Quantcast Party nights and park hours

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Party nights and park hours

I just counted up all the calendar days that the Magic Kingdom will be hosting either Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Sept. and Oct.) or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Nov. and Dec.); the total is more than 40 percent of all days from Sept. 11 to Dec. 21! Wow!

I realize that there are a lot of "extras" that go into the special events and that they're great fun for a lot of people, but I was really surprised at the math. That is a lot of nights that the MK has to close early.

If you're there for a week and not planning to go to a party, it really takes a chunk out of possible MK touring nights. Or maybe it would close early anyway even without the parties. I can't remember what the hours were before they started having the special events. Maybe it's just a matter of your point of view.

What do all of you think?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we are going in October and not attending the party. But lucky for us (I guess it's a good thing) our little kiddos can't stay up late anyways.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I'm torn. I agree that it's a lot of nights. We usually do attend MNSSHP if we go in fall, but even then it's a bit of a pain to avoid the other party nights when we're there for a week. It seems like they have parties 3 times a week.

However, I think the parties have been getting more crowded over the years and I wouldn't want them cramming more people into less parties.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy decision for Disney, They get to charge extra for admission on those nights, now approaching $60 per head, even from guests who have already purchased regular park passes. I expect to see even more party nights in the future; it's more revenue for Disney. I don't particularly like it, but $$$ is the bottom line.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

This won't be the first time I've posted my disdain over the amount of parties. We're going back at Christmas time, and it's a real bummer that 4 nights a week have these events. That means if I want to see fireworks at the MK, I'll have to go on one of three days. And don't you think that those days will be swamped with people thinking the same thing? It's kinda like when Fantasmic! was on two days a week. DHS was swamped those days and near empty the other days. So you make the call to see the fireworks show and face the crowds, or walk onto everything and have a bland end to the evening.

I'm all for reducing the number of events to 3 times a week, but I know that'll never happen. You know what else will never happen? Me shelling out $200+ to take my family to that event.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I agree. We are going the week of Dec 16 and there are 3 party nights. Kind of puts a damper on our time in MK. I also noticed the other parks besides Epcot tend to close pretty early that week. We have gone to MVMCP twice in the past, but at over $400 for my family of 7 this year, we won't be doing it again!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: