Quantcast Your argument for buying your dvc home resort? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

WE bought in straight thru Disney and were refered by someone so the points wre pretty cheap. SSr was what they were pushing at the time. We've stayed there 2 times but this last stay at BLT was our favorite by far but the points to stay there are much higher.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

BLT owner here - I read the DVC posts here on Intercot before I bought and I took the advice of 'buy where you want to stay'. The CR was the the first place where I ever stayed at WDW (way, WAY back in '76), so it has a special place in my heart, although my favorite is probably a toss up between it and the POLY (the send place where I ever stayed at WDW).

I knew that I wanted to stay at BLT most of the time, as I love having access to the monorail and the quick walk to the MK. I also wanted to get the room that I wanted at the time when I wanted it and was fine with booking 11 months out to get that.

Right now we will go to WDW every other year, staying in a Dedicated 2BR villa when it's just my family (Me, DH, DS5, DS1, Mom & Dad). Every other trip ( basically every fourth year) we'll be having a family reunion trip where I'll need two 2BR villas (adding SIL - DH's Sis, plus my Sis, BIL, Neph8 and Niece6). For example, next year is a family reunion trip with 11 of us going, so I need two Dedicated 2BR villas during Jersey Week 2013. I need the assurance of an 11-month booking window so I can get those rooms and buying where I want to stay gives me that assurance.

I went to one of those DVC presentations in Long Island back in 2009, right when BLT opened and I bought it direct from DVC from that presentation. I'm glad to say that I'm happy that I did. While I had to postpone my 2010 WDW vacation until 2011 due to a pregnancy complication, I used my points to send my SIL to Vero Beach in a 1BR for a week instead.

That being said, when I stayed there a year ago, the furnishings (with the exception of the kitchen and bathrooms) were starting to get noticeably worn, surprisingly so for only being open two years. That was a disappointment and I wonder if DVC will ante up (wishful thinking) to fix their error, or will we have to pay for an earlier than expected refurb. That's my only disapointment. Although still a little peeved about WDW limiting monorail hours, but that's not DVC's fault.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

BLT - It was largely an emotional decision. My parents took us to WDW over and over when I was little. We always did the cheap trip (Motel 6, cooler of food in the trunk of the car, etc.). We'd glide through the Contemporary on the Monorail, and I'd press my face against the glass and think, "Someday, when I'm a grown up, I'm going to stay here."

BLT opened for purchase just before we were finally able to buy DVC, so the choice was clear.

We also love the fact that we can walk to MK and be so close to our most favorite restaurant in the World (CG).
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country

Post Thanks / Like

we had always stayed at por or pofq and loved it. then my brother in law invited us to stay at boardwalk as they own at ssr but got a 2br villa there. we took them up on it and have never stayed anywhere but bwv and bcv since then.

i finally got tired of scrambling for a f&w reservation so we bought in on resale at bwv last year. looking to also grab bcv this next year so we can own at both resorts. my wife and i enjoy going to bwv every oct for our anniversary and then we do a family trip to bcv and stormalong bay in early december. we also try and do another trip when kids schedules allow but it's always to one of those resorts.

there is nothing better for our family than the boardwalk area. we do parks in the AM, pool in the afternoon, chips/salsa and beers on our patio in our villa around 5, then head thru the international gates to epcot to eat dinner wherever our hearts desire.

33 days and counting...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: