Quantcast Advice needed for looking great all day in parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice needed for looking great all day in parks

Looking back at pictures of myself from previous WDW trips, I can't believe how terrible I looked! In several photos, it looks like I have no make-up on, my face is shiny and flushed from the heat, and my hair is frizzy and flat. How do other women I see in the parks manage to look great all day long? What is their secret?

I just want to be able to display pictures from the trip at home and work without embarrassing myself I also don't want to be reapplying make-up all day long, though.

What do you bring with you into the parks? What do you use before leaving the hotel? Any tips and/or suggestions would be very much appreciated
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the hot, sweaty, oh I can't even look at my hair ladies!!!

On occasion, I find a decent picture, usually taken after an extended air-conditioned stay...LOL!

A good picture in the hot Florida heat is HARD to come by!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Take the picture right in the morning before a long day in the parks.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    On occasion, I find a decent picture, usually taken after an extended air-conditioned stay...LOL!
    LOL I can completely relate!

My "best" pictures were from right after we left the resort in the morning, and at Crystal Palace AFTER the meal and AFTER fixing myself up in the restroom. Sad, really
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Well one thing I live and breathe by is the Brazilian Blow-out.. I have curly frizzy hair, and I love wearing it straight but not in the heat because it just WOOFS!! So I got this treatment done and I now know what I will be making sure I have the next time I go to disney!! My hair has not frizzed or anything in almost 3 months in this deathly hot heat we've been getting in NJ. Its pricey, but welllll worth the money.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've often wondered this as well. I really don't notice other people and how they look until I go into the restroom. There they are...just perfect! What the heck, I look ragged out!

Every picture we have of me is awful! Even my DD wants to know how some of these people get by without looking used up.

Anyway, I fixed it by being the person behind the camera...no more pictures of me!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Not being of the female persuasion I can only give you my opinion.

I think that most women are to hard on themselves. Yes it gets hot and we all fall apart in the heat, but I have never seen anything to be self conscious about.

Those who see your photos are probably more jealous of the fact that you are at WDW and they were not.

As stated before maybe get the photos early in the day, but either way enjoy you are at WDW.

Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I really do not worry about it to much after I am on vacation! I will bring some deordant, a small bottle of corn starch baby powder and a little brush to some time touch up & smell a little decent.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

My daily make-up routine consists of eyeliner, mascara and maybe lip gloss. So that part holds up fine for me, my problem is my hair. The humidity does mine in. Can't find anything that works good. Open for suggestions.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    My daily make-up routine consists of eyeliner, mascara and maybe lip gloss. So that part holds up fine for me, my problem is my hair. The humidity does mine in. Can't find anything that works good. Open for suggestions.
    I survived the humidity in June by using Brazilian Tech Keratin Deep Conditioner and then before drying Twisted Sista Straightening Creme by Urban Therapy. Even the day we were caught in a downpour at Epcot I was frizz free (did have a slight wave though). Got them both at my local drugstore in 3 oz tubes so they are carry-on friendly. Cost was under $5 each.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Let me start by saying I am a male and I only have to put a ball cap on to look all fresh.

But, I am also a photographer. Typically not a portrait photographer for the same reasons listed in the OP and comments.

It all boils down to vanity. People come to me after spending hours getting ready for a photo. Still I have to spend time in photoshop after the shoot because I know they will not like the photo with their double-chin showing. So I have to edit that out. Or the shiny nose or whatever.

The thing to remember is that the photos of you at WDW are typically not for you. They are for your family and friends. The people who know you and see you all the time. Having photos made are to bring back memories later. Say 20 years later. Keep that in mind while you are smiling and not what your hair looks like. Because no matter what it looks like now. 20 years from know you will be wondering "what was I thinking with hair"

So just do it for your family and friends and try not to worry about it. I promise they will never judge you as hard as you judge yourself.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If someone finds a spray that can withstand the humidity I'd love to know it!

Thanks to braids being trendy this season I will gladly be rocking lots of pony tail braids! Their easy, and keep you cool on hot days

As for the makeup, I find the bigger the sunglasses, the better
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

As far as hair goes I find the women who look the best either have very short hair or their hair pulled back in a simple pony tail. Neither of which I do so my hair always looks bad also.

Keep in mind many women who look the best may not be riding any of the "thrill rides" so that may account for their hair still looking good.

As far as your make up, that depends on when you go (how hot and humid it is) and your skin type.

Bring loose powder and a "puff" with you.
    This is a "celebrity secret" I saw on TV..... Go into the bathroom (I would do this in a stall so people don't look at you weird) and take a seat cover and blot your face. The seat cover material soaks up the oil better than a tissue can do. After you get the oil off just take the loose powder and blot your skin. Make-up then looks like new!

The only thing I take into the parks is lip gloss.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking fresh all day

I am with all of you, as for a facial product, I recently purchased a Neutragena clearing powder, LOVE it, been out in humid 95 degree weather and it held up, did not have to reapply all day. As for hair, a couple of suggestions, for dry fly away, use a simple texturizer, or a dry ends serum, either works well thru out the day. If all else fails, put it in a pony....Hope this helps.
    14 days for us till CBR!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella16 View Post
    Well one thing I live and breathe by is the Brazilian Blow-out.. I have curly frizzy hair, and I love wearing it straight but not in the heat because it just WOOFS!! So I got this treatment done and I now know what I will be making sure I have the next time I go to disney!! My hair has not frizzed or anything in almost 3 months in this deathly hot heat we've been getting in NJ. Its pricey, but welllll worth the money.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. It' the greatest thing to happen to woman of frizzy hair.

I also use water proof eyeliner and mascara, and that seems to hold up better in heat. I still touch up with powder and gloss here and there.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, been there - too many times that I give up! Between the humidty, the rides, maybe some rain, I'm tired of fixing my hair before we leave the resort just to look like I just rolled out of bed by 10 AM! For the last two years, I've purchased cute WDW hats &I find some new cute sunglasses before the trip & so I'm super casual but look the same for the most part all day long! I like to have a couple of different hats & glasses to coordinate with my outfit of the day!I also use Bare Minerals foundation which has great staying power! I may blot my face with a paper towel a couple of times a day, but I like the coverage & all day lasting power! Some days I decide to forgo foundation & use a tinted moisturizer!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I've convinced my wife to wear a hat. Just a ball cap with a little Mickey or Minnie on it and put the pony tail through the tab nin the back. I think she looks great and sporty that way. She has very thin hair and once the sweat starts to run, it's pretty scary lookin so the hat really makes a difference. And I agree with others. Get your keeper pictures early.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    I also use Bare Minerals foundation which has great staying power! I may blot my face with a paper towel a couple of times a day, but I like the coverage & all day lasting power! Some days I decide to forgo foundation & use a tinted moisturizer!
    I have always wondered about this product. How do you get the right color for your skin? Off topic a little...Sorry!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

As a side note, if your planning to wear Bare Minerals (or any of these mineral types of make up and tinted moisturizer) - I wouldn't advise wearing it on a day when you'll be taking lots of photos. Mineral make ups are the absolute worst for photos! The minerals in the products cause the flash to wash you out.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have extremely dry skin, and my hair goes totally limp in humidity. I've just learned to deal with not being able to do much to look better in the parks. More natural is best. A tinted moisturizer with sun block and a hat work best for me. There's nothing worse than looking like I tried too hard only to end up looking the way I look after a day at the park.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014