Quantcast cabin help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: cabin help

Post Thanks / Like

Default cabin help

Last year our family went out to FW for the first time and stayed in a cabin. We have four kids the youngest were 1 and 2. We didn't know how the loops were set up and where the bus stops were. We ended up getting the very middle part of the loop, which then gave us a long trek to the bus stop. We ended up just driving to the parks instead of messing with the buses.

Next year I am going with my mom, sister, nieces, a newborn and my DD. We are talking about the cabins, but I'm just not sure.

So my long story to ask, can you request a cabin at the front of the loop?
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can request a cabin as close to a bus stop as possible but, keep in mind, a request is just that and may or may not be honored though I think that Disney does its best to try to honor such requests.

On our first Disney trip, we brought a tent and camped. Having stayed in a number of campgrounds where the rest room facilities can be quite a hike from your site, I had requested a site "as close as possible" to a rest room. Imagine my surprise when the rest room was literally just across the road from our assigned camp site and within full view of our site! Well, I guess I got what I asked for!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the cabins many times and always request a loop. I say we average getting our request 70% of the time. but this might depend on the time of year we go.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

You could always consider the cost of the golf cart as well--if the adults all pitched in for a day or two it wouldn't be too bad.

My parents always get a golf cart, and if we've ever been in the back of the loop, then dad would run 2-3 of us to the bus stop, and go back--get everyone else and they would take the golf cart all the way to the main busses and park. Or, we'd just let the most athletic among us walk, and he'd drive grandmas and small kiddos. Either way--my parents just love cruisin in the golf cart, so that probably plays into it more than convenience.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Consider this. The longest walk from any campsite or cabin in Fort Wilderness to the nearest bus stop is nothing (less than 5 minutes) compared to how much you walk in the parks. Of course, that's small consolation when you arrive back at your loop late at night after a long day trekking through the parks and you don't think you can walk another step.

On the other hand, we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and the walk from the bus stop or boat dock back to our room was just as long (or longer) than the walk to a cabin or campsite at FW. All WDW resorts are big. If you are lucky enough to get a room (or cabin) close to a bus stop that is a big plus. Keep in mind that everybody wants those rooms.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The largest loops are WIllow Way and Heron Hollow (2700 and 2800). 2600 loop is also large. I like to avoid those loops if I can. You can try and ask for the 2100 (Bobcat Bend) or 2300 (?Arrowhead) or the 2500 loops several days in advance. They are not as big and the walk isn't as far to the bus stop. Plus bus stop is right by the entrance. The golf carts are great, but they are really expensive - up to $60 per day. Bike rental per day is also expensive. Have a great time!
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite loop is Cedar Circle (2500). We request that loop every trip we stay at Fort Wilderness, and I'll tell you why!
    - It's not a huge loop. In reality, none of the loops are terrible. As someone else said, at most you're looking at a 5-7 minute walk to a bus-stop. But Cedar Circle is even shorter if you want something smaller.
    - It's right near the pool/laundry facilities... important with babies and children!
    - Bus stop is right at the end of the loop.
    - Only a short bus-ride to the Reception Outpost to catch buses to other places -- even do-able as a brisk 10-15 minute walk if you don't feel like waiting for the resort-only bus.

If you can't get Cedar Circle (2500), request Moccasin Trail (2600). It's a larger loop but is in the same area so the same amenities!

Regardless of what resort you're staying at, you're looking at a 5-10 minute walk back to your room from the bus stop anyway, so I don't think it can be avoided.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful what you ask for if you need quiet to sleep. On a recent trip to FW, we were placed in 2800 loop, right behind the bus stop. The people in the bedroom had a hard time sleeping because every time a bus came, the bus made a beep, beep, beep, beep noise when it opened the doors, and then again when the doors closed - a bus going to the Outpost, and then back to the Settlement. The buses sounded like they were in the room. They were running until very late at night.
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Golf Carts

The only way to go is the golf carts. You can either get them from Disney, or there are locals that rent them a little cheaper.
    You don't have to worry about the bus schedules, and the kids really think it's cool. We have done this twice.

Post Thanks / Like

$60/day? That really adds to the price of the room.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    $60/day? That really adds to the price of the room.
    Much to my daughter's disappointment, we never rented a golf cart when we stayed in Fort Wilderness and we got around just fine!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: