Quantcast Disney instituting Credit Card guarantee for ADRs after 10/26/2011 - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I just don't see how this type of policy will keep people from quadruple booking ADRS and then just canceling them later on like they have in the past.
    I believe it's now impossible to book more than one reservation per time period per day with the same credit card/account. Sure, it's possible to circumvent the system with multiple accounts and credit cards, but I don't think the majority of people would go to that much trouble.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I managed to score ADR's at Chefs De France yesterday for January 10. I previously had ADRs for Biergarten around the same date/time. Before I was able to confirm the new ADRs (on line)I had to agree to cancel the Biergarten ADRS.

There were plenty of table service restaurants that were avaliable. I dont remember this being the case before.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see how this type of policy will keep people from quadruple booking ADRS and then just canceling them later on like they have in the past.
    Because many people (I won't say "most," so not to guess at a percentage) wouldn't cancel and would instead just not show up. I don't love the idea of people double-booking, but I can forgive them if they make sure to cancel immediately after becoming sure of their plans. But skipping a reservation altogether is just plain rude and completely unfair to all the people these restaurants have to turn away as they wait for the no-shows. At least with this policy in place, people are compelled to cancel within 24 hours, giving others an opportunity to take their table.

Frankly, like everything else at Disney, this is really about money. I'm sure some bean-counter in an office in Burbank recognized that the restaurants were operating at three-quarters capacity, yet were still turning away walk-ins. I suspect this policy will keep the restaurants running at a higher capacity than they were before.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Now the question of the day, will they actually enforce this? And if a patron <complains> about the charge, will it be reversed??

If they enforce this and DO NOT reverse the charge when a patron complains because they choose to try and "break the rules" with double booking and just not showing up or not cancelling in the required time - it will work and will help to alleviate a lot of the issues they have with double booking, no shows, etc.
    Last edited by Scar; 12-27-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Language
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see how this type of policy will keep people from quadruple booking ADRS and then just canceling them later on like they have in the past. And I'm sure they can be lenient for people who have legitimate reasons to cancel but not always... I do appreciate though, that it will make people more mindful of their ADRs and perhaps cancel them 24 hours in advance instead of just not showing up to give someone else a chance to maybe get lucky and do a walk in or something.
    Agreed. But at least witht he new policy there will be a better chance of these double (or quadruple) reservations being cancelled and giving someone a chance of scooping them up the day of.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a great idea. I know quite a few people who "double dip" (DHs term for it).

If you have a group where two or more resort rooms are involved it's pretty easy. I know people who did this and they had three rooms. They had three ressies for each night they were there. (Triple Dippers)!

So rude!

I admit it's hard to decide where you are going to eat six months in advance but that's just how it is now.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

At least now there might be a chance to get into a nice place last minute.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I think it is a great idea. I know quite a few people who "double dip" (DHs term for it).

If you have a group where two or more resort rooms are involved it's pretty easy. I know people who did this and they had three rooms. They had three ressies for each night they were there. (Triple Dippers)!

So rude!

I admit it's hard to decide where you are going to eat six months in advance but that's just how it is now.
    We met one family that laughed about making FIVE ressies for every night of their stay for a family of six! I had to ask if she cancelled the other ressies when they had decided and she looked at me like I was crazy!! That is 20 dining ressies she had no intention of going to!! I was floored ~ talk about not only indecisive, but totally inconsiderate for those restaurants!

She is definitely one of the reasons that they implemented that policy.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    We met one family that laughed about making FIVE ressies for every night of their stay for a family of six! I had to ask if she cancelled the other ressies when they had decided and she looked at me like I was crazy!! That is 20 dining ressies she had no intention of going to!! I was floored ~ talk about not only indecisive, but totally inconsiderate for those restaurants!

She is definitely one of the reasons that they implemented that policy.
    Wow! That's unbelievable. I have to say, until I read about this problem here, I'd never heard of it. It just never occurred to me to make more than one resv. at a time, so it never occurred to me that others were doing it, let alone so many. If this brings back the possibility of walk ups, that would be fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is why I am glad they instituted the policy. This is a post from a different website:

I have a bunch of ADRs that we're not going to use so i thought i'd ask if anyone wants them before I cancel them.

All reservations are for a party of 2

Here's what I have:
    Thursday
    Le Cellier 2:45
    Friday
    Via Napoli 4:30
    Saturday
    Via Napoli, 4:30
    Le Cellier, 6:15
    Monday
    Le Cellier, 1:50

Surely, this person was NOT going to eat at Le Cellier that many times and ever more surely not after eating a Via Napoli

Post Thanks / Like

wow actually that would have been me this past december "if" i could have gotten that many LeCellier's.... I needed some 4TS places to take up my credits.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend here locally that could afford to "try out the new policy". She made a double reservation - for the same time and day (two different accounts and credit cards) - and didn't cancel til after the 24 hr period was over (she cancelled an hour before). She was charged $20 to her credit card for the 2 people that would have eaten on the reservation. She then called to complain about the charge and was politely told that they were sorry, but if you placed the reservation with the credit card hold, under the new policy, you clicked that you understood the new policy and that charges could not be reversed. (Or something to that effect.)

Now, let's see how long the policy enforcement lasts.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    The policy has been quite effective. I see no reason why Disney would change it.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I am SOOO happy with this new plan! I have seen a remarkable difference in availability! We we're able to score Christmas dinner at Ohana three days out at 5:00 and yesterday I booked ohana for tonight at 6:40. I have to believe that this new policy is behind it! Ppl aren't making excessive wasteful ADRs! Good job Disney!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    I have a friend here locally that could afford to "try out the new policy". She made a double reservation - for the same time and day (two different accounts and credit cards) - and didn't cancel til after the 24 hr period was over (she cancelled an hour before). She was charged $20 to her credit card for the 2 people that would have eaten on the reservation. She then called to complain about the charge and was politely told that they were sorry, but if you placed the reservation with the credit card hold, under the new policy, you clicked that you understood the new policy and that charges could not be reversed. (Or something to that effect.)

Nothing against your friend, but it's refreshing to see Disney stick to a policy, particularly when it cost the guest $$.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: