Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    This is jumping the gun a little, don't you think? All of this is speculation, no one here knows where Starbucks will go or how it will be presented.
    I have no doubt it will be presented nicely and understated, just like the one in California Adventure. I am concerned about location though. I'm all for it going into the parks, but don't want it replacing something iconic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing pictures of the Starbucks at California Adventure, I have absolutely no problem with it going into the Main Street Bakery spot. It'll still be the bakery, but it will have coffee that (many) people actually enjoy. There's no reason to believe the cinnamon rolls and cookie sandwiches will go away just because they added a Starbucks coffee menu.

EDIT: If it turns out that the bakery is completely overrun by Starbucks, then I'll reevaluate my position.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    If the Main Street Bakery gives way to Starbucks, I just may NEVER return to WDW. And I am serious! A beautiful MK icon (as is the Plaza Restaurant) be replaced by a national chain.... Now this is just ridiculous! That's it...I, and my family agrees, am done. I'm glad my kids are older (17 and 20) and we have great memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    This is jumping the gun a little, don't you think? All of this is speculation, no one here knows where Starbucks will go or how it will be presented.

Everybody take a breath, maybe less caffeine...

What BBH said.... These are just rumors... Fact is, even though these places are being looked at, the final decision and ultimate landing place for Starbucks has not been decided..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I started with "If"

I think (hope) Main Street Bakery is too much of a money maker for Disney to be replaced by Starbucks.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Just personal opinion here, but seeing as Disney has brought other "chain items" in without making the location a "chain store", I'm thinking that even if the Main St Bakery had Starbucks there, it wouldn't necessarily become an all-out Starbucks store. I don't think ANYONE would think that would look even remotely decent on Main St. (and I LOVE Starbucks)

I'm guessing that it will be more Starbucks kiosks... which is fine by me, the more I can get my favorite latte, the better!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's any reason to be concerned. It's possible for a location to serve Starbucks coffee without turning into a Starbucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Well folks, it is official.. Starbucks will be replacing The Main Street Bakery... The doors will close in January and transformed into Starbucks... And no, this isn't just adding Starbucks to the Bakery.. This is removing the bakery to make it Starbucks... So, say goodbye to a Main Street favorite...

And people wonder why TDO is bashed??? This is progress??

EDIT: And as I said prior, Fountain View is also closing to become Epcot's Starbucks location... And will close in March 2013...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!

I was excited for Starbucks at WDW, but not at this cost !
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starbucks to replace Main Street Bakery come January 2013

Per Disney parks blog

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year
    posted on November 9th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.
    At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
    Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.
    The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
    More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

And to add my own two cents. A) I don't like Starbucks B) to replace Main Street bakery just annoys me, but I'm sure that's also because I hate Starbucks lol. So that's only my own personal two cents.

What does everyone else think?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have a problem with this at all as long as the atmosphere of the bakery is maintained and stuff other than just Starbucks goods are offered.

Love Starbucks and Dunkin alike.

I'm sure this will be well done just as it was in Cali.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This may surprise some people, but (even though I personally hate Starbucks) this doesn't really bother me.

Disneyland has had 3rd party operated restaurants since they opened.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Starbucks fan, but Main Street USA is not where it belongs...so sad. It would have been ok to add a Starbucks counter to the bakery, but replacing the bakery??? That is just disgusting.
    Is there going to be a big disgusting Starbucks sign out front? How garish is that going to look on Main Street.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    I'm a Starbucks fan, but Main Street USA is not where it belongs...so sad. It would have been ok to add a Starbucks counter to the bakery, but replacing the bakery??? That is just disgusting.
    Is there going to be a big disgusting Starbucks sign out front? How garish is that going to look on Main Street.
    You will not see one of those ugly Starbucks signs hanging on the building... Look at the theme in DCA.. You don't even know it is a Starbucks... I'm sure the theme will be just fine...

I just think it is a bad move replacing the bakery... Sell Starbucks in the bakery but leave the bakery as is... Doesn't seem like that will be happening...

Oh and yea, I hate Starbucks coffee...

EDIT: Can someone confirm how it is in DCA??? Are the products sold there strictly Starbucks?

Post Thanks / Like

This annoys me to no end.

I have just read on another blog (so yeah it may not be true) that only Starbucks pastries will be served in there. Not made on premises.

Have you ever had the Starbucks pastries? They are frozen then defrosted - not fresh at all.

What a bummer.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

At first I was angry over this. However, if it is done in similar style to DCA, I will be happy. DCA has a combination of Starbuck's and Disney treats. I just hope they bring some of the delicious and adorable treats from California. I tell ya, the west coast has WAY better sweet stuff than here!

Post Thanks / Like

I am neither for nor against this. But, with Disney's track record?? If the Penny Arcade wasn't spared, then I don't have much hope for the Main Street Bakery. I am hoping that this will co-exist with the bakery and not terminate it.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

I think some are getting the wrong idea. I understand the irony of a Starbucks on "Main st. USA" but we've known it was coming for a while. From the moment it was announced I knew this was inevitable. It's not like they are going to gut the bakery and install your corner Starbucks. It will certainly keep a main st. USA theme and feel. The Starbucks at DCA is fantastic. It does say Starbucks on the outside but it is not glaring and it is very tasteful. The options all around are much more expansive than your typical Starbucks. I agree with honeebee, Main St Bakery was a disappointment for us this last trip after our trip to Disneyland. We had some great treats there both at Jolly Holiday and DCA Starbucks that were not to be found at Main St. Here's hoping they expand the menu and do a great job. Can't wait to order my skinny French vanilla latte.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honeebee86 View Post
    At first I was angry over this. However, if it is done in similar style to DCA, I will be happy. DCA has a combination of Starbuck's and Disney treats. I just hope they bring some of the delicious and adorable treats from California. I tell ya, the west coast has WAY better sweet stuff than here!
    This is what I was trying to confirm.. Jared also confirmed to me that DCA's Starbucks sells a combination of Disney treats and Starbucks pastries/sandwiches... I can't see why they wouldn't use the same model, but the press release sure doesn't make it sound like the model will be copied...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't drink coffee so the idea of Starbucks does not really matter to me. As others have said there are other 'name brands' located on property so getting a new one is just another step forward or a change in direction which ever your prefer. My biggest dissapointment is that the Main Street Bakery is closing. I think a lot of folks are missing that and only focusing on Starbucks. There will be no more going to the 'Bakery' first thing and getting a really great cinnamon roll. No more fruit or breakfast sandwhiches to choose from. I think this is where the real dissapointment lies. Will Disney put these items in another location? This was always a tradition for me. A great way to start my day in the Magic Kingdom, so yes I am let down that Disney is changing a great standard with maybe something less.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: