Quantcast Spraying Rooms with Lysol - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter breaks out after showers at WDW. SomeTHING, we haven't degtermined what, she is evidently allergic to causes her to break out in itchy whelps... we haven't hought of suing because of this though! And we won't.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I bring my clorox "anywhere" spray. great stuff When the kids were little I would use my own bath mat to have them stand or sit on. Thats about it for us. I just spray and go now... My cousin wouldnt let her kids in the room until she did a major cleaning of any room they were staying in. Now they just have an RV. It got to the point that she was cleaning way to much . ...lol
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't worry about it. You can actually make yourself more susceptible by reducing your natural immunities with over-sanitizing.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LynneM View Post
    But there's a big difference between a natural substance like dust, and choosing to bring chemicals to spray in a room that you do not own, with no thought given to others whose vacation may be disrupted.

You're already paying someone to clean the room. If it hasn't been cleaned to your satisfaction, why not just call housekeeping and have them correct the problem?

Good heavens, if I felt the housekeeping at a hotel was so bad that I had to clean the room myself after they were done, I sure wouldn't be staying at that hotel.

B/C someone making $7/hr doesn't care how clean our room really is. Just so that it looks clean enough to pass..

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope I don't get a room where someone has sprayed Lysol in the air conditioning unit.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem if it's in your suitcase. It's no different than hairspray. They also make travel Lysol sprays
    Take them out and put them in a Ziploc. I've had Lysol wipes thrown out by TSA before, even though the package clearly said, "NO BLEACH".
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This is a good question. I am glad I am not the only one who does this - although I usually go with sanitizing wipes
    Jennifer

9/2012 - AoA - happliy heading back
    10/2010 POP - more free dining :)
    9/2009 Pop - DH loves free dining
    9/2008 Pop - free dining
    9/2007 Pop-longest trip 9days free dining
    9/2006 Pop free dining
    12/2005 ASMovies first Holiday trip
    10/2004 POR
    9/2003 FWcabin 1st on property

Post Thanks / Like

I used to get sick with some type of "bug" ear/throat/stomach just about everytime we went to Disney...but I havent the last few trips with the new "family illness prevention measures being."

1. Throwing the bedcover in the corner of the bathroom and leaving it there (as well as note stating we don't it back on the bed).

2. Using hand sanitizers throughout the day at the parks and taking the time wash my hands everytime someone in the party uses the bathroom (whether I have "to go" or not).

3. lathering the remote up in handsanitizer upon checking into the room.

Not sure which one was the big difference maker, but we will continue to do all three since it has worked well for us.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    1. Throwing the bedcover in the corner of the bathroom and leaving it there (as well as note stating we don't it back on the bed).
    If you think about it !!

The bed covers are probably the cleanest part of the room..lol Who do you know that acutally uses the bed covers (bedspread)??? NO ONE !! they are always the first thing thrown in the corner and told NOT TO TOUCH. I dont know anyone who ever used a bed cover ever!!

P.S. I NEVER USE THEM

Post Thanks / Like

I do it too. Everything gets a spray of Lysol when we arrive and after they clean. I watched a Mousekeeper wipe down the back of the toliet and then the counter. Nearly
    so now lysol travels with me!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Lysol makes me think of the hospital morgue I've been in. Can not stand it.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonLefNY View Post
    Lysol makes me think of the hospital morgue I've been in. Can not stand it.
    Very true !! its way to srtong and makes things wet with the mist I dont like it. The clorox anywhere you can wipe off or let it dry right on the item. If I have wipes ( which I do carry) I will wipe the phone, remote, counters,sink area and door knobs. I let the Clorox anywhere do the rest as far as the bathrooms. I do bring an air freshener to make the room smell nice. (or bathroom hey it's a small room, it can't always smell nice...lol.)

Like I said in an earlier post my cousin would strip down the room. Sheets and all. I dont get that crazy. I want to start my vacation as soon as we get there. I do however have pillow cases for all the room pillows weither anyone uses them or not,We use our Disney throw blankets I buy every year (or when they are $5.00 i buy them like crazy) Everyone has their own character.. but sheets thats extreme. Now that the kids are older they know what to look for and know if something in the room isnt right and we just call the front desk...

Post Thanks / Like

I take a pack of clorox wipes to use to clean up after the kids when they eat in the room, and I'll often wipe down the remote/phone with one when we arrive. I also use a small bottle of hand sanitizer in the parks, but nothing overboard. I mainly use the sanitizer before meals or after bathroom breaks.

I also bring a bottle of room spray for the bathroom and a plug in to keep the room smelling good.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I do it too! I also check for bed bugs! Some of us are germaphobes! LOL Nothing wrong with wanting to be safe.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...I bring spray, wipes, and purell hand gel. My wife calls me neurotic. lol
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Fascinating

I wouldn't consider myself a germaphobe, but after 15 years in Law Enforcement, I've learned to practice a few things to prevent illness. What baffles me about this thread, is the fact that people are more upset about those who wipe down surfaces etc., rather than those who spread their infectious bodily fluids with no regard for the room's next inhabitant, and the often substandard housekeeping staff. Bring a flashlight with you sometime and give your room a good once over, you'll be disturbed at what you find.

Anyway, I don't wander around WDW in fear of contracting an infectious disease or germs, But I wash my hands before eating and see nothing wrong with wiping down common surfaces in the room.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    What baffles me about this thread, is the fact that people are more upset about those who wipe down surfaces etc., rather than those who spread their infectious bodily fluids with no regard for the room's next inhabitant, and the often substandard housekeeping staff. Bring a flashlight with you sometime and give your room a good once over, you'll be disturbed at what you find.
    Exactly.
    Off-site August 1986
    All Star Music May/June 1999
    Coronado Springs August 2012
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2017
    Port Orleans Riverside June 2022 (planned)

Post Thanks / Like

We clean the remote, door handles, etc with wipes, and carry hand sanitizer. Because you don't want to know how many people use the bathroom and don't wash their hands.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Absolutely!

I never used to disinfect the hotel rooms - until the time the whole family came down with a norovirus type of sickness while at WDW to celebrate our daughter's 10th birthday. An 8 day trip where we were all in varying states of fever, chills, and throwing up!

Since using Lysol to disinfect the rooms, and antibacterial hand gel at the parks, we've had NO illnesses while on our vacations. It might be just luck, but I'm not taking any chances!!

Joanie - planning trip 7 for December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I so agree with everyone who does a little extra cleaning. I don't go overboard, but I do take wipes and wipe down the phones, remote controls and, when DS slept in a pack-n-play, the rails and sides of that. Someone said this previously, but it's true: people don't want to cancel Disney vacations just because they are sick. Think about how many trip reports you have read where someone starts out "as I woke up departure morning, I realized that I/ds/dd/etc. was coming down with __________." How many times have you then read "so, I immediately called Disney and told them that we wouldn't be coming?" It doesn't happen, because people either don't want to lose the money or don't want to disappoint themselves or their families. (As an aside, I had to cancel a trip three days before departure back in July 2010 when I had to have emergency surgery. Magical Journeys got me a full refund, even without trip insurance! )

I also never use the glasses that they provide in the deluxes, after having seen an expose about housekeepers cleaning those cups with windex or just water from the sink and dirty rags (even in the nicest, five star hotels in big cities, this was happening). Ewww!!!!

I wouldn't change my own sheets, scrub down the entire bathroom again or put lysol in an AC unit, but I figure that my little extra cleaning can't hurt, and it doesn't do anything but make the room cleaner for the next person.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: