Quantcast What brings you back to Disney?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile What brings you back to Disney?

Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to LIVE in Disney World. Everytime I got to Albany International and boarded my plane all of my worries went away. Disney is like a safe haven for me and I constantly am reminded that I still an be a kid.

My favorite part of Disney, are the friendly cast members. Without them Disney would not be the way it is.

Whats your reasoning for coming back to Disney?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the feel of the Parks and the fun you can have as a Family. One big thing for me is how much there is to do in such a small area, you don't have to go very far whether you drive or use other Transportation to get anywhere.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Sights, smells, sounds, and the feeling I am a million miles from my stressfull life. The sights of the WDW signs as we drive onto property, the first sight of the monorail soaring toward Epcot, the first glimpse of the Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition everest. The smell of the Poly's Great Ceremonial House, the smell of POTC as we walk through the old fort, the Land Pavilion, and Mexico's pepper plant aroma. The sound of atmosphere music everywhere you go, bus brakes, and the monorail gliding overhead. I am at 17 days and counting and starting to get a little emotional.....
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Time with just my Mom, noone else goes with us, noone gets to bother us, just us hanging out. Its awesome, we work alternate shifts at home and I dont get to see her as much as I like, so my trips with her mean more to me than anything. I've never gone there and not teared up at some point, its this overwhelming happiness I only get there, its just so special to me...
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

The very feeling the original poster described: being able to feel that sense of wonder, adventure and overwhelming emotion I felt when I first experienced DisneyWorld as a 12-year-old.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Being care free. When at Disney it is a true vacation, you don't have to drive anywhere or think about anything. There is good food at every turn and so much to do. We love being busy and aren't the type of people who can sit at a beach all day. Disney always wins out when it comes to family vacations because of the limitless amount of things to do.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

We like the World Class Customer Service. The parks are so clean. The restaurants are very good. When we start a vacation there, I forget about work right away. It doesn't take long to get into the vacation mood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerinvestigator View Post
    Sights, smells, sounds, and the feeling I am a million miles from my stressfull life. The sights of the WDW signs as we drive onto property, the first sight of the monorail soaring toward Epcot, the first glimpse of the Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition everest. The smell of the Poly's Great Ceremonial House, the smell of POTC as we walk through the old fort, the Land Pavilion, and Mexico's pepper plant aroma. The sound of atmosphere music everywhere you go, bus brakes, and the monorail gliding overhead. I am at 17 days and counting and starting to get a little emotional.....
    Exactly this!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Family time.
    No vacation will ever compare and we are all now adults.
    It's also a feeling of security as opposed to vacationing in Mexico or overseas.
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Memories...I have had many memorable trips over there over the years, many with people I love who are now passed away...WDW brings back many wonderful memories and continues to be place where new ones are still made.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's cliche, I know, but its really the MAGIC!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

It's just a step above.

But mainly its the attention to detail. We've been going for over ten years, and I still find new things, new details that I never saw before. Even when it doesn't change, there are still new experiences to go along with the old favorites.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Being care free. When at Disney it is a true vacation, you don't have to drive anywhere or think about anything. There is good food at every turn and so much to do. We love being busy and aren't the type of people who can sit at a beach all day. Disney always wins out when it comes to family vacations because of the limitless amount of things to do.
    This is it exactly! Also, we just have not a care in the "world" and no responsibilities other than making it to the ADR on time.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Southwest Airlines.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

apart from the fact that I feel the same way and age everytime I enter the parks despite it being decades since my first visit...

I'd say it has to be the complete sense of escape I feel the minute I get off the plane. Once I start walking down the familiar terminal, and out to the rental car lane, and then to road 417 I am "away" from normal life. I especially enjoy the drive from the airport to the resorts/parks because it adds to the feeling of "going away" for a while. I feel like nothing can touch me, and I am most happy the most relaxed when I am at WDW. Everything from the food at Epcot, chatting with strangers at the poolside bar, hearing other people scream with you on rides, and the feeling that you aren't in Florida but some other land depending on where you are in the parks are things only WDW can offer me. I hope one day when I can afford it, or retired, I can give back to the parks a little of what they gave me. I at least always try to pass on some "magic" to others at the parks, like giving away my arcade tokens, helping take pictures or give directions, ect.

Nothing like being away for a while, and for that all too brief moment, nothing else matters.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Escape. Escape from the real world and into a world of magic.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

My DW refers to it as "being inside the Disney bubble." When we are on vacation there, we are immersed into Disney's storytelling. Very, very few outside intrusions. It is the perfect place to reconnect with your family.

Another reason is the varied entertainment. We can spend 10 days there and not feel as though we're repeating the same experiences over and over again. If you've been to other destinations, after two or three days, you begin to feel as though you've seen EVERYTHING that place has to offer. That never happens in WDW.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    It's just a step above.

But mainly its the attention to detail. We've been going for over ten years, and I still find new things, new details that I never saw before. Even when it doesn't change, there are still new experiences to go along with the old favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    My DW refers to it as "being inside the Disney bubble." When we are on vacation there, we are immersed into Disney's storytelling. Very, very few outside intrusions. It is the perfect place to reconnect with your family.

Another reason is the varied entertainment. We can spend 10 days there and not feel as though we're repeating the same experiences over and over again. If you've been to other destinations, after two or three days, you begin to feel as though you've seen EVERYTHING that place has to offer. That never happens in WDW.
    I couldn't have said it any better! And when my family is immersed in the magic of WDW, we just seem to reconnect as a family! Life is Good!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

It brings back memories of my childhood and all the great memories I had with my family. I used to watch all the Disney movies with my family (still do ) as a small kid and then when I was brought to Disney World I was completey imersed in the magic of those stories I loved. Its very magical and mad me feel as if the worries I have now just kinda melt away. Plus its just lots of fun. :mickey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    Southwest Airlines.
    Where's the "Like" button???
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: