Quantcast Splash Mtn open?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Splash Mtn open?

I know it usually refurbs in January, but it's not on the list yet. What do you think the chances are that we'll actually get to ride it between Jan. 29-31? Here's to hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Splash is not going down this year, because Big Thunder is (January 9 - May 27, 2012).

Post Thanks / Like

When in Jan does it normally go down for refurb? And for how long usually?
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsBFF View Post
    When in Jan does it normally go down for refurb? And for how long usually?
    Second week.
    Thru the end of Jan. Sometimes into Feb.

But, as was said, likely not happening in 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Figures. The winter I can't get back there, it stays open. Somebody must have tipped off management.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Great news! My son got to ride it twice on our June trip because he was finally tall enough and he's excited to get back on it when we return!

Post Thanks / Like

When it has been closed in the past, it remains closed until Jan 31. We always have hope that they will open it a bit early, but they never do. (I think because they have done the shutdown so many times in the month of January that they have the closure work from Jan 1 - 31 down pat.)

In future trips, I am going to make sure that I stay through Feb 1 to try to catch Splash open.

It sounds like this year's Jan visitors will get a rare January treat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Splash is not going down this year, because Big Thunder is (January 9 - May 27, 2012).
    :o the kids will be disappointed with our possible upcoming trip in march.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This will be the first trip I am finally able to ride Splash Mountain!!!! And to think we "almost" missed it! We were originally planning during our last January trip that we were going to "skip" a year (January 2012) and then make a December 2012 land/sea trip. But after talking to a cast member about these plans and NEVER being able to ride Splash Mountain and they informed us that Splash Mountain would be skipping a refurb this year because of the Big Thunder refurb (and the CM's explanation was they could not have the two main attractions at one time in that area). But either way I am SUPER happy the CM's info turned out to be true and that I will FINALLY be able to get to ride Splash Mountain I may have to purchase the ride photo (I have never purchased any ride photo) just keep as memory and proof that I was finally able to ride it once!!! haha
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Serious question for you, Mel: Everything else being equal, does Disneyland's management close both Big Thunder and Splash Mountain simultaneously? Or at least stack the closures on top of each other, even if it meant shutting one down during the busy summer months?

The two rides are in such horrible shape these days, and I suspect the California park-goers would not stand for all the broken effects and dysfunctional Animatronics. Big Thunder desperately needs a long rehab, but Splash Mountain does, too, and now it will probably go another year without one.

Seems like this is a perfect example of why California's attractions remain in perfect shape, while Florida's are allowed to run at a level not up to "show-quality." Florida's management is so scared about complaints from guests who expect every attraction to be operational every visit. Not the right attitude.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I are excited about this! We love BTMRR, however, we always miss Splash because we go in Janaury. We'll just sacrifice one for the other next month. It's all good.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: