Quantcast Coronado Springs or Carribbean Beach Resort??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs or Carribbean Beach Resort??

I want to try I moderate resort this summer and I really would like opinions about Coranado Springs and Carribbean Beach. Are the rooms very far from the main lobby area? Is there any bus sharing with other resorts? Do you think it is worth staying at either of these resorts, or do you prefer a different moderate resort?
    Thanks for the help!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's not even close. I will never stay at Caribbean Beach again, yet Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. Buses do not share at either. Room distance from main area is debateable, some are close, some are a 10 min walk, but you can always take a bus.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at both and really liked both, but for my family CBR was a more enjoyable resort, especially in the summer. We enjoyed the pool at CBR much more than the one at CSR.

Both resorts are really spread out, and you will have a nice walk to both the food court and main pool area, unless you book a room in a prefered location.

Neither of these resorts share buses with other resorts, but each resort has multiple stops within the resort. So you could be one of the first to get on, but have to pick up at all the other stops, or be one of the last to be picked up and have standing room only. CBR, I'm pretty sure, has more stops than CSR.

We really love CBR, but I also loved POFQ. It's such a small resort that no matter where your room is located you are a very short distance to anything at the resort. This resort has only one bus stop, and when we were there we never shared with POR. I know that from time to time Riverside and French Quarter share, but that was not our experience. We enjoyed the food court at French Quarter, they had the best shrimp poboys!!! The only thing my kids did not like about FQ was the pool slide. They thought it was "lame". It's a great slide for the younger set, but if your party includes kids looking for a more thrilling waterslide this one won't impress. The good thing is you can use both the pool at FQ and the main pool at Riverside. My kids thought the Riverside pool was great.

Good luck!!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Of the moderates, we've stayed at CBR and POFQ. Didn't care for CBR and wouldn't stay there again. Really liked POFQ (stayed there twice). Very quaint resort and enjoyed the boat to DTD. POFQ does share buses with POR from time to time.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at CSR last year and loved it. It's my favorite moderate resort. We were in the furthest room possible from the main lobby, and for me it was about a 10 minute walk. It's a very enjoyable walk in the morning. We had some wonderful cast member experiences here. Gift shop was large and had a good selection of merchandise. We did not get to eat at the Pepper Market.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, and Fort Wilderness (trailer camping), and by far the best resort was the cheapest: Fort Wilderness. If you have the opportunity to stay there, I heartily recommend it.

However, back to the topic, Caribbean Beach left us flat; we'll never return. Coronado Springs is very large, and you either love Pepper Market or hate it. It is very quirky.

Honestly, I'd recommend Port Orleans, either French Quarter (very cozy and though it does share busses sometimes, we never rode on a shared one) or Riverside, which has arguably the best food court of all the moderates (and a great table service restaurant to boot), plus wonderful nightly music entertainment.

Between CB and CSR, CSR. If you're limiting to them.

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of CSR. My children love the pool and having the playground right there is a plus. CSR has a few extra pluses to like queen beds.

Post Thanks / Like

CSR and CBR are our favorite mods. The PO resorts just don't do anything for us. In regards to size, CSR and CBR are very similar in that they are large. No doubt about it. But the size makes for a beautiful resort. Overall if we had to choose, we choose CSR. It has many deluxe ammenities (since it's a convention hotel) and the pool area rivals many of the deluxe resorts. The CBR pool is also very cool with the Pirate theme, but it always seems to be packed.

CBR, I'm pretty sure, has more stops than CSR.
    I believe you are correct, and I believe I'm correct in saying that CBR is the only resort on property with it's own INTERNAL bus system.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are pretty big spread out resorts but of the two I would choose Coronado Springs just think its a nicer resort

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Angelgirl65, welcome to INTERCOT!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I believe you are correct, and I believe I'm correct in saying that CBR is the only resort on property with it's own INTERNAL bus system.
    Except for Fort Wilderness, which although not a "hotel", has it own internal bus system also. It's by far, the largest resort in size.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

CSR is my favorite moderate. It has more of a deluxe feel and seems quieter than CBR. CBR is fun and if you have young kids it might be a good pick. It feels more kid friendly and as a result you always have a lot of kids there which can make it seem loud and busy. They do have a lot that would appeal to kids like sand, pirate pool, and Nemo or Pirate themed rooms. It is big though so be prepared to either walk or use that internal bus.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

CSR gets my vote, the pool with the slides are cool
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post

Angelgirl65, welcome to INTERCOT!
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Carribean beach. Not a huge fan of Coronado Springs. The food in the "Market Place" was terrible. The pool was nice but they shut down the bar at a totally unreasonable hour. The other bar seemed like it was a mile away. (I know it wasn't but my feet felt like it). We were in the Rancho which was the fartherest from the main building. If you choose that one be sure to take a cooler and your own drinks. One aggravating thing was they had "courtesy carts" but ONLY for conventioneers. They'd be "empty" driving around in circles...driving past us. Only occasionally would they ask if we could use a ride. I get it they were for "conventioners" but when you're exhausted and you're walking that millionth mile from the front to the back it's annoying especially when you figure you've spent plenty of money there too. I was really annoyed when I saw one of these carts pass an elderly couple with a walker. It lapped them twice.

Carribean was quite nice...nice pool, bar in the pool stayed open, food was good...nice beachy theme with hammocks all around, rentals available. It was very tropical and plenty of busses. I heard other people recommending French Quarter too.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    One aggravating thing was they had "courtesy carts" but ONLY for conventioneers. They'd be "empty" driving around in circles...driving past us. Only occasionally would they ask if we could use a ride. I get it they were for "conventioners" but when you're exhausted and you're walking that millionth mile from the front to the back it's annoying especially when you figure you've spent plenty of money there too. I was really annoyed when I saw one of these carts pass an elderly couple with a walker. It lapped them twice.
    Did CM's actually tell you that the courtesy carts were only for conventioneers? Because I've hitched a ride on them more than once, either by calling the front desk or flagging them down and it was never a problem. I do think that they will bypass people on the paths unless they are flagged down as some people like to walk the grounds. Of course, it would have been nice for them to stop and offer a ride to the elderly couple you mention--that is perplexing.

I actually prefer Coronado Springs--it just feels a little more upscale than the other moderates. Plus it has a great pool area and huge hot tub. However, they only had king rooms left when I tried to book my son's and my upcoming trip in May, so I ended up booking a preferred room at Caribbean Beach. I have not been a big fan of this resort in the past, due to the layout (the Customs House being quite far away from the other main buildings), but I'm going to give them another chance!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay at a moderate. We've tried them all and we love them all. They each have their own appeal.

Coronado Springs is a beautiful resort. It is quite large, but it never seems unnavigable. It has a top-flight restaurant (the Maya Grille), and its Pepper Market is a nice twist on the traditional food courts. The one detractor: there is a convention center there. If there's a convention taking place, you will run into many people "on the clock" to take you out of your Disney-induced stupor.

The Caribbean Beach is one of the larger resorts. It is massive. It, too, is beautiful. However location is more important here. We stayed at Martinique once and were right in the center of things. However, on this past trip, we were in S. Trinidad. We were as far removed from the food court as you could be. Now you could either view our room as being in an isolated paradise (because it was picturesque). Or look at it as if we were from the wrong side of the tracks.

S. Trinidad is on the opposite side of the bridge that leads to the resort's exit. On heavy mornings, we could see buses turn and leave the resort without stopping at our stop because they were already full. Other times, the bus would stop at our stop, but because it was so full, only a few people could board. On our last stay, there was a cast member at our stop every morning monitoring this. If it was taking too long for a Magic Kingdom bus to come, the CM would notify someone and a bus would be re-routed. Despite that, buses were still pretty efficient, especially leaving parks.

Just a few things to keep in mind.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

CBR
    pros -
    really cute buildings and festive colors
    nice food court (loved the caribbean food selection and CM were always nice)
    nice pool for kids
    bus service, for us, was awesome. we rarely waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and sometimes we would run after one. usually were the second building to be dropped off at (aruba)

cons-
    spread out, i know some people like this but for me and my 1 year old, just walking to the food court was a major headache sometimes. the little bridge and island thing was really nice but i really did hate the walk. i would get a preferred room next time.
    mousekeeping, i had an encounter with someone that was SO RUDE, i called the manager. and i am not one to complain about staff members. but i found myself slamming the phone on her. which really stinks, but it happened.
    bus boy that took us to lobby in the early am for DME was very impatient with us (we weren't moving that slow, b/c quite frankly we were in a rush) and blatantly heard me say 1 year old was not strapped in before he took off.
    the main lobby is kind of far from the buildings, especially the food court (on the other side of the resort) but how often do you need to go to the main lobby?? a bus can take you to your bldg
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Did CM's actually tell you that the courtesy carts were only for conventioneers? Because I've hitched a ride on them more than once, either by calling the front desk or flagging them down and it was never a problem. I do think that they will bypass people on the paths unless they are flagged down as some people like to walk the grounds. Of course, it would have been nice for them to stop and offer a ride to the elderly couple you mention--that is perplexing.

Yep...they told us "only for conventioneers". We were able to hitch twice, one even told us that if he saw a "conventioneer" he'd have to let us off...oh...well...uh...ok. Flagging them down was difficult when some drove rather fast. Maybe we just had a bad group of drivers...and YES we tipped the two that picked us up...but we never saw them again.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both resorts and loved them both! However...CSR is my favorite and CBR is my DDs.

I like the way CSR feels like a "deluxe" resort; my DD loves CBR but we were there in the winter during a week when the parks and resorts were on E and I think it would be really different if it were a busy time of year.

I doubt we will ever go back to CBR because we had a "perfect storm" the year we went and I doubt we could do that again. CSR on the other hand I would not having any problem going back to again and again.

PS. I LOVED Pepper Market!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media: