Quantcast Two Year Old & Character Meal?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Year Old & Character Meal?

We are taking our DS for his first trip to the World this August; he will be a month shy of his third birthday. We are debating whether or not to do a character breakfast with him. He loves Disney--the main Disney Junior shows, Dumbo, Pooh, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story (we're staying at AS Movies)--but we've undecided on a character meal. Any thoughts? And if you think it's a good idea, can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance!
    2004: Honeymoon! All Star Movies!
    2006: All Star Movies
    June 2008: Pop Century
    October-November 2008: Pop Century
    October 2010: Pop Century
    August 2012: AS Movies...my son's first trip!
    August 2013: CBR
    August 2014: Pop
    August 2015: Riverside!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you mentioned that he loves Pooh, I'd suggest Crystal Palace. It's especially worth going if you can get an early morning ADR on a non-EMH morning, for the chance to walk down a fairly empty Main Street. And if he really likes the Disney Jr. characters, it would be fun for him to go to the Hollywood & Vine breakfast. I'd definitely recommend breakfast as I always found that doing this first thing in the morning meant that his focus was on breakfast and the characters, rather then wanting to go on another ride or see another show.

I definitely thought it was worth going, rather than taking park time to wait on lines. When my son was small, our days consisted of arriving early to the parks, staying until right after lunch, going back to the hotel for an afternoon nap and then returning to the parks in the late afternoon. This didn't leave much time for standing on line to get autographs.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood and Vine is really good. We have only been for lunch and dinner but I am sure the breakfast is just as good. We have never had a bad experience there and we have been every trip. I would highly recommend this place!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Palace is definitely good for that age w Pooh Bear, Piglet, Tigger and Eyeore. Also Chef Mickeys too with Mickey and pals.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

We have two children, one loved the character breakfast at that age, the other was a little freaked out by the characters (not worth the $$ for him!).
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for Crystal Palace. It depends on your child as to how they will react. My son at age 10 months loved the character breakfast. At age 3, not so much.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken both my children to character breakfasts and they loved it.

Which meal really depends on what he likes. As a few people mentioned if he likes Disney Jr,

Hollywood and Vine is good, but they do have some of the older characters there- Little Einsteins, Handy Manny & Special Agent Oso.

Crystal Palace as mentioned has Winnie the Pooh characters. I think breakfast there is a nice first character meal especially if you do it early which allows you on MK before opening.

Mickey is at several meals with different characters usually some combination of Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Minnie or Chip and Dale. Ohana's has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch (breakfast only).

My daughter loves Stitch and my son loves Mickey, so Ohana's is always one of our favorites too. It is also family style so though you may not have the variety , you don't have to get up.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend the Crystal Palace too. The breakfast really is very good, and the characters are Pooh related. I would take him.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Many, many moons ago, my now 24 yo niece was 2 1/2 on her first trip. At first she was afraid of any and all characters, until she met a few walking around the parks. Then, PRESTO, she could not get enough of them, meaning that sometimes she would hold on to them not wanting to let go. We took her to a character breakfast at the then called Empress Lily. She had a ball.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely have to give a vote for the Crystal Palace as well. We have 3 boys and my youngest was just under a year old. He LOVED tigger and pooh.

You also (as others have mentioned) need to make an earlier ADR so that you can get in the park before it opens. There is nothing like walking down an empty mainstreet without being surrounded by the masses. It makes for some incredible photo opportunities infront of the castle with no one around you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input. The idea of being at Crystal Palace early is very appealing, especially since we can find Manny and Jake pretty easily in the Studios, and as Disney Visa cardholders, we can have a meet-n-greet with Mickey at Epcot. He loves the new Pooh movie and that would be the last group of characters we probably HAVE to see!

Thanks again!
    2004: Honeymoon! All Star Movies!
    2006: All Star Movies
    June 2008: Pop Century
    October-November 2008: Pop Century
    October 2010: Pop Century
    August 2012: AS Movies...my son's first trip!
    August 2013: CBR
    August 2014: Pop
    August 2015: Riverside!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: