Quantcast "Out of date' rides

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Out of date' rides

I was just listening to Sorcerer Radio, and they had the full ride audio for Ellen's Energy Adventure. I like the ride a lot, mainly because it has Bill Nye, who I watched on a daily basis when I was a kid, but I was thinking: I can imagine a lot of kids these days don't even know who he is, and Ellen looks very '90s' in the ride, also. When do you think they will update this ride? Or do you think it will be replaced in a few years? What other rides in your opinion (besides the classics, of course) seem outdated, and need a facelift/to be gone?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Ellen's Energy Adventure! I completely agree.

Star Tours used to be my #1 in need of replacing, but Energy Adventure has taken over that position.

The Backlot Tour at the Studios needs to be updated as well - it has SUCH potential. Ironically, I think the original version is much more interesting and relevant than what they've got going on now. The Pearl Harbor section especially has to go - it wasn't even that much of a hit and came out forever ago! I'd love them to keep it as a Backlot Tour, but really have interesting behind the scenes stuff!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I love that ride.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Muppets 3d, PhilHarmagic.

I miss the old Lion King show, that was kinda like the Nemo show at Ak. Not a big fan of the current Lion King show.

Post Thanks / Like

UOE could use some sort of update to freshen it up since it has become a little boring to me. But I couldn't imagine it with new characters. Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. Elen's still pretty popular because of her show & I like her for the part anyway.

Backlot Tour definitely needs some major refreshment. I agree that the Pearl Harbor scene needs to be replaced but the attraction also needs a lot more excitement throughout the ride. Catastrophy Canyon just isn't cutting it.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that many things at the Studios need updating. Backlot tour, Indiana Jones, Muppets. Unlike some though, I still love UOE. I think Innoventions needs updated for sure. The race track at MK is really something I associate with the long gone past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. it.
    Universe of Energy with the Mythbusters!
    April 02, (off-site)
    June 02, (off-site)
    May 03, (off-site)
    Dec/Jan 03/04 (Hotel Royal Plaza/Wilderness Lodge)
    April 05 (off-site)
    Sept. 06 (Pop Century)
    February 08 (All-Star Movies)
    Sept 10 (Port Orleans Riverside)
    March 12 (Day Trip)
    August 13 (Pop Century)
    March 15 (Pop Century)

Post Thanks / Like

The Tomorrowland Speedway surely MUST be the next in line for an overhaul! As the whole "Tomorrowland" theming in that area has kinda fallen by the wayside, that leaves the options for that area WIDE open. But in keeping with the original idea, perhaps a TRON inspired attraction would be the natural choice. Dark...indoor...maybe something to do with the very cool cycles they ride, or the "ring" fighting thing they do.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Ellen's ride is due. That boat ride in Mexico is just so weird and out of place. All it has are flat screens with Donald Duck, I dont get it, I think its probably just filler to get people off other rides and into line when the park is packed. Imagination needs an overhaul or demolition as well.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: