Quantcast Survivor: South Pacific (Season 23) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on Ian, tell us what you really think of Brandon. Just kidding, I couldn't agree with you more, this guy is beyond creepy. Poor Makayla, she has certainly has done nothing wrong to get him acting the way he does. Does anyone have any idea why this guy has been in jail?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why this guy has been in jail?
    What? I must have missed hearing that snippet. He's from this area and I certainly haven't heard anything in the media.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I think the editing on Brandon is a total gimmick (although he certainly must have given them plenty to work with). He's just a 19-year-old kid, spouting stuff off, IMO. And I'm sure they want to play up the Hantz connection as much as possible. Granted, Russell wasn't stalker-like, but he was creepy in his own way, calling women his "queen" and doing that sleazy, flirty thing when he was supposedly happily married. In any case, I can't believe he told Coach his secret and that he went against his alliance this early in the game.

I like Cochran, I think there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. I'm not liking Ozzy so far (I had never watched him before on Survivor); when he found the immunity idol it looked rigged to me.
    Beth yes, the Ozzy idol find seemed way too easy.

I do think Brandon is creepy, but no doubt he's getting undue attention due to family connection. Still, I think there's something wrong when he zeroes in on Mikayla like he has- and blames her. He told us his problem was that he doesn't want to be around her due to control issues on his part (which seems skeevy enough, she shows no interest in him, what's going to happen? He'll make a move and she'll be powerless to resist?) And then he backed off that as if he forgot he confessed to it and tried to make it sound like he's afraid of her as a competitor or something. I think the whole family might have a misogynistic, twisted view on women and male-female relations. I won't be sad to see him go, preferably soon and before Mikayla.

That Jim guy continues to make me wish for his early exit, too. But last night, I was all on Coach's side and looking to get rid of Christine, and Stacy next.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think the editing on Brandon is a total gimmick (although he certainly must have given them plenty to work with). He's just a 19-year-old kid, spouting stuff off, IMO. And I'm sure they want to play up the Hantz connection as much as possible. Granted, Russell wasn't stalker-like, but he was creepy in his own way, calling women his "queen" and doing that sleazy, flirty thing when he was supposedly happily married. In any case, I can't believe he told Coach his secret and that he went against his alliance this early in the game.

I like Cochran, I think there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. I'm not liking Ozzy so far (I had never watched him before on Survivor); when he found the immunity idol it looked rigged to me.
    I'm with you Beth. I think it's editing too. I too was a little shocked he gave up his secret so quickly though. He just couldn't stand it.

I hate how it's become so easy for these folks to find the HII. I really wish they'd remove this from the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I hate how it's become so easy for these folks to find the HII. I really wish they'd remove this from the game.
    I completely agree, Mel.

I'm really finding myself wishing for a return to the stripped-down original version, with no immunity idols, no RI ... just play the game and that's it. No gimmicks.

Don't agree that Brandon's creepiness is all in the editing, though. You can't edit that level of creepiness. You have to have something to work from and his fixation on Mikayla is borderline obsessive. I mean, he said that stuff right on camera! They didn't put the creepy words in his mouth.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I'm really finding myself wishing for a return to the stripped-down original version, with no immunity idols, no RI ... just play the game and that's it. No gimmicks.
    Yes! I remember we agreed on that last season, too. A back to basics Survivor would be awesome.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

What? I must have missed hearing that snippet. He's from this area and I certainly haven't heard anything in the media.
    He referred to it in the first episode as for the reason he is now living a nicer (my word not his, as I can't remember the exact word he used) life. It was in his explaining why Mikayla was so awful.
    I'm probably a bit over sensitive on this subject as I had a beautiful teenage daughter who had a male classmate who was caught peeking in her bedroom window. His excuse was "She smiled at me"! She had no idea who he was and as a friendly outgoing girl, she pretty much smiled at everyone and she still does to this day. After her older brother and his buddies had a chat with this guy about what would happen if he was ever caught in our backyard again, I don't think he ever even came into our neighborhood again.
    As for Brandon I do not think that what we are seeing is completely editing. The words coming out of his mouth and his lurking in the bushes watching her are creepy.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it can't be all editing to make Brandon look that way. The guy has some serious issues to want Mikayla gone because of her looks. She's certainly not using them to get further in the game like "Poverty" as he called Parvati. She's more like one of the guys than anything, more than doing her share around camp and in the challenges. And now is NOT the time to get rid of your strongest players. Now is the time to make your tribe as strong as possible to defeat the other tribe before the merge. I hope they ditch the little creep and the sooner the better.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm here to admit I was wrong, wrong, wrong! Brandon is super CREEPY. There.

Loving Coach! He bugged me to no end on his first season, but I never hated him. The all-star season I warmed to him a bit (as well as Jeri) and now I'm just really liking his gameplay.

I sure hope Cochrane can stir it up next week and get these folks off the Ozzy bandwagon.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a good episode last night, though nothing too shocking. I was glad to see Semhar leave RI...I'm sorry, but she was just strange. I don't get the spoken word poetry thing, and her little session before the duel was bizarre. Also glad to see Papa Bear go. He was being a little ridiculous with the whole idol thing.

I was torn last night over who I wanted to win the immunity challenge. I wanted Coach's team to win because I'm actually really liking him this season and didn't want him to be voted out! But, I also wanted them to lose so they could get rid of Brandon. I know I keep saying it, but he's really got some serious issues. When Mikayla walked off into the woods with him, I was almost worried for her safety and what he might do while they were alone together. And the Hantz in him really came out at the little meeting that he called afterwards. He really needs to go.

I'm over Ozzy, and it doesn't look like Keith is too happy with him having the idol. I could see that alliance fracturing pretty soon. I also hope Cochrane can wedge himself in there and break it apart.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I was glad to see Semhar leave RI...I'm sorry, but she was just strange. I don't get the spoken word poetry thing, and her little session before the duel was bizarre.
    Oh yeah, yeah...forgot about this. I thought it was totally strange too. Even Jeff was giving her the weird eye, along with Coach, who of course has had his own 'bizarre' moments in the past. So long Semhar!

Post Thanks / Like

I was torn last night over who I wanted to win the immunity challenge. I wanted Coach's team to win because I'm actually really liking him this season and didn't want him to be voted out! But, I also wanted them to lose so they could get rid of Brandon.
    Oh, I am with you! But even if Coach's team had lost, I'm not sure they would be getting rid of Brandon. Coach seems to be keeping the faith in him, or considering him useful. Big mistake. The way he wavers in his own mind, he is going to be trouble in any alliance.

Coach really is playing a smart game this time. He hasn't been spinning yarns or acting like he's out there in his own world. He has been leading his team, sounding rational, making smart moves (except for Brandon). I like this Coach. I've always liked him, but I think I can finally respect his gameplay. Ozzy, on the other hand... he's so full of himself that he won't see a blindside coming, again, and I think one might be coming. And I won't really miss him. And oh wow, yeah, so glad Semhar is gone.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I know I keep saying it, but he's really got some serious issues. When Mikayla walked off into the woods with him, I was almost worried for her safety and what he might do while they were alone together.
    I have to keep telling myself that everything is going to be alright as the whole thing is over and done before we ever see it. Mikayla must have come out OK as I don't see any family not being in an uproar if anything did happen to her. I just really, really want Brandon gone.
    Thank goodness Shemar is no longer there, I did not want to hear any more of her poetry.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

I have to keep telling myself that everything is going to be alright as the whole thing is over and done before we ever see it. Mikayla must have come out OK as I don't see any family not being in an uproar if anything did happen to her. I just really, really want Brandon gone.
    Thank goodness Shemar is no longer there, I did not want to hear any more of her poetry.
    I would have maybe, big maybe, gained a little more sympathy for Brandon if he had been honest with Mikayla about why he wanted her gone, that he's attracted to her and he can't afford that kind of distraction. But no. He had to say everyone hated her, like they were all out to get her, and make her feel terrible. I thought that was low. It could be considered a game strategy, but not the way it was done. It was covering for himself, pure and simple. Low, creepy, ick.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heavens, yes--she was really depressing.

I agree that Brandon is coming across as creepier than ever, but I am actually intrigued to see what his game plan is (if he has one) if he stays on the show. He's a loose cannon, that's for sure.

So glad to see Savaii lose the challenge and not heartbroken that Papa Bear (hate that nickname!) was voted off to Redemption Island.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Loving Coach! He bugged me to no end on his first season, but I never hated him. The all-star season I warmed to him a bit (as well as Jeri) and now I'm just really liking his gameplay.
    Yes. That.

I was glad to see Semhar leave RI...I'm sorry, but she was just strange. I don't get the spoken word poetry thing, and her little session before the duel was bizarre.
    Yes. That.

Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I never really disliked Coach...I thought he was a bit "goofy" on his first season but I really kinda felt like he actually WATCHED his season and said to himself..."What a goof. Am I REALLY that guy?" People can "grow up" at all ages. He was quite nice the last season and this season as well.

Brandon. If I was the boys wife...I'd... ooohh let's just say it's not going to be a "warm" reception. How would he "like" Mykayla more...if she wore a full burka? I haven't noticed her being overly "flirty" like Pavariti was. I have no judgement on him because of Russell. For the most part "good or bad" I think Russell was actually a very "strategic" player.

Ozzy. He's gotten a bit cocky...but I'd love to have him on my team. I think his team needs to get it together. You can't depend on one or two people.

Cochren. Yeah...I like him ..He's got the "geek" thing going. My son calls him "McLovin" from "Super Bad". I think he's got a "Seth Green" thing going.

I like Jim...so far he's one of my favorites. He seems to be pretty "smart".

Sehmera..."I am thankful you are walking and no longer talking and the sun has set in your path"... Papa Bear...No you just did not grow on me.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Semhar

I thought it was especially funny when she was doing her little pre-duel chat that I mean it wasn't terrible, it was weird, but it wasn't awful...until she used the word Boo...then I lost it
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I thought it was especially funny when she was doing her little pre-duel chat that I mean it wasn't terrible, it was weird, but it wasn't awful...until she used the word Boo...then I lost it
    WOW...you listened more than my son and I did...we were jabbering the whole time saying "I hope she goes so we don't have to hear this anymore". You're right it wasn't "awful"...but it's just...I dunno...weird...maybe a little beatniky without the drums in the background.

I should have said earlier that yes I agree with everybody above. Brandon is "creepy". I'm glad they didn't throw the challenge to get rid of him...that's always a curse. But...I'm ready for him to go before he gets "dangerous". He's just the kind of guy that sends up "red flags" in my mind.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

This show needs to ramp it up. Losing interest fast, which makes me sad because I've loved it for so many years.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: