Quantcast Disney worker caught stealing from hotel rooms, deputies say - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Just in: In order to emphasize the danger of leaving valuables in resort rooms, Disney has added a new housekeeping character to the villain roster of Fantasmic.

But seriously, never had anything stolen from the room - the park, yes - but not the room. On one occasion, mousekeeping broke a bottle of my daughter's perfume. When we reported it, they sent someone to the room, who then went out and bought her a new bottle.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had items taken both in MK and from All Star Movies.

Post Thanks / Like

Can happen anywhere. I had pain pills stolen from me from a very nice hotel in Pigeon Forge last year, had to be housekeeping

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dixie springs View Post
    just in: In order to emphasize the danger of leaving valuables in resort rooms, disney has added a new housekeeping character to the villain roster of fantasmic.
    lol
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Never had anything taken from any room but then again I don't have much anyone would want!

It can happen anywhere that there are people who have no regard for others or the law. Always lock up valuables, always check and make sure the safe is locked, hide the key.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

There are thieves everywhere.

But I like to believe most people will not steal. Not for nothing, but how smart is it to take $20 and lose your job...

seems foolish.

I like to believe that the mousekeeping is a step above most, many of the people I have run into have been nice, but I have also been nice to them. I know its their job (customer service), but I need to believe the MAJORITY of them do their job, and do not steal...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    There are thieves everywhere.

But I like to believe most people will not steal. Not for nothing, but how smart is it to take $20 and lose your job...

seems foolish.
    We are talking about jobs at WDW. You know, those minimum wage jobs where they treat you like dirt......not a professional career where someone would be devastated if they lost their job. Minimum wage jobs are a dime a dozen and I am surprised they don't have more problems with theft. It probably happens more than we realize but goes unnoticed or unreported because people are on vacation and don't notice it has happened right away.

Post Thanks / Like

i've always left my macbook or ipad out and have not given it a 2nd thought. i sometimes travel to wdw for work so i need them with me. but i have no interest in taking them to a park nor did i think i needed to put them in the safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    We are talking about jobs at WDW. You know, those minimum wage jobs where they treat you like dirt......not a professional career where someone would be devastated if they lost their job. Minimum wage jobs are a dime a dozen and I am surprised they don't have more problems with theft. It probably happens more than we realize but goes unnoticed or unreported because people are on vacation and don't notice it has happened right away.
    I hear ya.
    but at the same time losing a job still might mean you/your family may not eat that week. Some of these jobs have bennies, losing those...

Post Thanks / Like

As sad is it is, I agree with this. Many hotels that I've stayed at have signs in the lobby in plain view that they are not responsible for valuable items left in the room.

Now, being creative as to where to leave money and such. A toy? In a stuffed animal that has ever the smallest slit in the seam? iPad IN a book
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I never leave anything of value in the room. While I'm sure most all Disney employees are honest, there is always that slim chance someone will be tempted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    As sad is it is, I agree with this. Many hotels that I've stayed at have signs in the lobby in plain view that they are not responsible for valuable items left in the room.
    The thing about these kinds of notices is that they are not the final answer on whether the business actually is responsible/liable. I could put a sign on my car that I am not responsible for any damage caused by it, but the law will say otherwise if I cause damage with it. A sign like that is more of an indicator that they have a problem with theft and hope the sign will convince people to just accept their losses rather than investigate further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The thing about these kinds of notices is that they are not the final answer on whether the business actually is responsible/liable. I could put a sign on my car that I am not responsible for any damage caused by it, but the law will say otherwise if I cause damage with it. A sign like that is more of an indicator that they have a problem with theft and hope the sign will convince people to just accept their losses rather than investigate further.
    Oh yeah I get that. And I wish it were different that no one stole. But the fact is, people do steal things. If I really want to ensure that my valuables are not taken while away from my home, I don't leave them out in a hotel, or I use the safe [though as stated some still have access to it] or I don't bring it. Kind of like I have insurance on my home "just in case".
    It's a shame that we have to think about it though. I agree.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

My kids always save up their birthday and Christmas money before we come and enjoy rationing out their cash and keeping the rest in the safe. We've put money on Disney gift cards before but worry about putting it all on them d/t the possibility of losing one.
    I'd love to leave my technology at home but that's easier said than done with two teenage girls. One has her Kindle glued to her at all times.
    Good to be more aware, however.
    10/89 honeymoon off-site
    11/93 off-site last trip pre-child
    12/01 ASMovies first trip for kids
    10/04 POFQ
    02/09 Pop and first cruise on Wonder
    03/10 POFQ trip to see CFHS Tiger Band!
    03/14 VWL to see DD2 and the CFHS Tiger Band!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: