Quantcast The Vacation Goblins stole my first day at Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Vacation Goblins stole my first day at Disney

We planned to arrive Oct 31 at 11 am on Frontier. Today, I got an email saying our flight has been changed to 230 pm departure, 615 pm arrival. This bascially blows the first day away for us. I'm REALLY happy we did not get tickets for MNSSHP. We had ADRs for Boma that night at six. I cancelled those on line and re booked for our last night 11-06.
    Who wnts to fly to Orlando at 230 in the afternoon? Dumb airline.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    Who wnts to fly to Orlando at 230 in the afternoon? Dumb airline.

ME!! I'd rather fly there for 2:30 than know I still have 5 months to go!!!

Seriously though ~ I know what you mean! Airlines can be sooo annoying about stuff like that. Ours changed our arrival time to Orlando from 7 pm to 10:59 pm?!?!? Needless to say ~ changed airlines . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Our flight was canceled also. We had a 8:40pm flight and now they put us on the 6:10 pm flight. Now we have to leave work early and my son has to be taken out of school early.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

My flight times have changed FOUR times between the time we booked and now. The fourth change put them back to the original time - go figure.
    I called the airline and had them rebook me on an earlier flight (earlier than the original) and because the airline changed the time - I wasn't charged.
    I know if can be stressful but you may be able to get your times changed or there is still time for it to change back!
    Good luck - just don't forget your going to WDW!
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Conan - I would call the airlines & see what they can do for you - trust me, I book tix every day for a huge sales crew & you'd be surprised what you can accomplish if you say you have a "drop dead" time of when/where you need to be after they change the original flight. You'd be surprised about the concessions a good customer service person is willing to give up to keep you a loyal customer in this economy.

Good luck - I'll think happy flying thoughts for you!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your difficulty. This is one of the (many) reasons that I fly Southwest whenever possible. Having been on well over a hundred flights with Southwest over the past 10 years or so, I have yet to ever have a flight be changed by more that 5 minutes (and that one 5 minute change was due to FAA changes, not something Southwest decided to do)

As for your situation, call Frontier and tell them that the flight they changed you to is not acceptable. They are required to try to find you a more acceptable flight without charging you anything extra or any fees. Typically, when an airline changes things like this, it's because they've cancelled or severely overbooked the original flight. When they re-book you, they re-book you on a flight that is in their best interest, not yours, and hope that you'll go for it. Most folks will not ask for something that better fits their schedule. If you actually call and ask (politely, of course), you'll more than likely find Frontier very willing to try to find something else.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Frontier did this to my family for our trip this past February. Called them and politley said the new time would not work (had us arriving after midnight instead of 6 pm as orginally booked) and could they fit us on the flight that left earlier in the day. The customer service rep changed it no problem and no charge to me.

So if there is another flight that will work for you, give them a call.
    DL - 1980 (25th Anniv. - silver ears), 6/03 DLH, 6/05 (gold ears) Candy Cane Inn

WDW - 7/82 & 12/87 offsite, 12/03 & 10/04 POR, 11/05 Dolphin, 8/06 POR, 12/07 POR, 11/09 Poly & Disney Wonder, 2/11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

This is one reason I only fly SWA. They do not change flight schedules.

As others have said, contact the airline. The rules for success is to be polite, explain the situation, and what works for you. Have a list of the other flights that fit your schedule. They will do what they can to make it happen. If the person you speak to is snotty about it, hang up and call back.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Call your airline and say that that flight will not work for you and get it rescheduled! I have done it a few times and have never had a problem or been charged a fee.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - airlines changing your booked flight allows you to get a refund. We had our November this year flight just rescheduled to later in the day by Airtran - called em up said - no thanks - give me a refund..ching...called up SWA and actually ended up saving over 200 bucks and get there within 10 minutes of original time (SWA was more expensive when first booked).

Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer SWA as well, but they have always been twice as expensive so I don't go with them.

It's nice to hear all of these responses on flight changes and that you were all able to get your flights changed at your interest at no extra charge. I didn't know that if the airline changes your flight time, you can have it changed at no extra charge.

I had my flight changed so far coming back from WDW in November at a later time, but that just means more time at WDW for me . However, if my arrival time changes for a later time, I now know that I can change it earlier for no extra cost.

Thanks everyone!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: