Quantcast Please Help Me Decide!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Please Help Me Decide!

I have a trip in January and I am booked to stay at CBR which I absoutley LOVE!

But I just found out today that POR will have the Royal Rooms available during my stay, now I don't know what to do

The Royal rooms are absolutely beautiful but I am torn if I should stick with my favorite resort CBR or try POR for the first time and stay in one of the new Royal Rooms.

The Royal Rooms are going to cost me Approx $120 more total over staying at CBR

Which would you choose and why?
    What are the pros and cons of staying at POR
    What is the difference in size between CBR & POR?

Thanks!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go for POR! We to have stayed at CBR and love it as well. Each year we like to stay at a different resort to check everything out! We are trying to stay at every resort on property. Maybe even try a split stay that way you can get them both. We did that a couple of weeks ago and the move was not bad it took less than an hour.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

POR. Love it, would move there if i could afford it. Peaceful, nice amenities like the boat shuttles to dtd. I like the ol south feel. Feels good to be there. Even though there are tons of people, you never feel like it. Each building area seems like its own little oasis. Dining options are nice with the usual food court with lots of good options, plus, the full service dining is good. Kids like the pools.

Post Thanks / Like

If possible, I would give POR a shot. We like to try new things at Disney whenever we can. We've stayed at OKW, SSR, CBR, Pop Century, and the Treehouses. All have been wonderful. It sounds like you would really like to try the Royal Rooms, so I say go for it. We hope to stay at the Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, or Wilderness Lodge in the future.
    Good luck with your decision and it's been my pleasure to share my 600th Intercot post with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    The Royal rooms are absolutely beautiful but I am torn if I should stick with my favorite resort CBR or try POR for the first time and stay in one of the new Royal Rooms. [...] Which would you choose and why?
    I stayed at wonderful CBR on my last trip to WDW, and I am staying at POR for the first time next month, so I can't offer you a comparison until I get back There was nothing wrong with CBR - DH and I just wanted to try another resort.

If I had to choose for your trip, I would also pick POR since the Royal Rooms will be shiny and new The price is a bit steep, but I think it would be worth it to splurge this time to have the awesome room

Best wishes
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for the Royal Room as well, but if you don't do a split stay, try this:

Think about when you get back from your trip (I know -- horrors), and try to decide whether you'd regret taking the Royal Room at the expense of your favorite resort. If you don't think you'll care much, stay with CBR. If you think you'll have missed your chance, do POR.

(By the way, even without the Royal Rooms and being a DVC member, POR is a resort I'd stay at again in a second.)
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: