Quantcast How much time does Express Pass Save?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much time does Express Pass Save?

We are staying at Portfino Bay the last 2 days of May this year. We are looking forward to going to the parks and using the Express Pass to save time on the lines. How much time does the Express Pass Line usually save you compared to standing in the regular lines? I don't think that it will be extremely crowded on May 30th & May 31st.....will it?
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Royal Pacific at the end of August last year and absolutely LOVED having the Express Pass--I won't do Universal without it. I can't really say how much time we saved, but we were able to ride, and ride, and ride again, with very little wait. Plus, staying onsite gives you the early morning advantage in the Harry Potter section--definitely take advantage of that! We were able to ride FJ 4 times, used Express Pass to ride the Hippogriff, stopped for a butter beer and were making our way out of the area just as the park officially opened. Going against the current like that is a great feeling!

I feel that this Express Pass is something Universal really does well, and to me it was worth the extra money to stay onsite.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We were there for a couple of days right after Christmas and we walked on pretty much everything. HP had a long line in the AM but was walk-on by evening, E.T. had a long line, and we waited a bit for The Simpsons, but everything else was either a very minimal wait or walk-on. (We didn't do Rip Ride Rockit.) I was amazed.

Post Thanks / Like

We thought it was good value and reason to stay on site.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Express Pass is unbelievable. It's really almost obnoxious the way it is handled. When we were there last year the few days prior to Memorial Day, the park were fairly crowded -- part of the crowds before the weekend were big school groups on the Friday.

In some of the rides, it is dark so you do not see the regular lines (like Mummy) or the lines snake around so you do not see the same groups, but Jurassic Park is open. It was an hour wait in regular line, we walked straight up to the front - they asked how many in the party - we had 12 at the time ... "Group of 12? This way, please" and we walked onto the boat. Then, when we walked off the ride and right into line again and had to see the same people still waiting in line, it sort of made you feel bad (sort of).

When my kids were riding rides 5/6 times in a row (like Mummy), the longest part is walking through the lines. Other than Rip Ride Rock It and FJ that do not take Express Pass, our longest waits were 10-15 minutes for Dudley Do Right Falls and Hulk, then 20 minutes for Shrek. Dudley Do Right seemed to take a while to load, but it was also a long, winding que. Hulk had some break down is why it took a little while. For Shrek, we made it to the line right as they were closing the door on the show. I only remember they were "longer" simply because everything else was almost walk on.

Our first trips to Disney were in September and my kids were used to hitting most rides as walk ons and riding rides over and over. When we went to WDW in May 2010, they were more frustrated with the lines (even with fast passes) because of the wait times and not being able to ride over and over. Yes, they were spoiled. Well, after Universal last year, it will be difficult for me to get my kids to return to Disney because they are thrill junkies and love riding over and over. Personally, I used to be a thrill junkie, but I cannot handle simulator rides and as I've aged, I can't handle big rides any longer -- except for Rip Ride Rock It.

Have a great time!

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

It does save alot of time. We did not purchase it last June (and were off property at Disney) and boy were we sorry. It was early June and I figured crowds would be low. It was busy. Wait times of at least 45 minutes for most attractions. Also, several rides broke down several times. We waited, no kidding, 3 separate times to ride the Hulk on standby and each time it broke down while we waited. We wasted alot of time because of the breakdowns. After this happened on a another ride later that day, my husband complained to guest services that we wasted hours waiting for broken rides. They gave us a sort of "fast pass" for our troubles, good for 3 rides I would not go without an Express Pass or staying on site again. Not worth the aggrevation of wasting the day in line.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

It will save you alot of time. Enjoy having it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: