Quantcast New to DL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New to DL

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to DL

Our family will be taking a trip to the west coast at the end of July for a wedding. We are going our early to visit DL and Legoland. For the most part, we'll use DH's Hilton points for the trip. I know there is a Hilton not far from the park entrance but I think I'd like to experience one of the Disney resorts out there. I'm not sure if GCH or DLH will be a better fit for us.

How far is DLH from the park entrance? We are only doing a day or two there and I'd like to be close so that we can walk back for a nap of need be.

We are a family of four, two boys (2 and 7 years old)

Also, is it possible to check in early, even if rooms aren't ready and head over to the park? Because our time is so limited and we are going during a very busy time, I'd like to maximize our opportunity to see as much as possible.

Thanks
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All three Disneyland Resort hotels are within walking distance. Grand Californian is slightly closer to the entrances of the parks than the Disneyland Hotel. And you can check in to any of them as early as you like. If the room is not ready you may leave your bags at the bell desk and go to the parks until things are ready for your return.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much!! I am thinking that we may end up at DLH. Seems like a fun place to stay
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Homewood Suites and it was fine. It was not fancy but the rooms were very clean and we enjoyed the free breakfast. The bus service to the parks was on par with what you would have at WDW.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The Anaheim Hilton on Harbor Blvd is REALLY nice. If you could stay there for free, I would choose that over one of the Disneyland resort hotels. It's really not that far at all. Walking distance wise, it's almost the same as walking to the Paradise Pier. It's only about one block away from the Disneyland Resort Harbor Drive entrance. There are also shuttle buses that will take you back to the hotel if you don't want to walk.

For such a short trip, honestly, it's not really worth it to spend the extra money just to stay at a Disney resort. You have to remember that Disneyland Resort is COMPACT. You can get around very efficiently by walking and that frees up more time in the parks.

However, if budget is not an issue, I highly, highly recommend the Grand Californian. It's my favorite Disney resort, period. Have stayed there numerous times and have never had a bad thing to say about it. If it's convenience you are looking for, this is the resort for you. You can exit Disneyland and be back in your GCH room in about 5 min. You can also enter this hotel from inside DCA (there's an entrance that is right outside of the Grizzly River Run), and be back in your room in under 5 min. With a 2 year old, this is priceless!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely be interested in any answers you get to your question. We are most likely making a short trip in early August and I have not been since around 1959 and I was only 5 so I don't remember much at all.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: