Quantcast Saddest thing you've heard at WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    The girl was visibly irritated at a baby crying (not badly or over the top, just a typical baby cry) and had no problem complaining about it.
    This happened to me and my son (who was 1 at the time) while flying home from WDW. DS started to cry and then fell asleep. When he woke up, he started crying again, and as I was trying to comfort him, the woman across the aisle from me said loudly, "Oh, for G's sake."

I looked over at her and asked in the same volume, "WHAT would you like me to do?" She shut her mouth and didn't say a thing for the rest of the flight.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just the day before yesterday!

We were at the MK watching the 3pm parade with a family from Make a Wish Foundation. A little boy with terminal cancer was in a wheelchair with his family and they all had on Make a Wish shirts. As the parade went by one of the characters on a float (the beast from Beauty and the Beast) noticed the little boy and his family and gestured several times from his heart to the family and wiped a pretend tear from his eye. It was the most touching experience- the little boys mother broke down in tears and hugged her precious son. God Bless them!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad Experience

Two years ago while experiencing the Pirate and Pals Firework adventure for the first time, there was a family with a toddler that screamed and cried the entire boat ride. Neither the parents or grandparents could console the child and the mom just broke down sobbing. I felt sooo bad for her, wish i could have helped in some way. I think the child was on overload, parents tired, just spilled over. Made me want to cry with her.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2002 my family and I were staying at the Contemporary and on the evening we arrived my brother and I went for a walk by the pool and ended up on the sand on bay lake. We noticed some ducks and after getting duck food we sat on the sand and waited for the ducks to come. As we were talking I sensed someone on the other side of me and turned to see a little girl sitting next to me. She looked about 8 and she was wearing a hat and I could tell right away she had lost her hair to chemo. She asked me where we got the duck food and I pointed it out but gave her a big handful of what we had. We sat there for a little while and she told us she was from Texas and this was a special vacation for her and her family so they were in Disney for 2 whole weeks. After a few minutes her mom called for her, we all said goodbye and she was off. The next afternoon I was sitting by the pool with my parents and she came right up to my chair and began chatting again. She said she was about to jump into the pool when she saw me and thought I might want to join her. I was about to go in myself and since she was becoming my vacation buddy I joined her. I noticed my parents talking to her parents. When we got ou of the pool my parents told me her parents them she had a very rare pediatric cancer that effects the female reproductive system. Not only had she gone through chemo and I believe radiation but major surgery too. They had just been told she was in remission so they were celebrating in Disney World. It was sad that she was so young going through something so awful but it was nice to see how happy and friendly she was. I think about her once in a while and wonder how she's doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    My wife and i were discussing this thread earlier this morning, she reminded me of when we were waiting in line to ride Big Thunder a few years ago. There was a family in line behind us, the young girl must have been 7 or 8, she was going through the park map and told her dad she wanted to check out the hall of presidents. I remember her dad laughing at her and calling her a dork for wanting to see Hall of Presidents.
    That is sad! If that was my little girl I'd be so proud that she has interest in learning about our country. My father was friends with someone like that father. He was at our house once with his wife and their two kids and I was disgusted with the way he treated his daughter. He told us how she won an award at school for writing an essay on the Viet Nam wall in DC and how he didn't even know what it was until she told him. I couldn't believe he was that ignorant! My father was in Viet Nam and my mom's cousin lost her husband in the war, his name on the wall. We've been there many times and I even remember my father going to DC for the opening when I was a little girl. It was something my parents made sure my brother and I knew about from a very young age. That day made me glad my parents encouraged my brother and I to be curious about the world.

Post Thanks / Like

mine is..

"if this concludes your stay at Walt Disney World...we hope you enjoyed your stay..."

Not sure if I got that part exactly right as I try to block out that part of of the monorail speech. I hate to think about leaving but for some reason that line snaps me back to reality and always makes me a little sad. This doesn't really go with the way this thread has been going but it is something I thought right away when reading the title and something I think everyone here can relate to.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a frustrated man kick a bird that was in his way near the french fry stand in Epcot. The bird exploded like a pillow and two children screamed as the dead bird landed in front of them. I headed straight to England for a pint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borisfam View Post
    I saw a frustrated man kick a bird that was in his way near the french fry stand in Epcot. The bird exploded like a pillow and two children screamed as the dead bird landed in front of them. I headed straight to England for a pint.
    I think it likely required more than a pint to cleanse that sad image from the palette of the mind. Poor kids...and most of all poor bird.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

There are some truly hideous people in the world, even Disney World.

I think I would have told a CM what happened--there are laws in FL related to animal cruelty
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen anything sad, per say. I did witness some pretty pathetic behavior on this most recent trip though. My hubby developed a headache while we were at Epcot, and we forgot to pack our medicine, so we went to the First Aid center in the Odyssey building. When we came out, there was a group of about 5 teen/early 20s males leaning over the railings trying to hit the ducks with their spit I gave them a death stare and one of them noticed me and got the others to stop and move along.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    mine is..

"if this concludes your stay at Walt Disney World...we hope you enjoyed your stay..."
    This is mine as well. Its so sad to come to the end of a vacation. We always take a last spin on the monorail before we leave and that line always gets me.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If I had seen that man...well lets just say he'd have to contend with a very angry little blonde.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    If I had seen that man...well lets just say he'd have to contend with a very angry little blonde.
    You and me both! And you don't mess with a blonde!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: