Quantcast Any attractions or rides open

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any attractions or rides open

We are going to IoA for one day and that night going to Halloween Horror Nights. Are there any rides or attractions open besides the HHN stuff during party night?
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, every time we have gone most if not all the other park attractions were open.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Great. We are going on a Wednesday night and have the express pass so hopefully we can stuff a lot of things in. And.. just in case we are too chicken (my sister and myself) for some things we have other options
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

The express pass will allow you to do it all! It's nice that they have the other attractions open, too. Have a great time!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely remember these rides open during HHN:

Hollywood Rip Ride and Rockit: Sometimes closes a little early during the event. Seems to be random.

Men In Black

Simpsons

The Mummy

*I can't seem to remember if Twister, Shrek and Disaster! were open last year. I don't believe they were. Despicable Me was under construction last year, but Jimmy Neutron was NOT open in past years. Terminator is always closed.

There are never any significant wait times, except for Rip Ride and Rockit. If you go earlier, the line seems to be better (at least this was true for opening weekend and also the first Thursday of the event last year).

The HHN event map will list the rides that will be open during your week when you get to the park.

You will have no problem with the ride lines. The Express Pass will ensure you get to do everything in one night. Keep in mind that the Express Pass only works for CERTAIN Bill and Ted Shows (usually the first one or the second one of the evening - see the map for your particular dates).

Enjoy - it's a GREAT event!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know if they let people in early like they do at WDW for christmas and halloween party?
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

No, they do not allow early access unless you area already going to be in the park that day. You can then wait in a holding area. They always open the first two houses to people in that holding area first. Sometimes they open the gates early, too. However, you will not be able to enter Universal Studios, say at 4pm, and hang around the park until the "start". They actually close the park, setup things up for awhile and then re-open.

Did you purchase a Stay and Scream ticket?
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

No, staying at POP just going to IoA in daytime and HHN that night only.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

I know for sure that you can get a HHN ticket at a reduced cost if you have a Universal Studio ticket for the same day. It is called a Stay and Scream ticket. I am not sure if you qualify for this ticket if you have an IoA park ticket for the day, but I really think it would be worth a phone call to HHN customer service. Some years they have allowed this (definitely in 2005 and I believe 2006 as well).

Not only are the Stay and Scream tickets cheaper, but they also allow you to stay in the park and wait have early access.

In fact, it could be worth getting a 1 day, 2 park pass because the savings on the Stay and Scream ticket could off-set the cost. PLUS, there would be the big value of already being in the park and therefore getting early access to at least 2 of the houses.

For example:

A general admission ticket to HHN is $88.99 per person.

Stay and Scream is as follows:
    Sunday - Thursday: $36.99
    Friday = $51.99
    Saturday = $66.99

1 Day, Single Park Ticket Purchased Online: $88

1 Day, 2-Park Ticket Purchased Online = $122

So, depending on the day of the week you plan to go to HHN, you may actually SAVE money (or pretty much break even) by purchasing a 2 park, 1 day ticket PLUS the Stay and Scream, as opposed to purchasing the 1 day, 1 park ticket plus the full priced admission to HHN.

Sorry if you already know about this, but I figured I'd share since Universal doesn't always make all of these options abundantly clear - especially for specially ticketed events...

Post Thanks / Like

I am not exactly sure if I got it right but this is what I have bought. Perhaps you can decipher what I have. We have never been to HHN. I have been to both IoA and US.

1 day Base Ticket - 88.00
    1 stay and scream non-Peak HHN- 36.99
    1 Express Plus Pass- 39.99

So, do I have early entry or not. If not, can we change at gate if we want to get in early?
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm.. that is a very good question. You definitely bought the best tickets for that night.

Now it's just a matter of whether or not you can GET INTO Universal Studios at park closing to go to the holding area within the park. Since you have an Express Pass, this may not be as important.

I would do one of 2 things:

1) Call Universal and ask about entering US at closing since you have an IoA ticket.

2) Go to the US gates at 4:55pm and ask if you'll be able to enter to go to the holding area. This is more of a crapshoot, but since you have Express Passes, getting in early isn't as big of a deal. They may just let you in since all the rides will be closed at that time anyway.

I've never been in your situation (either had a 2 day ticket or no ticket at all).

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't let you in at US closing time to go RIGHT to the holding area in NY.

Post Thanks / Like

Pally, I assume your one day base ticket isn't the two parks, one day option right???

Your best bet is to call Universal guest services and ask... Last year I bought the stay and scream option too, for the day I planned on being at Universal, not IOA...

Looking at the website, you may be okay... The HHN website says your stay and scream ticket does not have to be used the same day as your park ticket, which seems to be a deviation from previous years...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Pally, I assume your one day base ticket isn't the two parks, one day option right???

Your best bet is to call Universal guest services and ask... Last year I bought the stay and scream option too, for the day I planned on being at Universal, not IOA...

Looking at the website, you may be okay... The HHN website says your stay and scream ticket does not have to be used the same day as your park ticket, which seems to be a deviation from previous years...
    Yes, our ticket is one day. We didn't get the 1 day both parks becaue we are doing HHN that same day and my sister has not been to Florida before. Where we will see both parks with HHN it is hard to justify paying for 1 day two parks. We probably would not be able to do everything anyway. By the way, The Express Pass for HHN goes up quite significantly Thurs -Sat. That's another reason why we picked a Wednesday. We will also be attending some Icot activities, breakfast etc.

It would be nice though to get in just a little early though.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the website is quite vague. This year, it just says "park" ticket. It doesn't specify.

I'd call, but I would imagine you could get in early.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mfarquar... Call and ask... You actually have a good case to make since the site is very vague... Let us know what happens if you call.. I am very interested... Yes I am on a customer service kick lately.. Looking for all the poor customer service we receive everywhere...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: