Quantcast Help me pick a DDP sit down meal?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me pick a DDP sit down meal?

Okay so I have run myself into a metaphorical wall with my planning, for our 10 day October trip I have so far picked out Ohanna twice (Dinner), Kona, Beach Club breakfast and dinner (both one each), Garden Grill, Boatwrights (Since we are staying at POFQ) and Tony's before the halloween party. We had planned on doing the AK breakfast in Africa because it would get us in the park early and such but I just noticed today that AK opens at 8 that day and so it wouldn't gain us any ground, and I read alot of reviews saying that place is awful...So here is my question, I'm trying to fill a gap, with something good for a sit down thats on the DDP. As it sits we are heading to AK early then MGM that night, but that isn't set in stone because we originally picked that because it would work with the Safari breakfast. Its just two of us, we are grown so charaters aren't huge for us, but we aren't opposed, we are trying to find somewhere for our last TS credit.

Help me Intercot-ers, you're my only hope!
    You can't take the sky from me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa at the AKL is good if you're dining when it's still light out, late lunch-early dinner. It has a fun atmosphere, plus animals to watch (best if you have a window seat). Short bus trip from AK and you could catch the bus to DHS directly after. Also, near DHS, Kouzzina on the Boardwalk is one that I really like.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

if you're doing hollywood studios in the evening, maybe Mama Melroses. I know it gets mixed reviews, but the one time we went we loved it. Or, for more "disney" atmosphere, maybe 50's prime time.

As a side note: we really liked Donalds safari breakfast (and they have lunch now too) if you wanted to stay at AK.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Boma at AKL!!!!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

BOMA at AKL is our favorite breakfast buffet!

But, we usually try to use our TS credits for dinner as it is a better value. There are several places to eat at - BW, YC, BC and since you have parkhopper - don't rule out a dinner at epcot, there are many great choices there.!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice wall to have run into!

Every restaurant has its fans and detractors. I wouldn't let negative reviews of Tusker House keep you away (unless you really don't care to have an early breakfast that day). I do agree with several posters above though: Boma DOES have one of the best breakfast buffets on property and Kouzzina is well worth a visit.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Boma or Sanaa - they are both great and would be easy to get to!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone raves about Boma for breakfast, but I think it's even better for dinner. And I'll add another positive review for Kouzzina -- it's my favorite non-signature restaurant on property.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Alright since reviewing yall's votes we are leaning towards Boma for breakfast but later in the morning so we can get to AK early do a few things before the AMEMH makes it a sardine can and then we are thinking Boma brunch at like 1030am? Thanks so much for the opinions everyone! Now I just gota try to get a slot for a ADR later tonight!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Boma always gets great reviews. We plan on trying that on our next trip as well. Go for it!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: