Quantcast My February trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default My February trip

Just got home a couple of hours ago. Dang it is cold here.
    I took mom yet again and stayed at the AS-sp. The weather was perfect. In fact, I wore shorts up until the hour before I left for home.
    We had booked the 4th till the 10th. There were dance teams and field hockey teams there, but most had left by the 7th. So I added an extra night on the 8th for the 10th. Then the cheer squads showed up. Nuff said. There were South American groups there also. I always try to maintain an even praise to complaint ratio. I prefer it when I my praises outnumber the complaints. Well, this trip, it was 4 complaints to 3 praises. Oh well, can't win em all.
    We did do the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Sunday the 5th. Was excellent. I did not learn anything that I did not already know on the tour. But, it was a 5 hour tour and I did get to go into the utilidors. We went from the West side parking lot behind Main Street. Took an elevator down to the first floor. Walked under Main Street and around a bit then exited via an elevator on the East side parking lot behind Main Street (the parking lot they use for overflow exiting.) Mom loved it. I enjoyed it. So a win-win.
    They have new show in Frontierland. It is a "hoedown" a sort of flash mob done Disney style. It is supposed to be spontanieous, yet they do post 3 times in the times guide. During the KttKt we saw the entertainment castmembers getting ready for the show and was told what they were doing. So, I make sure to have mom see the new show. I do like new experiences. Well I got her there about 10 minutes before showtime and asked a few castmembers before I got a definite place to stand and watch the show from. While waiting, the characters walked up the street. Mom was so excited to see Big Al. He stopped to greet her. Then the show started. Big Al's handler came up to me and asked if she could take mom in her wheelchair to dance with Big Al. I said "SURE!" I grabbed the trusty iPhone and started video taping. I am so glad I did. It is a moment I will never want to forget. It was Disney Magic at its finest. That made my whole trip, I tell you. Wait on second thought, that made my whole year. Mom even asked me to take her to City Hall to thank them. So I wheeled her over there and the castmember we talked to had no idea what we were talking about. Was funny.
    One other good thing about this trip; in an effort to take some of the stress out of these trips for me, I have decided to not make ADRs. I did slip and make some back in December. Not this time. I was able to eat when and where I wanted with no hassles. I usually end up in 3 different parks a day with mom. What can I say, that's how she rolls. ADRs were killing me. So glad to give them up.
    For my third praise it was for Mulch Sweat and Shears. It is one of mom's favorite things, right behind Toy Story Mania, at DHS. Well our last day at the parks. Mom had a list of must do's. AK Safari, DHS TSM and Mulch Sweat and Shears, and MK Wishes and IaSW. We did it in that order. So, back to MSaS. I had her front and center about 10 minutes before the show. She was the only one there waiting. The crowd didn't form till after they started playing. After the show the lead singer came down and stopped us as we were leaving and gave mom 3 MSaS's guitar picks. I wish you could have seen the look on her face, was priceless. Missed that photo op. I was too stunned.

I know that seems like 4 praises. But, the KttKt was what we paid for. Nothing more, so it doesn't count.

Now for the complaints. Well momma always said, "if you ain't got nuthin nice to say, don't say nuthin at all.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well so glad that Mom had a good time.. I too just got back on the 29th or Jan. This was a trip I so looked forward to and lets say there is no Magic there for us or wasn't this time. First off hoards and hoards of Brazillians. The parks were packed to the nines. Gripy people, familys fighting. Mostly about money and the cost of things. Tons of people brought in food. Construction walls or plastic fake fronts didn't help things. Not very many smiling faces this time. Weather was ok. Food not so much. Very disappointed in the whole thing this time. Buses at POP packed and stood every trip we made. Good thing we only had one bus the whole week we had to wait on ECV load in so that was good. Shows need to be changed parades need a good overhaul, I cannot understand why they cannot be working on new shows while the old are still there and then just apply them and roll on. Characters were short and Ok. Character breakfast, well lets say we almost had the place to ourselfs every morning we did one and they came to the table signed barely stood long enough to take a picture and gone. No visits et. We ate at Crystal, Tusker, Akershus all that way.. They seemed less in character. 1900 night time was supposed to be fun but boring.. I hope yours got better.. It will be a long while to go back. I felt like I wasted money this time going and came home feeling very depressed and sorry i went.
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Hungarian, I loved your trip post! Thank you for sharing it! So glad to see the Magic is alive and well. I especially love to see how the older people still feel like a kid and are made to feel special at WDW. Your post brought a smile to my face today. I am going to share it with DD so she can know what to expect of me when I am old and still need my Disney fix!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you found some magic despite a few dark clouds. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Some really magical moments for your mother! How nice!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great, magical trip. Thanks for sharing.

I wish my father loved Disney as much as your mom does. My father's idea of Disney is playing poker..lol
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: