Quantcast Savannah View Worth it at Animal Kingdom Lodge? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was planning my recapture the magic trip two summers ago and managed to figure out a way to budget a trip to AKL, I decided that it wasn't worth it because at the time it was the difference between staying there or not. I figured there were plenty of places that I could see the animals without needing the savannah view. .Plus, how often were we going to be in the room?

We lucked into a partially obstructed savannah view. It was incredible. Our first night after a long day at the parks, we picked up a bottle of wine to sip before bed. We went out the balcony with our glasses and ended up spending 3 hours watching 6 giraffes 100 yards from our room! We had breakfast on the balcony a number of monrings (and I've ALWAYS been a park open to park close kinda girl) before heading to the parks.

We realized after we left that the next time we go we'll have to do the savannah view to guarantee we get it...we loved it too much to not have it again. it really was the icing on our already awesome trip. and is one of the things we still talk about...wine with giraffes and breakfasts with ankole cattle.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Having just gotten back from here. I would have to say yes, as well that it is worth it. Especially if you plan to view it often. We had a Savannah view on our first stay and absolutely loved it. Now on our last, we did have the poolview. But that was enjoyable for me as well. For us it was no problem walking around the resort to get a view of the animals. And when we had dinner at Sanaa, we had a great view of the animals right from our table as well.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to give it another chance since back in '04 we stayed there and splurged to get a savannah view... only to find that the walk from the front door to our room was 20mins AND the only animials we saw our 4 days there was a bird on a rock... and I dubbed that my "Pet Rock" rather dissappointing... but i would give it a shot again... i miss the smell of the lobby!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    Having just gotten back from here. I would have to say yes, as well that it is worth it. Especially if you plan to view it often. We had a Savannah view on our first stay and absolutely loved it. Now on our last, we did have the poolview. But that was enjoyable for me as well. For us it was no problem walking around the resort to get a view of the animals. And when we had dinner at Sanaa, we had a great view of the animals right from our table as well.
    Was the pool view noisy? I wasn't able to get a savannah view this time around with my AP but we have a pool view. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there once without the view and still loved it. There were lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the animals. They also had night vision goggles that I really enjoyed using and you had to go outside to get them. It was great without the view, just a beautiful resort all together. Either way I think you'll love it!

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

the noise from the pool noticeably lessens the higher up you go...so if you think the noise might be an issue for you then you might include a request for a room just below the concierge level. We had a room overlooking the pool at the WL and got very little noise 4 floors up.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so excited to hear...

...the overwhelming consensus that Savannah View is worth it! I'll be there in 22 days; can't wait to experience a new facet of DisneyWorld.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Was the pool view noisy? I wasn't able to get a savannah view this time around with my AP but we have a pool view. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
    Poolview noise level was not a problem for us. And we were on the 4th floor. Yes, when you open the balcony door you certainly do hear the noise of "happiness". But when our balcony door was closed it was no problem at all. No noise.

It kind of reminded me of our stay at BWI. When you open the balcony doors you hear the people out there, but once closed, not an issue.

It is a beautiful resort! Just got an em to do a survey on our stay there. So I will be giving a lot of praise.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with everyone else. I don't honestly think I would stay at AKL without a savannah view, just wouldn't be worth it, and yes avoid the pool views if you can.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: