more swims and splashes and got out.
    We ran into these cute little buggers. They were up by the smoking section, ironically. I guess Momma Duck needed a little smoke break.

We headed back to the room and I called Mom and Dad to be sure they made it. They did. They were looking for a spot to eat and said the park was very busy.

I gave the choice to Claire and she decided on MK. I knew it would be busy there too, but we would just make the best of it.

While I got her changed I quickly plugged my phone in and let it charge for an extra 5 minutes. I had been using it a lot at the pool and it had already lost a lot of the precious charge I would need to get through the day. Once she was changed we headed out to the bus stop and made our way to MK. There were a group of young adults going to. They had just arrived as well and they were fun. The one guy was familiar with DL, but never been to WDW and they were telling him all about it. They also had a Doug plush with them and were taking pictures with it through out the trip. I Love it when people do it. I always say I will someday, (with Claires lovey Penelope) but have yet to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived at MK and we were both very excited.
    I tried to take a picture of Claire and that little bugger tried to pull the stroller cover over her face.

We stopped for a few photopass pictures as well.

I also had to go and check to be sure that my old ticket didn’t need to be upgraded…and it didn’t.
    My first order of business was not really all that fun when we entered. I was on a mission to see if I could buy a CF card. I asked at one gift shop and the guy directed me to the photo center, but he also said he thought the only cards the park sells are the SD kind.
    We headed to the photo center and talked to 2 nice photopass photographers working the desk. They confirmed that I could not buy a CF card, but they could put the pictures I had on a CD or DVD. I think they were a little iffy on how to do it, but one girl seemed to know more than the other.
    I don’t know why, but they didn’t put both cards I handed to them on the same DVD. I’m not sure if it was possible or not, but I had to get 2 DVD’s one having twice as many pictures as the other. They also linked the pictures to my photopass card. But for some reason when I loaded the cards on the site, about ½ of the pictures were missing. But it didn’t matter, as they all were on the 2 DVDs. I want to point out that I had the option of CD’s too, but they don’t hold as many pictures and it would’ve cost me over $100 to do it that way, while the DVD’s were about $30 total.

Claire was anxious to get moving…I don’t blame her, but she was very good while we waited. It took a little longer than I expected.
    We then looked at the wait times for the Princesses and Mickey, since they were in that same building. 15 minutes for EACH! Wow….but Claire said no, she didn’t want to see any of them. Bummer…I did!

We headed to Tomorrowland then. I wanted to try and get fast passes for Space Mountain. Claire was finally big enough to ride.

I never even took a first glimpse of the castle picture. It was hot and busy and I guess I didn’t think of it.
    I did turn around and get this one in tomorrowland though.

We got fastpasses for later in the day. I think around 6:30, but I can’t remember for sure the exact time and I didn’t write it down.

Claire declared that she was hungry. I was too, so I said we would head over to find some food. But Claire wasn’t only hungry, she was about to drop dead from starvation. She couldn’t walk another step hungry…You know that hunger….the kinds that kids get sometimes and if they don’t eat soon life is going to be miserable for all around. YEP! That was her. I had planned on going over to Columbia Harbor house for a tuna sandwich, but that planned was scratched right then and there. So we headed over to Cosmic Rays. The closest place to us.

We just randomly chose a Bay and got in line.

I gave Claire choices and she chose PB&J…??????? She almost never wants this even at home, so I thought it was odd. I double checked and triple checked and she said yes, that’s what she wanted. I debated over so many things. I was hungry, but not super hungry. Did I want to stuff myself or just get something smaller? I finally decided on the nuggets. I should’ve gone with the kids portion. There was WAY too much for me to eat and I threw half away.
    The lines were long, but moving fairly fast. We got up to the CM and she was taking the order of the people on the other side…and it was taking FOREVER. They couldn’t make up their mind (why didn’t they decide in the long line????) and it was becoming irritating and even Claire was loudly asking why we hadn’t ordered yet…remember she was about to die of hunger….
    Then they changed out CM’s and of course cash drawers, etc. The new CM goes to the next person in line on the other side!!!! WAIT!!! It’s our turn next!!!!!

Luckily those people were nice and told her we were next! We ordered and found a friendly CM up at the counter.

We found a small table down near Sunny Eclipse and had a seat.

Claire was mesmerized by Sunny. She says she doesn’t remember him from previous trips, but she has dance to his tunes before!

Claire ate pretty well, and even had one of my nuggets. We had WAY too many fries. And I could only eat half of my nuggets. I felt bad about wasting food, but I would’ve been sick if I ate it all. I know for this upcoming trip that I will be ordering kids meals here and there when I’m not feeling super hungry, but need a bite……or maybe just Mickey Bars! LOL!

After we ate, we decided to head over towards pirates.

We stopped for a few photopasses on the way over. This is one of my favorites!

I finally made the time to get a decent castle picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Claire decided she “needed” to ride a big ride. So the decision was to head over to Splash Mountain area and check out the waits. Everything looked busy, but I guess we would just **** it up. I took several pictures on our way over. The parade was also getting ready to start, so we had to fight the crowds to get through.

Splash Mountains wait was 40 minutes. Claire said to go for it, so we did. I think we had no choice. Everything was pretty busy right now and we would just do a lot of walking in circles if we looked for something with a short wait. So what do you do when you have to wait for 40 minutes…..take about 40 pictures!

I posted this one to facebook from my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pictures. A fun time for you and your daughter to make some special memories together. Thanks for sharing.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to know you had more fun planned after the cruise!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great transition from cruise to parks, that hunger also happens to adults, ican be such a b****!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Great report and pictures. A fun time for you and your daughter to make some special memories together. Thanks for sharing.

Julie
    It was sucha fun trip and we still talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    It's nice to know you had more fun planned after the cruise!
    I think I would've been too sad to go home immediately after the cruise

Quote Originally Posted by brian2000boston View Post
    Great transition from cruise to parks, that hunger also happens to adults, ican be such a b****!
    Yes, I too can get that hunger. But I won't drop to the ground and dye...I just walk faster to the restaurant. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Claire was very patient in line. It was HOT and long, but she just hung there with me. We chatted a bit and of course I took more pictures.

We got one of “those” families behind us ….. close walkers…you know the kind…you take one step forward and they take two. It was a little annoying. The line wasn’t moving very fast, so it wasn’t like I was lagging behind. I had actually turned a couple of times and bumped right into them. I guess they didn’t care, because they didn’t stop hugging us. I just get really annoyed by that. I was hot and sweaty and I didn’t need someone else’s sweat on me. I needed a little personal space.

Hey look…a milk can!

And we are getting closer!

After 40 minutes of waiting…I don’t think so!

Claire and I got front row! And lucky me sat right in a bit of water.

And we’re off!

We got a bit of a splash and I ducked to cover the camera…and guess what, that wet seat got wetter. All of the splash ended on my backside…rear to be exact…which Claire thought was really funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That certaily was a long wait for the ride!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdrlkr View Post
    Thanks for the Report!
    Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    That certaily was a long wait for the ride!
    Yes it was. But we had fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I really was enjoying taking pictures as we floated around.

Now it’s been awhile since I have rode this ride…and I have only ridden it about 5 or 6 times in my life…so I can’t remember it all…but I was so wrong here. We got to the part where they tell us to go back, and the guy behind us is telling his kid “here it comes!” And I kept saying to Claire, “ I don’t think this is it. I think we have further to go”. I couldn’t have been more wrong. But luckily I did tuck my camera away before the big splash!

Of course I soon realized this WAS it and I ducked way down and covered all my goods too…. Which of course exposed my backside! I got a little wet again back there. But Claire took all the Splash she could and LOVED it.

Post Thanks / Like

So much fun!!! Splash is my FAVORITE attraction in WDW!!! Just love it!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    So much fun!!! Splash is my FAVORITE attraction in WDW!!! Just love it!!!

Julie
    Thanks. It is a fun ride!

Post Thanks / Like

We exited and stopped to look at our picture. I tried to take the redneck version ,but a strong shadow was on each and everyone I took. Here’s about the best of them….and you can see, I am totally ducked down.

We headed off to Pirates. Claire was a little leery about it. She has ridden it every trip, but the last 3 she acts like it might be scary. The line was kind of long. We usually go when it’s practically walk on. I think we waited about 20 minutes.
    We saw Pirate Goofy at the entrance and I asked Claire if she wanted to see him first, but she said no.

We got in line and guess what….MORE line huggers. This group was a Mom and several preteen girls. The one girl was really close. So much so, that her hair was CONSTANTLY touching me. ICK! She would turn to talk to her family, and it would brush against my shoulders. I tried my best to avoid it, but she would just get closer then.

The girls behind us were talking non stop. I kind of listened a bit here and there…it was hard not to when they were so close. Then the one girl….the one whose hair had become my new best friend, mentioned that she thought it was horrible how all these 5 year old looking kids were in strollers. Now for those who know me, you know that I couldn’t let that comment go. I do agree it is each family’s decision, but it also irks me when people cut those of us who use them down.
    So I turned around…blew the hair out of my mouth…OK, might be exaggerating there. LOL… and said to the girl…. My Daughter is 6 and we have our stroller parked outside waiting for us. We can go longer days if she has one and we plan to stay till at least 2 AM tonight. I also told her that we don’t normally use it at home, but for trips like this, it was very helpful.
    Her Mom piped up them. She said that her DD would be eating her words when she had children. LOL! And she went on to tell her that she was a stroller child as well and they had used the stroller with her for many years on trips like this as well.

We soon we close enough to see the boats.

I think we were in the first row again. We seem to have a lot of luck getting front rows this day.

Post Thanks / Like

great report and pictures- thanks for sharing.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    great report and pictures- thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! I really need to get in gear and get this finished. I leave for Disney again in 30 days. I don't think I'll be done with this, but hope to be almost done.

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED the ride. Claire wanted to ride again! I told her we would come back later. We decided to head over towards Space Mountain again. Of course I took a few pictures on the way out.

We then decided instead of heading to Space we would stop off at the Castle and check if we could 1. Add Dad to our ADR and 2. get in earlier. I have a great Dis friend, Keri. We talk on facebook all the time. Her DD, Natasha, was working at CRT at the time. Keri said that Natasha was pretty sure we could get in earlier than our 9:30 appointment. And it shouldn’t be any problem to add my Dad as well.
    Claire and I went up to the desk and did some name dropping. LOL! We let them know that Natasha had said to come early and check to see if both those options were available. They told us that there would be no problem what so ever to add Dad…and to check back after our BBB appointment to see if we could get in earlier. I then made a call over to Mom and Dad and let them know what was up. They were close to being done at AK and were going to head over soon.

We decided to head over and see if Tiana was out. She was due out soon, so we got in a fairly short line and waited. We had walked by the Dole Whip stand, and I asked Claire if she wanted to share one with me. I have YET to ever try one. She looked at the line and said no way. LOL!
    Of course I took some pictures to pass the time while we waited.

Soon we saw the Princess and her Man approach the area.

Finally it was our turn. I think we waited about 15-20 minutes total, so it really wasn’t too bad.

I’ll post photopass first because I have those loaded already.

Post Thanks / Like

More photopass pictures.

And mine.

I’m not sure why Claire is making all these weird faces.

I don’t think Claire wanted to leave.

Claire seemed to be having a good time with them. They did a lot of talking, but I have no clue what the conversation was about.

Next stop was a quick potty break and then we checked in for our BBB appointment. I let them know that we had our own dress and would need to get changed as well. The appointment was for 5:55. We checked in a little early.
    I debated on actually doing this. Claire LOVED it when we did it in 2009. But we had limited time in the parks this trip and I wasn’t sure I wanted to try and fit this in as well. Claire talked about it all the time though as the trip approached. She was convinced we would be doing it. So a few weeks before we left I made the call. I figured a later appointment would work for us. At the time, I was going with the assumption that we wouldn’t be eating till 9:30 at CRT, so I tried for the latest possible appointment. 5:55 was the latest they could get us, and it actually worked out great.
    I never wrote about it in my PTR, I decided I would let it be a surprise for my TR. I also never told Claire that it was actually booked. I told her we “might” try to do it. So when she got the note in that morning about her appointment, she was very excited.
    While we waited I tried to take pictures of the current dresses. I got a few and then it became more crowded and I gave up.

Claire spotted the crowns and wands. She “had” to have one of each. I let her know it would come out of her spending money and she was fine with that. We told them at the desk and they handed them to us.

A few more before getting called back.

Soon we were called back to the dressing room to change.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: