Quantcast Any rides you physically have trouble with?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any rides you physically have trouble with?

In another thread we're talking about vertigo/motion sickness - other than ones that directly spin, are there others that bother you? What about other problems? I like Dinosaur, but find it way to rough - I really feel like I spend the whole ride bracing myself so as not to be thrown all around. And I find Space Mountain pretty jerky as well - makes me worry I'll put my back out or something!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You named the 2 rides that I can no longer handle and flat refuse to ride anymore. Space Mountain and Dinosaur are down right painful for me. Other than those 2, I haven't had any other problems yet.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Space Mtn and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster both give me headaches these days. I love them both, but I have to be very careful when deciding whether to ride or not. If I even feel slightly like I might get a headache that day (I am prone to migraine), I have to avoid them.

At Disneyland, I simply won't ride Matterhorn anymore. It's just WAY too painful of an experience overall.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Mission Space at EPCOT has always given me the wobbly knees reaction, even the "lighter" version! Rockin' Rollercoaster, not my favorite either because I loose my stomach at the start and it doesn't catch up with me 'til the end!
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

I never have problems on thrill rides, but the regular version of Mission Space really screwed me up for an entire evening. The tamer version they have since added, not quite as bad. Other than that, I don't remember having any issues with WDW rides/attractions.

If you venture over to Universal IOA, be careful on some of the coasters, make sure you leave plenty of time after eating. Specifically the Hulk coaster.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Tower of Terror. Last time I had trouble with my back, the one thing doctor said to avoid was jumping jacks or any similar activity. The sudden stops, starts of TOT would probably ruin my trip.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Two:

1- Mission Space Orange - made me so motion sick it ruined my day at Epcot. It wasn't the "get sick to your stomach" motion sick. It was the extreme fatigue kind. One I've never experienced before. The nurse at their first aid station explained it to me. Ugh. Since then, we've only done the green version so I don't get green --

2 - Primevil Whirl -- or more affectionately know as the Primevil Hurl. That one made me and I will never go on it again!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't ride the Indy Speedway the smell is just way to much and I get an awful headache.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I can ride Mission Space orange, but i have to focus only on the video screen, just like the instructions say. If I look away at my family to see their reactions even for a few seconds, the motion sickness creeps in. The worst ride for me is the Teacups. After about 30 seconds of that spinning I am done for several hours (just have to lay down somehwere). So now, I just avoid it altogether. For some reason, I am fine on Primeval Whirl, it's one of my family's favorites cause my wife screams all they way through it, which delights my boys (and me). But she is a brave mom and does it for her kids even though it scares her.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the spinning rides, I can't do simulator rides....road Star Tours once and was not well the rest of the day.

I even have to close my eyes in parts of Soarin, because the movie makes me feel funny.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble on Primeval Whirl (as we'd been discussing on the other thread), the teacups, and Star Tours. Oddly enough, I have no trouble on Mission:Space orange. But last time I did Star Tours, after the refurb, I felt very ill for an hour or so.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I had a tough time on Space Mountain the last time I rode , thought that has been a few years. I'm not sure if it was the ride or the fact I was extremely hot. First time I have ever felt seriously wobbly after a ride. Maybe I'll give it another try sometime if I'm there when it's cooler.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Goofy's Barnstormer, for sure. I guess it's ok, but the last time we were there the CMs let me and my son ride it 3 straight times because of low lines. After the third, they offered a fourth and I flatly refused. That headache form neck pain didn't go away all day.

Space Mt is a little that way, too. The one at DL is much smoother.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love RNRC I sometimes end up with a headache when I get off due to my head being banged around between the headrest.

Space Mountain is really jerkey, sometimes I find my back hurts with the sudden jerks.

And I also agree about Dinosaur, I end up bracing myself for most of the ride.

The one ride I flat out refuse to ride again isn't at Disney. It's the Hulk coaster at Universal. My head hurt so much when I got off that I almost went to first aid. I was sure there was something wrong with me, until I saw several other guests grasping their heads and moaning about the pain. I felt as though the pressure was crushing my skull. After that ride I was done for! Couldn't bring myself to ride anything else that day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard Time on Ride

The only ride that really bothered me was Rock n Roller Coaster. For me, it was too fast and I felt like I was going to lose my head to one of the neon signs.
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I have troubles on Soarin'. The motion on it makes me a little queasy and I feel unsteady when I get off of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mission Space... I rode it during a soft opening a long time ago and ended up back at my hotel room with a terrible case of motion sickness.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I used to get nauseated after Star Tours, but I didn't this time, so I wonder if it has to do with the change? I also felt uneasy after Mission: Space in 2003, and since they've offered the green version, I stick with that now.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Dinosaur, but seldom ride it anymore because it gets my back hurting. Normally I love that type of ride, but that one is just too jerky for me.

Another one is Soarin', but in fairness to the ride, heights always make me very dizzy. About half of it makes me dizzy and I have to close my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the Tower of Terror. I've ridden it twice and literally threw up shortly after I got off.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: