Quantcast Kouzzina-Cat Cora

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kouzzina-Cat Cora

Did I spell that right? Can anyone tell me about this place since it isn't on the dining info? Is it on the Dining Plan? What are their menus?

Suggestions for good places to eat around the Boardwalk or parks. We have eaten at a lot of places in Epcot and the resorts and are looking for something different for just the two of us this trip.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Greek/Mediterranean restaurant. Many people seem to really like it. Personally, I find the menu too heavy on specific flavor profiles (cinnamon) and meat types (lamb) that I do not like. The items offered that are things that I would order just didn't interest me enough to actually eat there. Ditto for DH. It is on the DDP though.

Around the Boardwalk area, we like Flying Fish, ESPN Club, and for basic fare like burgers, Big River Grill and Brewery.

Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club is also a nice little hidden gem.

In addition, Blue Zoo at the Dolphin is fabulous! It's a signature restaurant, but not Disney owned. It is on the DDP, I believe, but the food is leaps and bounds better than at most Disney run restaurants.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Kouzzina has a Greek-Mediterranean influenced menu, but if you have actually dined there, you know that very few dishes actually include cinnamon or lamb. I love the Fisherman's stew, and the calamari is among the best I've had. Tender, crisp, and tasty. They also offer many chicken, beef, and fish dishes, and some heavier items like the Pastitsio, a Greek lasagna. I've had very good food and service there. If you're a basic meat and potatoes type, maybe not for you, but the menu is diverse and very satisfying. One of the best one credit restaurants on the dining plan, in my opinion.

Also on the Boardwalk, I really love Flying Fish, but again, if you're not into creative cuisine, it might not be your place. The Dolphin/Swan has a few very good restaurants, not on the Disney dining plans and some very pricey. Shula's Steakhouse is the best steak place at WDW, though, so if you're up to spend a bit, don't mind chains, and really love steak, it's a good bet. Much better than Yachtsman Steakhouse.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Kouzzina has a Greek-Mediterranean influenced menu, but if you have actually dined there, you know that very few dishes actually include cinnamon or lamb.
    Sherri, I have to respectfully disagree with this assesment. If you remove cinnamon and lamb, there are really only 3 entrees (not counting the vegetarian one) left to choose from, none of which seemed overly exciting, in my opinion.

I maybe should have also mentioned the large seafood influence here, and I don't eat seafood so that is another factor that swayed me away from here.

OP, here is the most recent menu (from 1/12), If you like Greek food and/or seafood, you will probably LOVE Kouzzina!

Mezze
    Kouzzina Sampler - Choice of two skewers with Marinated Olives, Spiced Cashews, Dolmades, Tzatziki, Hummus, and Grilled Pita $17.99 (Serves Two)
    Choose from Spicy Gulf Prawns, Sesame Lamb Meatballs, or All Natural Chicken

Crisp Calamari and Lemon - Coated in Aborio Rice Flour with Spicy Yogurt and Garlic Yogurt $12.99

Mussels - with Nueske's Bacon, Shallots, Roasted Red Pepper, and Mythos Beer $12.99

Kouzzina Spreads - Grilled Pita with choice of Three Spreads $9.99
    Choice of Six Spreads $14.49
    Choose from Harissa Yogurt, Chickpea Hummus, Eggplant Spread, Skordalia, Whipped Feta with Peppers, or Tzatziki

Goat Cheese Sto Fourno - Baked Goat Cheese, Pequillo Peppers, Kalamata Olives, Artichoke Hearts, and Greek Olive Oil $8.49

Endive and Shaved Fennel - with Dried Cranberries, Pearl Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, and Greek Thyme-Honey Vinaigrette $9.49

Soup and Salad
    Avgolemono - Traditional Egg-lemon Soup with Chicken and Orzo $7.49

Spiro's Greek Salad - Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Kalamata Olives, and Feta $7.99

Fasolada - White Bean and Escarole Soup with Garlic Oil $6.99

House Salad - Seasonal Lettuces with Spiced Chickpeas, Pickled Beets, Goat Cheese Crostini, and Pomegranate Vinaigrette $8.99

Entrées
    Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo $21.99

Oak-fired Pork Tenderloin - with Feta Gremolata, Wilted Greens, and Zucchini Corn Pie $27.49

Cinnamon-stewed Chicken - with Tomatoes, Herbed Orzo, and Kasseri Cheese $23.99

Traditional Whole Fish - Pan-roasted with Braised Greens, Greek Olives, Fennel, and Smoked Chili Market Price

Slow-cooked Lamb Shank - served with Oven-baked Gigantes Beans and Pepper Sauce $26.99

Fisherman's Stew - Scallops, seasonal Fish, Shellfish, Fennel, Grilled Bread, and Ouzo Butter $25.99

Wood-grilled New York Strip Steak - with fresh Herb Saltsa and Kouzzina Potatoes $33.99

Greek-style Lasagna - with Bucatini Pasta, Cinnamon-stewed Meat Sauce, and Bechamel (Pastitsio) $21.99

Pasta Ragu - with Braised Short Rib of Beef (Macaronada) $25.49 $21.99

Oven-roasted Vegetables - with Oregano and Kasseri Cheese served with Herbed Orzo (Spiced Briami) $19.99

Sides
    Kouzzina Smashed Garlic-fried Potatoes $5.99

Herbed Orzo with Greek Olive Oil and Kasseri Cheese $5.99

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts - with a Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Caper, and Cheese $6.99

Oven-baked Gigantes Beans - with Tomato Sauce and Olive Oil $6.99

Sautéed Farmhouse Greens - with Toasted Garlic $5.99

Sweet Potato Fries $5.99

Desserts
    A Sweet Ending to Your Celebration . . . Baklava - Traditional Walnut and Cinnamon Pastry with Pistachio Gelato $9.49

Chocolate Budino Cake - Warm Molten Chocolate with Whipped Sweet Cream $8.49

Galaktoboureko - Semolina Custard in Baked Phyllo Dough and Vanilla-Praline Gelato $7.49

Loukoumades - Freshly Made Greek Doughnuts drizzled with Warm Honey $6.99

No Sugar Added Chocolate Glazed Cheesecake - with Greek Cookie Crust and Spoon Sweet $7.49

Walnut Honey Cake - with Fall compote and cinnamon ice cream (Karidopita) $8.99
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like 6 of ten entrees contain no lamb or cinnamon. If you're adding fish to your dislikes, yes, it's not for you. And I'm not arguing that it might not be for you, Natalie, I'm just saying that the menu is not that cinnamon or lamb-centric and there are plenty of delicious options that contain neither.

Of course, bonus if you happen to like lamb and cinnamon perhaps. My kids hate cinnamon in savory food and kids and husband dislike lamb, but it happened that the cinnamon chicken was my daughter's favorite thing there (she loved it, was surprised) and my husband really loved the lamb shank, and the lamb burger was a big hit with my son. Sometimes it pays to try new things and to keep an open mind. Generally, though, if you're not into that, yes, don't go. But to discount it because someone says it's heavy on cinnamon and lamb when there are plenty of other options would be equally unfortunate.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been here yet, but my 11-year-old cousin was there recently and it was her favorite meal of the trip.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Kouzzina has a Greek-Mediterranean influenced menu, but if you have actually dined there, you know that very few dishes actually include cinnamon or lamb. I love the Fisherman's stew, and the calamari is among the best I've had. Tender, crisp, and tasty. They also offer many chicken, beef, and fish dishes, and some heavier items like the Pastitsio, a Greek lasagna. I've had very good food and service there. If you're a basic meat and potatoes type, maybe not for you, but the menu is diverse and very satisfying. One of the best one credit restaurants on the dining plan, in my opinion.

Also on the Boardwalk, I really love Flying Fish, but again, if you're not into creative cuisine, it might not be your place. The Dolphin/Swan has a few very good restaurants, not on the Disney dining plans and some very pricey. Shula's Steakhouse is the best steak place at WDW, though, so if you're up to spend a bit, don't mind chains, and really love steak, it's a good bet. Much better than Yachtsman Steakhouse.
    Are you sure it is on the dining plan? I just went to the dining reservation site to book it and it says that it isn't on the dining plan and the meal has to be paid for at the time of booking with cancellations at least 48 hours before.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, nevermind. I was looking at the CoraNation Room and didn't realize it wasn't the same place.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I've had dinner at Kouzzina three times now, and it now has my vote for the best non-signature restaurant on property. The menu variety, cuisine authenticity and food quality far outshine the average Disney joint.

The appetizers are creative, especially the spreads and the sampler, and I would pit the whole fish against any Disney entree--signature or not. Dessert is a definite flaw, but the Boardwalk Bakery is right next door to satisfy your sweet tooth (if you're not stuffed from dinner).

Natalie, while I completely respect your right to dislike and criticize Kouzzina, I strongly disagree with your rationale. A majority of entrees on the menu do not include lamb or cinnamon. I agree that a preference for seafood may enhance your enjoyment, but I don't think lamb-haters should stay away.

I will say that based on my very unscientific observation, folks with a predisposition toward Greek and Mediterranean cuisines gravitate toward Kouzzina. Everyone else leaves unfulfilled This style of food is major part of my everyday diet, so I admit I may be a bit biased. (Ellen, when are we going back to Tanoreen?)
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is a great place to eat. Have eaten there several times and will be going back in April. The trio is very good as is the pork tenderloin. Also love the calamari. You should try it you wont be dissapointed. I have heard the breakfast is great there also. I didn't go but my two sisters did and they both came back raving about how good it was
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

Our boys (8 and 13) also love the calamari to start , and the mussels .... and our eldest always orders the whole fish ... I lean towards the sampler (I love lamb burgers!). We've been huge fans of Kouzzina since it opened, although our last visit in August was not as good as it has been in years past ... it could have just been an off night. Regardless, we have made our reservation for July, trusting that we will enjoy our meal.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the whole fish!!! They had some kind of appetizer bread with cheese melted on top of it and lemon drizzled over it that was awesome too.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone eaten both there and Marrakesh? How do the two compare? I am trying to decide between the two. I have eaten at Marrakesh and really enjoyed it.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Has anyone eaten both there and Marrakesh? How do the two compare? I am trying to decide between the two. I have eaten at Marrakesh and really enjoyed it.
    Yes, Kouzzina is so much better for me. I don't think they're similar, though. Very different food. If you like one, you might like the other, you might not. As different as Via Napoli from Chefs de France, both good, just not the same kind of food or experience.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Question

We ate there on or last trip and my meal was just ok. But then again, I don't have a refined palate. I'm a meat-and-potatoes guy and sometimes I hav a hard time conceptualizing what I am reading into how it will taste. The entree sounded so delicious when I read it, but when it arrived, it both looked and tasted completely different than I imagined.

My wife, on the other hand, would totally agree with Jared's post. She thought her meal was amazing. In fact, it was one of th best meals she has eaten anywhere.

As far as too much lamb on the menu, we are Greek Orthodox and I actually wanted MORE lamb. Different strokes, i guess that's hy they make chocolate and vanilla We'll probably give it another shot. Just. Not on this upcoming trip.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Freind just got back from Disney last Friday. Saw them Sat. they had never been to Cat Cora's They tried it their first day there and canceled 2 dinning reservation to eat there 2 more time. They loved it. We have eaten there several times and it now is a must do for us.
    Hope you will give it a try.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

Our Ratings of Kouzzina (dinner): (rev 3/5/2011)
    . . . food price value: C
    . . . food quality: C
    . . . food quantity per serving: B
    . . . food prep speed: C
    . . . food selection: C
    . . . seating quantity: B
    . . . seating comfort: C
    . . . eatery atmosphere: D
    . . . eatery convenience: C
    . . . staff friendliness: B
    . . . staff attentiveness: D
    . . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The food, although named "Greek" resembled Greek in
    name only. Very, very Americanized. My $32-steak was dry and her
    $27-lamb was overcooked. Both had to be sent back to the kitchen.
    The daughter had the sampler. Pretty small, 6-7 bites for the three
    items. Poor room design makes for terrible acoustics, making it
    one of the noisiest eateries in WDW - worse than Chef Mickey’s on
    a bad day. As many people have offered, the service is VERY
    spotty. We waited 19-minutes to see the waiter AFTER being
    seated (5:54pm-6:13pm). Family bought me one of the a 6" podium
    Sara Lee frozen birthday cakes - surprisingly it was quite yummy!

(I guess when you get to be a famous chef, you don't care about your
    restaurant, as long as the bucks flow in - or it seems that way.)

Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    Poor room design makes for terrible acoustics, making it
    one of the noisiest eateries in WDW ...

(I guess when you get to be a famous chef, you don't care about your
    restaurant, as long as the bucks flow in - or it seems that way.)

[/i]
    We felt the exact same way! My dad kept saying he couldn't hear anybody.

In regards to the in the restaurant. We walked out saying the exact same thing!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be the first time I disagree with Rusty! We've always had attentive servers, and found the food to be quite delicious (and I eat Greek food quite often so I'm not exactly unfamiliar). Yes, it's a bit Americanized but not to an extent that it bothers me. Every dish I've had there stands up in its own right.

As the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks." And as my dad used to say, "Glad you don't like it. More for me."
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: