Quote Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Just reserved a scooter this morning for my DH.
I would confirm that it complies with the latest WDW size restrictions so that you have no issues at all.
The main scooter that has a size problem is called "The Dream", but there are one or two others.

I guess I am a little baffled regarding the safety issue especially with the scooters.
An example on why stricter procedures regarding scooters, not WC, were implemented is when last year a scooter rider refused to transfer to a seat even though they could and while the bus driver was strapping the scooter down, it backed up over his hand that was resting on the floor. It was an oversized scooter and it did crush his hand requiring substantial surgery to regain use of of it, but it will never be 100% again.
Drivers being squeezed between the scooter and the wall behind it was happening as well. Now drivers almost insist that people remove the key and transfer to a seat before strapping it down.
The fact is that the vast majority of people renting scooters have zero experience driving that scooter. It's scary sometimes how bad they are.

Wheelchairs, not so much, just ECVs.
That is absolutely correct.

what I did mind was when they boarded with more than a few family members.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Other passengers do complain about that.
Some families, not many, do refrain from boarding with the scooter rider and get in line.