Quantcast What is it you don't like about HS & AK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

DHS - The lack of good CS

AK - It is always hot and humid

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    DHS - The lack of good CS
    What's wrong with the "ABC"
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Aimal Kingdom could use a couple more table service restaurants.

I'm not a fan of the layout of Hollywood Studios - I always seemed to get turned around and don't know which way I should be heading.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ak- I ask what is to like. Ok, ok. The nemo show is great, as is bug's life. But, not enough places to eat, not enough shows/attractions. Plus, i feel like i'm just always meandering around. To me, lacks a sense of flow.

DHS, this is one that its not that I don't like. I just like MK or Epcot better. DHS would rank higher if it took me longer than a day to enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    ...always seem hot and humid...never a breeze
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    AK - It is always hot and humid
    If my memory serves me correct (usually does when it involes Disney).... AK is on average 13ș hotter then the rest of the parks. Just a little tidbit for you all.

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is definitely my favorite and always has been, but I love AK almost as much. To me the theming is just perfect and the landscaping is gorgeous. I love just walking around and feeling a little lost there. I do wish there were more dining options, and I do wish there were a few more attractions, but overall I love going there.

I've never really liked HS...it always seems hot and crowded and so confusing, and I don't personally like the whole theme behind it. I prefer the more exotic landscape of AK, the high culture of Epcot, and of course the magic of the MK. HS is just like, meh. We usually skip it. I do love the Aerosmith Ride, and the Beauty and the Beast show is cool, but other than that, its just not our fave at all.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I like DHS and AK a lot. It's just that MK is better and Epcot way better.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom: Walking through the carnival games section makes me feel like I'm at Six Flags. That's not a good thing.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaterializedHaunt View Post
    If my memory serves me correct (usually does when it involes Disney).... AK is on average 13ș hotter then the rest of the parks. Just a little tidbit for you all.
    I keep hearing this, how is that physically possible? Ive been there many times and never noticed it. Strange...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaterializedHaunt View Post
    See? That's what makes Disney so great....the attention to detail! They didn't just do a great job with the theming, they actually changed the weather!

OK, so I think that Animal Kingdom needs one or two more rides. It was opened incomplete, and it shows.

DHS....someone else pointed out that it is singularly themed. Well, it WAS a working production studio when it opened, so I get that. But the layout is odd. Things seem tucked in back alleys, and out of the way places. Epcot and MK don't feel like that at all. And I think it's also because AK and DHS aren't "open", where you have that central wienie that you can see to get your bearings from anywhere in the park. You might be able to see the Tree of Life from anywhere in AK, maybe, but it sure doesn't stand out from all angles like Cinderella Castle or Spaceship Earth.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I too voted for MK because it is what I always felt was WDW. I love it and i go to it every day of my trip. But I love the other parks too.
    EPCOT is my second favorite .
    Then AK. My vacation is during August so it is just too hot to spend a lot of time there but I like it a lot. Safari, LION KING show, Nemo Show, EE, and the theming is great.

As for DHS, after ToT and TSM I am pretty much done. I like the muppet show and great movie ride but for the most part I find this park boring. It is a one day ( or until fast pass for TSM time ) and out park for me.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Aimal Kingdom could use a couple more table service restaurants.

I'm not a fan of the layout of Hollywood Studios - I always seemed to get turned around and don't know which way I should be heading.
    I always get lost in DHS too. It makes me feel a bit better that one of our experts has this problem, too.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: