Quantcast Car parking price increase

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Car parking price increase

Disney has announced it's increasing its car parking price to $15 per car

This slightly angers me that we have to pay in the first place. We pay enough for park entry tickets and still extra money is being squeezed out of us.

Sorry for the rant, just a little upset
    Gareth șoșwen

DVC Member - My Home Resorts: AKV

Previous visits:
    1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005, DLParis 2006, 2007, 2008 AKV, 2011 Baylake & AKV, 2011 Saratoga, 2013 AKV & Saratoga, 2014 Saratoga & Keywest, 2015 Keywest & Saratoga, 2016 COMING SOON

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Parking is free if you stay onsite (which it appears you do). Or you could go to Universal instead, where parking is $15.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first increase in parking prices in quite some time. It remained at $14 for quite a few years.

That's a pretty decent price considering most major entertainment or sports events charge about twice that for just a few hours of parking.

And, yes, if you stay *on property*, you don't pay for parking anyways.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

This is one price increase that doesn't phase me. Other small theme parks often charge upwards of $25-30, and jack that price for special events.

Plus we stay on property...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it costs $12 to park at Valley Fair in MN, which is not even close to the same league as Disney Parks.

What's really sad is the cost of just a hot dog at Casey's, $9-$10 and they're not anything to right home about either.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    And, yes, if you stay *on property*, you don't pay for parking anyways.
    It's also free for AP holders.

Post Thanks / Like

The comparison to sporting events is not really applicable, IMO. There are usually intermediaries involved in those deals. Disney owns, operates, and manages every aspect of the parking lots. They own it, are the local government, directly employ everyone working at it, etc. Big difference between what you'd see around sports arenas, even the "official arena lots" are managed by third party companies and regulations/rules are often established by local governments. Disney doesn't have to deal with any of that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think $15 is crazy, but you have to remember they do transport you from the car to the gate, by bus, monorail or tram. So I just figure in the cost of that, and try not to complain too much.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I don't always stay on property, I can appreciate there is an upkeep cost.

It's just a shame they don't offer a car parking pass when purchasing your park hopper, it's not easy changing a travellers cheque to park on my first day of the vacation
    Gareth șoșwen

DVC Member - My Home Resorts: AKV

Previous visits:
    1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005, DLParis 2006, 2007, 2008 AKV, 2011 Baylake & AKV, 2011 Saratoga, 2013 AKV & Saratoga, 2014 Saratoga & Keywest, 2015 Keywest & Saratoga, 2016 COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

People still use traveler's checks?
    The widespread acceptance of credit cards and debit cards around the world starting in the 1980s significantly replaced the use of travelers cheques for paying for things on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am one of the few people who still use travelers checks. We don't use them for everything, mostly spending money for souvenirs, but it helps me not to overspend on our trips. A swipe of the debit card here and there adds up quickly.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We went over to Magic Kingdom today for a few hours and I noticed it too. We have APs so I don't pay, but I agree on one hand it IS expensive, but totally see the other side about upkeep as well.

Funny enough my best friend and I were chatting today and wondering what WDW makes in a day/week/month on parking. It would be interesting to know.
    And I noted that generally people are either staying on property or have APs. I would think that there are more people who don't pay, then pay statistically, but I could be wrong.

And man, come on. I LOVE Casey's Corner dogs!!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post

What's really sad is the cost of just a hot dog at Casey's, $9-$10 and they're not anything to right home about either.
    just read it was $3.29 online. Did I miss something? And I always thought they were great, and ok to WRITE home about

As for the parking, I do believe it is a bit of a gouge, but again as I stay on property I dodge this one.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    just read it was $3.29 online. Did I miss something? And I always thought they were great, and ok to WRITE home about

As for the parking, I do believe it is a bit of a gouge, but again as I stay on property I dodge this one.
    I was looking at the my Disney experience app and the menu for Casey's only shows 4 different hot dogs, nothing for $3.29, so maybe they have other ones not on the menu. I had one last year and didn't think it was that great, it was ok but nothing great.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    I was looking at the my Disney experience app and the menu for Casey's only shows 4 different hot dogs, nothing for $3.29, so maybe they have other ones not on the menu. I had one last year and didn't think it was that great, it was ok but nothing great.
    INTERCOT > Info Central > Menus > Casey's Corner

Casey's Corner

Magic Kingdom- Counter Service

Grand Slam All Beef 1/4 lb. Hot Dog - $3.59
    Great American All Beef Hot Dog - $3.29
    French Fries - $1.79
    Brownie - $1.79

Soft Drinks and Iced Tea - $1.99 - $2.29
    Orange Juice - $1.49
    Milk - $.99
    Hot Tea - $1.59
    Coffee
    Regular or Decaffeinated - $1.59 - $1.79

Casey's Baseball Mug
    With your choice of soft drink - $3.99

Cut from right here...does intercot need to update? Hope not, bc the dogs were pretty reasonable for a theme park...

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's pretty outdated. Just like the parking has gone up the menu prices have changed quite a bit. Looking at the milk at $.99 shows how old it is, now for a milk at Casey's it cost, $2.39, almost as much as a gallon of milk. Looking at food and drink prices almost makes the parking a bargin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah looked elsewhere and saw the prices. That's pretty ridiculous...shame, I loved eating there...

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with the OP. Yes, I stay on property and don't have to pay for parking, but paying to park at a theme park has always annoyed me.

Don't try to sell me the argument that it is for "upkeep". When was the last time you paid to park at Walmart? Sears? Lowes? They have parking lots also.

If your charging us for the use of trams, etc. Then sell us tickets for the use of those. I rarely use either at DHS and EPCOT.

It was one of those fees someone tried years ago and found out people would pay for it. The rest of the industry followed along and now it is accepted as the norm.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

It is and always will be about the bottom line.

$$$ for parking...

but at least if you are an ap,holder, or staying on site it doesn't cost you. It is Disney's way of saying you will pay more if you do not stay here.

I do not look at it as upkeep.
    It is profit margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney's rooms tend to cost more than their off-site equal, so it's all baked in to some degree.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: