Quantcast Bringing Food In

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bringing Food In

Do they allow this? We just want to bring in heavy snacks.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we always pack snack & water to take to the parks, I have friends who pack pb&j's. I do think there is a rule about coolers and rolling coolers might look under the info tab.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Husband brings snack bars in all the time.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

We take water and buy sodas with meals. We also take gummies, goldfish, and the like for the kids. Never once been questioned about it.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife & I bought backpacks ( the ones that are used for hiking ) they are nice an insulated . We bring snacks & sandwichs & freeze waters ( funny tip though the backpacks are so good that we had are waters stay frozen even in 90+ degree heat). So then we just by soda in the parks ( are last trip we spent $30 on are park food budget an that was soda . Even then we just buy one refillable mug an just share it... Im pretty sure at the water parks you can bring coolers cause I seen a ton of those last trip. 88 days till dinner at Be Our Guest for MVMCP......

Post Thanks / Like

As long as there is no glass or alcohol you can carry in snacks. They aren't supposed to allow rolling coolers but unfortunately I've seen those too.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAYROLL PRINCESS View Post
    They aren't supposed to allow rolling coolers but unfortunately I've seen those too.
    Rolling coolers, really? I can't imagine lugging one of those around the parks. Too cumbersome!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not like a movie theatre where you truly have to smuggle in a candy bar or something. Just throw it in your backpack and you'll be fine.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Camel backs packed with ice and frozen bottles of water work great too.
    Mmmmmmmmm Egg roll cart!

Post Thanks / Like

No glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers, no bulk foods packaged so that it looks like you're going to try to sell it. Otherwise, there are no rules. Take in whole meals if you want to, you're not breaking any rules.

There are two exceptions to the "no glass" rule: baby food jars and perfume bottles.

There are additional prohibited items for Animal Kingdom: no balloons and no straws. The no straws thing seems easy until you're flagged at bag check for those juice boxes you're taking in ... juice boxes have straws attached and they're a no-no at AK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    No glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers, no bulk foods packaged so that it looks like you're going to try to sell it. Otherwise, there are no rules. Take in whole meals if you want to, you're not breaking any rules.

There are two exceptions to the "no glass" rule: baby food jars and perfume bottles.

There are additional prohibited items for Animal Kingdom: no balloons and no straws. The no straws thing seems easy until you're flagged at bag check for those juice boxes you're taking in ... juice boxes have straws attached and they're a no-no at AK.
    I didn't even think of that. We've been quite a lot with our juice boxes for our boys and they've never said a thing or taken them away.

I love that WDW allows you to bring food. It saves us money and allows us to spend it on merchandise instead!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually bring a couple of bags of Goldfish and other small snacks with us on the plane. I then divide them into 1-cup plastic containers for the parks. We also bring thermos bottles of water.

The only time anyone said anything to me about it was when the security guard asked where I was from, and then asked if I had a cheesesteak in my bag
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: