Quantcast We Be Trippin with the Teens Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Be Trippin with the Teens Day 4

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom
    ME
    DW
    DS - 13
    DD - 13
    Home: Boston, Ma
    Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    July 16 -July 23

Wake up call came at 5:30am, I peeled my eyes open and we were up and off to MK for EMH at 8am. We hopped on the boat and arrived at MK right at the opening ceremony. The plan was get over to Frontierland to Ride Splash Mountain and BTMRR early before the crowds got too big. On our way in we stopped at the end of Main St for Photopass Pictures in front of the Castle. I have to say some of the Photopass Photographers do not seem to be as into it as they used to be, of course there are always exceptions, 3 excellent photographers in particular during our trip come to mind. 5 years ago we got some of the best Pictures using Photopass, photographers were everywhere, they would ask you to pose this way and that way. Now they mostly just snap your picture, scan your card and move on. This trip we also had quite a few Photopass picture out of focus. Anyways, we asked a Photopass Photographer to take our picture in front of the castle, and this photographer was great, one of the exceptions I was talking about. She was very positive and energetic. My son was wearing a Wheaties shirt so she asked him to step aside alone and flex his muscles for her, and she snapped a couple of shots. She then took about 5 pictures of all of us asking us to do different things, Thumbs up, get together in a huddle, etc. After we were done she commented on what a nice family shot she got and told us to watch the Magic Memories and you show on the castle at night in case our picture makes it on. We thanked her for being so accommodating and moved on with the game plan of riding Splash and BTMRR. Snag in the plan, although I thought these rides were listed as EMH rides, I realized I was wrong, all that was open for EMH was Fantasy Land and FutureWorld. We headed over to FutureWorld and rode the Speedway and Space Mountain. After Space Mountain we started back towards FrontierLand. By the time we reached FrontierLand it was open. BTMRR was having technical issues and was not open. We grabbed FP’s for Splash and headed off for HM, on our way to HM we got Photopass pics taken with Frontier Donald. We rode HM and then went to The Hall of Presidents, always a must do for me, it makes me feel so patriotic. A must do for DW because it has A/C. After Hall of Presidents we all decided cancel our reservations at Grand Floridian Café for lunch and just have CS in the park. Our FP time came around for Splash so we rode Splash, BTMRR was still closed so we grabbed a FP for Jungle Cruise and then had lunch at Pecos Bills. After lunch we went back to Jungle cruise because our FP time had come around. While boarding the JC Boat DW hit her head on an overheard light and the glass on the light broke, coming down on her. She was so embarrassed and had glass in her hair and down her back. They moved us aside and took everyone off that boat and sent it off empty. The CM’s were great, they were very concerned and kept asking if she required medical attention, luckily she had not cut herself and was more embarrassed than anything else. The breaking of the glass was loud and I think most of the queue line had heard it and reacted with oohs, ahhs, and gasps. The ride CM’s apologized that this had happened but it really wasn’t anyone fault, just one of those things that happen. I am still trying to figure out how she hit her head on an overhead light boarding the boat, she is all of 5’ 6”. I am wondering if something had actually caused the light to hang a little lower than usual causing a lower clearance. Of course it’s summer, it was 90 degrees out, so she had sweat a bit and the tiny fragments of glass were stuck to her back and shoulders. We let a few boats go by while I picked the fragments of glass off of her and out of her hair, of course making sure I got in a couple of digs while doing it, just couldn‘t pass up the opportunity. After we got her all cleaned up we finally rode JC. There were a lot of my personal must do’s I actually did not get to do on this trip for one reason or another. I Didn’t ride Carousel of Progress (for nostalgia), I did not get my Turkey leg (too much food with DDP, was always stuffed) , I did not ride the Riverboat (in all my trips have never ridden and want to at least once), and I did not go searching for paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island. Although this trip I was going to get my Pineapple Dole Whip, and I did, right after Jungle Cruise. We all decided we would take an afternoon break, grab the boat back to WL, and relax by the pool until dinner at Ohana at the Polly. On the Way out of MK we did another Photopass picture of us eating Our Dole Whips.

We quickly got back to WL, changed and headed down to the pool, what a great time! There were plenty of people at the pool, but not too crowded. There were activities going on at the pool and my son joined in on a few. I grabbed a beer (or two, or three) at the poolside bar (Red Hook Beer…yum!) and enjoyed playing with the kids for a few hours in the water. There are a couple of local ducks that actually play around in the stream leading to the pool, and when the pool empties out they swim around in the pool itself. After the pool we all showered and got ready for our first experience at Ohana at the Polynesian Resort. We took the Boat to MK and then the Resort Monorail to the Poly. DW and I have not been in the Poly in about 16 years when we went for the Luau back in the day. I was reminded why people love this resort, the theming is awesome and so immersive, especially with the water effect in the lobby. We waited just a few minutes before we were seated. The food was really good, and plentiful, I think we all enjoyed it very much and would definitely be back.

After Ohana we hopped back on the Monorail back to MK for some more park time. I had realized I had left my instant fast passes from our BLT Tour back at the room, and they expired after this day so we had to use them or lose them. DD and I hopped on the boat from MK to WL while DW and DS went to MK. We grabbed the IFP’s and went back to MK. As soon as we arrived the Main Street Electrical Parade was going by so we got stuck waiting at the Train Station just inside the Park. After the Parade we met up with DW and DS in Frontierland. BTMRR was running and we had not yet been able to ride it. The line was pretty long so we used our final instant FP and rode BTMRR. After BTMRR we hopped in the Stand-by line for Splash Mountain, during the ride the fireworks for Wishes started, We needed to get to the Castle for the Magic Memories and You show, my son had been reminding us all day that we could be shown on the castle during the show and couldn‘t miss it. We got to the Castle just in time for the show. During the show they projected the picture of DS in his Wheaties shirt up and shortly after the picture of the 4 of us huddled together in front of the castle from earlier that day. Of course we were all excited to see ourselves projected onto the castle, how often does something like that happen? After the show we went to ride Splash and BTMRR 1 more time before heading back to the resort for the night.

Wake up call set for 5:30am
    Plan fro next day Universal Studios

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an early wake up call!

I agree with you about the Photopass Photogaphers of late. The interested ones seem few and far between ... but how cool to have your pictures displayed up on the castle!

I love the afternoon pool time with our kids. Some of our best memories are made that way, and it seems like you had a good time of it today too!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I too agree about the photo pass photographers- they are hit or miss. On our last trip not too many good ones- but the trip before- lots of them. That is so cool that you were part of the show.

I LOVE OHANAS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another FANTASTIC day!!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful day, so glad the Jungle Cruise mishap didn't put too much of a snag on your family adventures.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved that you said you had to peel your eyes open in the morning! I know that feeling so well, around day four is when I start getting that feeling!

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Brandon, Florida - About 55 miles from WDW!!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome that they used your pictures for the Magic Memoires and You show! Your son must have been so thrilled to see his picture up on the castle in his wheaties shirt!!
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Love your plan, get up early, and finish with beers at the pool!
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting that your photos were chosen for the memories show! That had to be so wonderful to see I haven't heard from many people whose photos have been chosen for this yet. Maybe the trick is to have your photos taken early in the AM?

We love O'hana too! It is our favorite meal the Polynesian is solo beautiful. They really transport you with the themeing!

Pool time at the resort is the best! Its nice to be able to take a break from what can be chaotic ride hopping and enjoy the pool. I bet your kids loved the slide at WL!
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, your wife having to go through that! Embarrassing for her, but something anyone could have done. So glad she was not hurt. And another great day, very cool about the pictures.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad your wife was not hurt...I wonder if Fantasyland and Future world are always the only ones opened during EMH...I may have to rethink our December touring plan

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Very Magical Day!

Sorry about the broken glass mishap. Thankfully your wife didn't get hurt.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely will agree with you regarding the PhotoPass photographers. We found that although the CD pre-order was definitely worth it again, it's definitely a hit-and-miss with regard to quality photos. As you said, there were a few that really went above & beyond to get some good ones. I think MK had a few of the most personable. How absolutely cool that your family - and DS - graced the face of the castle. I bet that was a vacation highlight!

Yes, during morning EMH it can really throw you off if you're expecting Splash & BTM to be running. At least the Speedway & Space Mountain was at your disposal!

I am so glad that your DW was not injured with the broken lightbulb - that could have REALLY put a damper on the day. Dole Whips afterward were a great idea, btw.

As a family, we rated Ohana as one of the best dining experiences of the trip, both in food prep and service. I'm glad that your family enjoyed your meal there!

Yet another fabulous day for your family - I hope that your Universal experience is a good one tomorrow!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, photopass photographers can be hit or miss. On our last trip, we asked a photographer to take a picture with our personal camera and his response was "If I have to"???!!! He took one picture with our camera and one picture with the photopass camera. Glad you had such a good experience with a photographer and ended up on the Castle show! That's pretty cool!

I'm so sorry about your wife's accident! I, too, would have been mortified! I'm glad she was not injured and really appreciate your attitude - that it was an accident and nothing more. Someone else might have already had an attorney ready to file suit!

Nice, full, and fun day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I wonder if Fantasyland and Future world are always the only ones opened during EMH...I may have to rethink our December touring plan
    They are during Morning EMH, evening EMH there is lots more open. The mistake was on me, I thought they were the same attraction for both

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS