Quantcast Philadelphia flower show

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Philadelphia flower show

March 1-7 country theme this year is England

Any one interested in going ? The best time to go is when it opens in the morning. The last 2 years I have taken the train into philly and gotten to the convention center at least one hour before the show and purchased my ticket that morning. It is VERY crowded.

It is also attached to the Reading Terminal Market so you can eat there.

They are having a British tea party twice a day - it is an extra $28

My best days to go are Mon. Tues or weds. I don't think I would want to go on a weekend day- the crowds are sooo bad.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in a lunchtime meet, although I usually can't get off work during Flower Show Week to actually see the show in the daytime. (I usually work at least one day as an ambassador at the Flower Show.)

General Flower Show tip for those who may be considering going to the Show: I agree with Katzateer that the best days to go are Monday to Wednesday. The morning is a great time to go, but another good time to go for people who live closer is after 5:00. A lot of the tour groups leave around 4. If you have to go on a weekend, the evening is a good time to go. (I've had the show mostly to myself at those times.)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    I'd be interested in a lunchtime meet, although I usually can't get off work during Flower Show Week to actually see the show in the daytime. (I usually work at least one day as an ambassador at the Flower Show.)

General Flower Show tip for those who may be considering going to the Show: I agree with Katzateer that the best days to go are Monday to Wednesday. The morning is a great time to go, but another good time to go for people who live closer is after 5:00. A lot of the tour groups leave around 4. If you have to go on a weekend, the evening is a good time to go. (I've had the show mostly to myself at those times.)
    If one of the days works for lunch, let me know. Guess you wouldn't have time for one of the tea parties?

I like to go early since I can catch a train early and then get back to 30 th street before it gets dark. The 5pm train gets me home by 6.

What do you do as an ambassador?

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

The first hour when the show opens I walk through all the flower displays and get pictures. Then I can go back through after lunch to get a more detailed look and visit the shops. It gets so crowded you can hardly move by 11am.

Wish they could spread the exhibit out more and move the vendors to the hallways or another ballroom area.

The first year I went that was France I LOVED. Last year Hawaii was ok but it didn't blow me away like the first experience. Hoping England will be beautiful. And should smell amazing with roses and other blooms!

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be able to do a tea party, so if you go to one, I would love to read a trip report!

We haven't gotten the schedule for Ambassador duty yet but I usually prefer to work on Monday. Since we get a lot of people who aren't used to taking the trains, we serve as information staff. It's actually a lot of fun :-)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We always go the last sunday as early as we can get up, We take the train in from NJ. Yes it's crowded, but we try to time it during one of the mini shows so the crowds are somewhat occupied. We can look around the displays, get awesome pictures and move on before the crowds are disbursed. It worked well when there were hula presentations going on during the Hawaii displays, we would scoot around the displays, then when the mini show was over we would move away.

The last day is good if you like to shop. Did you know many places do end-of-show discounts? I buy roses and usually they are sold by the dozen or two dozen, and I have gotten 4 dozen of roses for $10 in the past! It really varies.

After the show we go to the Melting Pot (across from the Marriott) for an early dinner. If you bring your Flower show ticket, *sometimes* they do a discount or something free.

Have fun!
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: