Quantcast A few days in WDW is better than no day's in WDW Chapter 3: HS and Sugar Ray

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few days in WDW is better than no day's in WDW Chapter 3: HS and Sugar Ray

October 2nd

When we returned from the MK last night we had a voicemail to call the front desk to set up delivery of our new keys. Since we had a complimentary night they tacked it onto our reservation but we needed new keys. I call the front desk at 12:30 am to set up a time. The CM tells me she can’t help me until tomorrow morning. I explained to her what the vm said. I also said the keys have the 3 night on them already and did I need new ones. She looked into and said no. When I woke up today the vm light was on. It was the front desk telling us to come down to get new keys !?!?!? I figured I would go down to see what in the world was going on and to see why I was having access to the 14th floor (see chapter 2).
    The CM looked and very strangely about the 14th floor access when I told her about it. She asked me if I wanted to forget that we had this conversation and I keep the access. I told her that wasn’t the point I was just curious to see if it was mistake or was it another special upgrade I got. She looked into my key and it did say I had access. She called the 14th floor to see if I was on the list, they said no. Then they looked into the key situation and they said I did not need new keys. You would think how high tech Disney is they would keep notes they have with guests in their reservations for references. I get on the elevator and my access to the 14th floor was taken away. That’s what I get for being a good girl.

I hope the monorail to get a nice cup of Kona coffee at the Poly. Once I get there my DH calls me to tell me a CM knocked on the door and woke him up to give us new keys!! OMG. I told him after I get my coffee I will head back and we can decide what we want to do. I look at the shops and hop the monorail to the CR.

We choose to go to HS for a bit. We wait for the bus for about 15 min. We get to HS and slowly walk to Star Tours, which has a 10 min. Then I let my DH shop in Tantoone Traders. I am not such a big star wars fan. We really have no plans so we continue to walk around and stop at Muppets 3-D. Then I want to see One Man’s Dream. DH wants to ride TOT or RRC. We meet up at the GMR afterwards. I am sorry that is the worst waiting area I feel. I feel like we are cows getting herded watching the same movie previews over and over and over again. I agree with many previous posts that the GMR needs help. It’s okay if they don’t update the scenes but Mary Poppins does not move up and down any more, no bubbles in the foot light parade scene, half of the munchkins mouths were not moving and it was just awful acting on the cm who was playing the gangster with his even worse Jersey accent. We grab some lunch at Pizza planet and decide to head to room to rest up.

DH goes and takes a nap I make some phone calls and take a shower. I was getting bored so I decided to head to Epcot without DH. Once I get on the Epcot monorail the skies open but stops by time I get to Epcot. DH calls me and tells me he is on his way to meet me. I slowly walk to WS to start the other side of the F&W we did not do. It starts lightly raining. I stop at Belgium to get a Godiva liquor iced coffee and then look to find a seat somewhere since the rain was getting harder. I found a table under an under hang in Morocco. Called my DH to tell him where I was. He bought poncho’s YA! He finally meets up with me and we decide to go and grab our seat for Sugar Ray. I was a fan in the 90’s so I wanted to check them out. We got there too late and we were not under a roof. By time though Sugar Ray came on the sun came out. They sounded very good and I felt like I was 18 again.

It’s time for dinner so we head to the Italian wine bar. I have been craving their buffalo mozzarella and parm reg. cheese. AHHHHHHH they changed their menu as much as I was upset we decided to eat there anyways. I got some dish with a different kind of mozzarella, Italian meat and marinated eggplant, which was simply amazing, made me forget about my cheese. Afterwards we did some shopping. When it started to rain again. We take coverage in Mexico. I tell my DH I have to run out and buy my mom wine glasses as a gift. He stays indoors while I deal with the rain. Epcot was very empty due to the rain. Once done DH and I meet up to leave. It’s around 8:30 so we decide to ride Spaceship Earth. We head out afterwards.

We stop at the Poly for a drink, since the monorails will be running another 2 hrs. Last time I was here in June they ran out of pineapples for their Lupa Lupa drinks. The bar area was packed but we finally got two seats and order our Lupa Lupa…..guess what they are out of pineapples!!!! I pouted and explained to the CM that this happen in June. She continues to tell me that if you want that drink you have to come early b/c 9pm they are usually sold out, but she will go in back to see. She came back with a box of pineapples and DH and I had a Lupa Lupa and from the sight so did 2-3 other people at the bar. We did hear another bartender tell the CM that was waiting on us 86 on the pineapples. I guess they are only allowed to use a certain amount of pineapples per day.

Once we are done we head to the monorail. The shops are still open at CR so I buy our DD her last few gifts. Then we head back to our room. Our beds were turndown with chocolates on the pillow, very fancy. I go out to the balcony to take a few pictures and head to bed looking at the castle.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really?? A limit on how many pineapples are used in a day??!! That sounds really strange.

Nice day despite the rain!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I also didn't know about the pineapple limit. I've run into that before but it wasn't explained why.

I wanted to see Sugar Ray! I saw Night Ranger last week, but Sugar Ray is more my speed.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

A pineapple limit ??? Here's a crazy idea for the folks at the Tambu lounge....place a larger order for pineapples! If there is a demand, supply it!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR