Quantcast Best time to visit....Really? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    We are going Jan 20-29 are you saying it is dangerous to go then and if so is that also a very crowded time??
    I don't think I would call it dangerous. The "danger' is the groups tend to travel in large packs and can push people out of the way. Some groups have a tendency to sing, chat, dance, as they are going down pathways which can also create some problems. It's not a major issue. Now, is it crowded? Sort of. If you happen to be in the park where most of the tour groups are, it'll feel very crowded. In general if we arrive at a park and see a bunch of the signs or flags, we turn right around and go to another park and it's okay. It's usually only an issue if you and a group are trying to go to a ride at the same time. Also, they have a tendency to take up a LOT of fastpasses. But, those are minor issues and nothing to worry about for your trip. If you see a flag leading a group, just go another direction and it won't be an issue for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    While no time to truly crowd-free, we've experienced manageable crowds during May - particularly early may, early to mid-December, October, late August into early September, early June, January into early February (but before Presidents' Day week).
    We have always gone in May and we have never had a huge problem with crowds even though apparently a lot of spring breaks happen around that time. I wouldn't say it was dead or anything, but we've never had an issue with getting FP or having to wait in huge lines and dh and I were always late starters too.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I always recommend late November - early December. Christmas decorations are up, weather's still decent, crowds aren't too bad.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Massachusetts winter break is the week of February 20th this year. My favorite times to go are late October (Food & Wine Festival), early December, though I agree, watch out for Pop Warner week.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

POP Warner hardly makes a dent... its the tour groups and now just totally packed time to go. We did not go this year because its getting harder and harder to NOT stand in lines for 80 minutes or more. Nothing light crowded at all about the first two weeks. its a shame. I loved it so
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

I have been before during spring break, the height of summer as well and Easter Sunday 3 years ago. None of it seemed to bother me too much. Busy though. This Year we are going to be there end of April(3 wks after Easter). How are the crowds then compared to summer and Spring Break? Just myself and my Girlfriend and she whines less then I do. It works well with our schedule so I was hoping it was not too jammed packed.
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

LilHooligan74: You should be fine crowd-wise at the end of April, especially that long after Easter. Stuff starts to pick up again in May. And the weather at the end of April is WONDERFUL!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I made folks uncomfortable with my "dangerous" comment. In no way did we ever feel unsafe at Disney World, however we noticed (more at Epcot, strangely enough) a couple of times where the teens in the tour groups were linking arms from one side of the concrete walkway to the other, and not letting folks pass them. One instance was a person in an ECV and they kept walking in their line and made the person in the ECV back up! It was RIDICULOUS! DH is a big, scary looking man and went right to that spot in the line where the ECV was and pushed through the teens. He created a bit of space for a few folks to get through at least, before they linked back up. Didn't see any cast members close by us, and we just kept on going, but in hindsight, I wish I would have found someone. Stupid on my part for not saying anything. And this was just one instance. We did see others. Again, not unsafe, but making someone back up on an ECV in a crowded area? Not funny at all in my opinion, but they found it hilarious.
    Last edited by WDWCrazyKaren; 01-11-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

oooh....that makes me really angry! I'm a High School teacher, and while I think most teens are generally well-mannered and kind, I have NO patience for the rude ones! I was expecting you to tell about just plain "thoughtless" behaviour - like groups of teens not realzing they are monopolizing an area, but not actually setting out to be intentionally rude! I'd SO give them "what for"

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    Sorry if I made folks uncomfortable with my "dangerous" comment. In no way did we ever feel unsafe at Disney World, however we noticed (more at Epcot, strangely enough) a couple of times where the teens in the tour groups were linking arms from one side of the concrete walkway to the other, and not letting folks pass them. One instance was a person in an ECV and they kept walking in their line and made the person in the ECV back up! It was RIDICULOUS! DH is a big, scary looking man and went right to that spot in the line where the ECV was and pushed through the teens. He created a bit of space for a few folks to get through at least, before they linked back up. Didn't see any cast members close by us, and we just kept on going, but in hindsight, I wish I would have found someone. Stupid on my part for not saying anything. And this was just one instance. We did see others. Again, not unsafe, but making someone back up on an ECV in a crowded area? Not funny at all in my opinion, but they found it hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    oooh....that makes me really angry! I'm a High School teacher, and while I think most teens are generally well-mannered and kind, I have NO patience for the rude ones! I was expecting you to tell about just plain "thoughtless" behaviour - like groups of teens not realzing they are monopolizing an area, but not actually setting out to be intentionally rude! I'd SO give them "what for"
    Can I ask, as a teacher do you travel to Disney only in the summers? Or do you find time during breaks in the school year to go? I'm going to school for secondary education and wondering when I'll plan my Disney trips once I start teaching! Summers are hot and crowded, and I know that any school holiday also tends to be crowded.
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BWayGrl View Post
    Can I ask, as a teacher do you travel to Disney only in the summers? Or do you find time during breaks in the school year to go? I'm going to school for secondary education and wondering when I'll plan my Disney trips once I start teaching! Summers are hot and crowded, and I know that any school holiday also tends to be crowded.
    No, I tried Disney LAND once during summer and really didn't enjoy it at all because of the crowds. I am allowed to take a few "personal" days in the school year (paid) and a few more unpaid, so that is what I do - I book (I've gone twice in December - next trip is late September) off season time and take a bit of a hit on the paycheque. And I *do* feel a little guilty, but I've decided that my absence for a week or two isn't going to really jeopardize my students' education ;-)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: