Quantcast 10th Anniversary Surprise?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10th Anniversary Surprise?

We are going for our 10th anniversary shortly and I want to plan something very special for my hubby. We have had a tough 10 years, and I want to surprise him with an awesome experience.

Here's the problem. We are going on a plan that includes tours, meals, cirque, a fireworks cruises, richard petty driving experience etc! It's hard to surprise someone with something special when we are doing so much. Normally if someone asked me 'what special things would you suggest?' I'd tell them to do a fireworks cruise or eat at V&A.

It does not have to be huge, it just has to be special. It does not have to cost money, it just needs to be magical. (if it does cost money that is fine, I have been saving up for this for awhile.)

For our 5th anniversary, we had dinner at The Coral Reef and I arranged for a diver in the water to hold a sign 'Happy 5th Anniversary" He still talks about it!!! It totally shocked him!!

I'm looking into some of the room celebrations from the Disney Florist, I am just looking for something else that will knock his socks off.

I should mention, my hubby and I take turns doing this stuff to each other. We call it 'shmooping' the other. (to shmoop: do something unique and special, a surprise, that is romantic, touching and personal for the other person in a grandiose fashion that will make the other person stop, put their hands to their mouth and giggle.)

He has really 'shmooped' me a lot and it is hard for me to surprise him because he is kinda nosy and I have a hard time keeping secrets.

Every time he travels for business, he gets me a small stuffed animal with that location's name on it...so I have a Rhode Island seagull, a FL Manatee, a Maine lobster, a Washington state killer whale, a panda from China, etc. He regularly does special things for me that are totally outy of the blue.

Our Vacation is in Oct, and I already have tried to get dinner at the V&A Chef Table, but we are on the waiting list. That was going to be my big surprise, but I doubt it will happen...I did snag the Queen Victoria's Room on our actual anniversary date. (Oct 12.)

Hubby does not drink, is a HUGE phillies baseball fan, BIG kid at heart, loves chip and dale as his favorite characters with Donald as a close second...(third?) We are eating at Garden Grill one night so we can see Chip and Dale.

I have heard of companies that do personalized hunts or surprises but have not found the site that offers it. Please help me shmoop my hubby!
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a photo shoot for the two of you? They do them in various places - we've seen this at Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Is the fireworks cruise with a group or individual? At both EPCOT or MK? a private cruse with food would be nice. How about HDR at Camp Wilderness, followed by an hour (book two sessions) ride through the campground. Or the carriage ride through riverside and french Quarter.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Renew your vows at the Wedding Pavilion.

Officially or unofficially. Or, take him there, drop to one knee, and ask him if he would marry you again, then do a little ceremony right there. Maybe you can buy anniversary rings for the two of you or something.

You can visit the Wedding Pavilion any time there is not a wedding going on.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Is the fireworks cruise with a group or individual? At both EPCOT or MK? a private cruse with food would be nice. How about HDR at Camp Wilderness, followed by an hour (book two sessions) ride through the campground. Or the carriage ride through riverside and french Quarter.
    We are doing the fireworks cruise in Epcot already, it is shared which is fine. It comes with food...whatever I plan does not need to revolve around food unless it is a back stage kitchen thing. Jeff is a foodie but we are on the dining plan. He also loves backstage tours and we have some booked...thank you for the great suggestions!
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Renew your vows at the Wedding Pavilion.

Officially or unofficially. Or, take him there, drop to one knee, and ask him if he would marry you again, then do a little ceremony right there. Maybe you can buy anniversary rings for the two of you or something.

You can visit the Wedding Pavilion any time there is not a wedding going on.
    Very sweet! We got massages planned at GF already so I can do that...my mom passed away a bit over a year ago and my father gave me her engagement ring and suggested we use it for our 10th anniversary band...I do not know if he has any plans with that. It could be ring pops...which would be just in line with our kid-at-heart mentality...hmmm.
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: