Quantcast Tell us about your 2013 MNSSHP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell us about your 2013 MNSSHP

There have been 4 parties already. Please share your experiences if you attended one of these recent MNSSHP for 2013.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to hear your feedback as well.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Watching this thread too! I'm going for the first time ever Oct. 4th. Never been to one of the holiday parties and I'm so excited!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We went on this Friday. I will post a report tomorrow or Monday when I am back. We did have a great time. The Halloween fireworks are my favorite and they were fantastic as usual.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

There have been more MNSSHPs, any reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I've been slow posting. It will do a report for you tonight.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Went last year and loved it, attending the 10/4 party this year as well! It's going to be crowded because it's race weekend, but I'm hoping it's just as fun!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Excited to hear thoughts also. We are going 10/22!

20 days!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Totally wanna hear what people are saying.. We're going on Oct. 11th for the first time!!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We go on 10/27 but it will be our 5th in a row and we love them. So for all the newbies..enjoy! DH thinks they are MK's best fireworks and I love the HM characters in the parade. We have experienced short lines for things like BTM in the past as well. It is just a fun environment.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    Went last year and loved it, attending the 10/4 party this year as well! It's going to be crowded because it's race weekend, but I'm hoping it's just as fun!
    We're going that night too! I can't wait!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

born and raised in Alberta, now living in sunny Tampa
    Post Thanks / Like

Going for our second year in a row on the 18th!! Cant wait!
    Mary Poppins, is that your name? It's lovely.

PEACE, LOVE and MICKEY MOUSE ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

I finally had time to post a short write up about our experiences at MNSSHP on 9/20/13.

This was our second time going to MNSSHP. I knew that a Friday night might be a little busy but I hoped going so early in the season would help keep the crowds done. Overall the crowd level during our visit was excellent. I know it has been mentioned that Sept is not a quiet as it used to be but compared to other times of the year Sept crowds are quite low. Since we are annual pass holders , we went to MK in the morning, then went back to our resort for a bit before returning to MK at about 4:30.

Earlier in the day, I had taken my ticket print outs to Guest Services and had them convert them to plastic tickets. I did this because I find the plastic tickets much easier to carry around than the pieces of paper but the wait is much shorter to convert than to go to will call and pick up tickets.

As usual they were letting party goers in at 4. There were cast members stationed after the entrance to put the Halloween wrist bands on and handing out small bag for trick or treating. These were the same bags as last year except they promoted different movies.

Once inside we went straight to our ADR at Tony's. (See my review here. After the world's fastest meal, we exited and I took my daughter to use the FP we got earlier in the day to see Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall.

My kids mainly wanted to trick or treat so we did very few rides and no characters this year, but the lines seemed to be moving well. We did do the Haunted Mansion. The cast members were dressed up with extra makeup and effects which made it extra fun. We also stopped to get our picture at the carriage early in the paty before it got crowded.

Here are some highlights of what we did or noticed:
    SotMK Cards
    My husband and son got right in line at the firehouse to get their special Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards. It was about 5:30 and there were already about 50 people in line. My daughter and I got our cards later in Liberty Square. The line there was shorter but still had about 20 people in it.

I thought the line for the cards moved slow. To receive a card you must show your party ticket and your wristband and even if you are not going to play at the time, they have to enter you in the system and give you a new key card. You may not get a card for another member of your party if they are not present in the line. Last year they only required that you show the wrist band and the lines moved much faster.

Characters
    The lines for Jack & Sally were long all night There were still at least 50 people in line around 11. The Seven Dwarfs are no longer at Big Thunder Mountain. They now meet at the Fantasy Land castle walls between Pinocchio Village Haus and Belle's Cottage. Some of Cinderella's mice meet at the other castle wall.
    Phineas and Ferb no longer meet but do the pre parade show on Main St. They were very entertaining. Duffy did not meet this year.

Special foods
    The Confectionery had quite a bit of Halloween baked goods. We tried some of the cupcakes. They were good but the frosting was super sweet.

Trick or Treat Locations
    We hit every location at least once. My kids got a lot of candy. The mix of candy excellent- Snickers, Milky Ways, Twix, Hershey bars, Dots, Tootsie rolls, Laffy Taffy and Butterfingers were just a few.

Pinocchio Village Haus did not give out a mix of candy. Like last year , they only had apple filled Werther's caramels. The Tiki Room has a sign saying Craisins but they also had regular candy.

They were enforcing the Trick or Treat Trail that runs from Space Mountain to Storybook Circus as one way. You could only enter at Space Mountain.

At the end of the night , they were giving out candy again before the exit and had baby Peeps.

Entertainment- Dance Parties

We only stopped by the Monstrous Dance Party for a few minutes but it was fun and they had some of the other monsters from Monsters University as well as Mike and Sully.

Parade
    I love this parade though it seemed slightly shorter to me than normal. I haven't seen it enough to know if it has less floats. At the end the has some extra large construction type cones painted like candy corn that seemed out of place. Overall thought the parade was great.

Castle Show/ Fireworks
    We got seats at the tables in front of The Plaza Restaurant for the Celebrate the Magic Show and the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks.

The castle shows as always was beautiful and had a few new scenes that have been added for the Halloween season. I think HalloWishes is my favorite fireworks. They perimeter fireworks were spectacular.

Villains Dance Mix and Mingle My son thought this was okay but too short.

Overall this remains one of my favorite events. As a pass holder, I am pretty stingy about paying to get into the park for a hard ticket. MNSSHP remains an event my whole family enjoys that is worth the price to us.
    Hope this helps.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me excited to try it next year. Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much for the review! Getting so excited!! We will be there in on 5 days.. Party in 7.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! I go tonight, and then we are staying at All Star Sports and hitting Food & Wine tomorrow!

Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    Excited to hear thoughts also. We are going 10/22!

20 days!!!!!
    My DH and I will also be attending on the 22nd! So excited. This will be our second time attending the party. The first time was awesome.
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I finally had time to post a short write up about our experiences at MNSSHP on 9/20/13.

This was our second time going to MNSSHP. I knew that a Friday night might be a little busy but I hoped going so early in the season would help keep the crowds done. Overall the crowd level during our visit was excellent. I know it has been mentioned that Sept is not a quiet as it used to be but compared to other times of the year Sept crowds are quite low. Since we are annual pass holders , we went to MK in the morning, then went back to our resort for a bit before returning to MK at about 4:30.

Earlier in the day, I had taken my ticket print outs to Guest Services and had them convert them to plastic tickets. I did this because I find the plastic tickets much easier to carry around than the pieces of paper but the wait is much shorter to convert than to go to will call and pick up tickets.

As usual they were letting party goers in at 4. There were cast members stationed after the entrance to put the Halloween wrist bands on and handing out small bag for trick or treating. These were the same bags as last year except they promoted different movies.

Once inside we went straight to our ADR at Tony's. (See my review here. After the world's fastest meal, we exited and I took my daughter to use the FP we got earlier in the day to see Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall.

My kids mainly wanted to trick or treat so we did very few rides and no characters this year, but the lines seemed to be moving well. We did do the Haunted Mansion. The cast members were dressed up with extra makeup and effects which made it extra fun. We also stopped to get our picture at the carriage early in the paty before it got crowded.

Here are some highlights of what we did or noticed:
    SotMK Cards
    My husband and son got right in line at the firehouse to get their special Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards. It was about 5:30 and there were already about 50 people in line. My daughter and I got our cards later in Liberty Square. The line there was shorter but still had about 20 people in it.

I thought the line for the cards moved slow. To receive a card you must show your party ticket and your wristband and even if you are not going to play at the time, they have to enter you in the system and give you a new key card. You may not get a card for another member of your party if they are not present in the line. Last year they only required that you show the wrist band and the lines moved much faster.

Characters
    The lines for Jack & Sally were long all night There were still at least 50 people in line around 11. The Seven Dwarfs are no longer at Big Thunder Mountain. They now meet at the Fantasy Land castle walls between Pinocchio Village Haus and Belle's Cottage. Some of Cinderella's mice meet at the other castle wall.
    Phineas and Ferb no longer meet but do the pre parade show on Main St. They were very entertaining. Duffy did not meet this year.

Special foods
    The Confectionery had quite a bit of Halloween baked goods. We tried some of the cupcakes. They were good but the frosting was super sweet.

Trick or Treat Locations
    We hit every location at least once. My kids got a lot of candy. The mix of candy excellent- Snickers, Milky Ways, Twix, Hershey bars, Dots, Tootsie rolls, Laffy Taffy and Butterfingers were just a few.

Pinocchio Village Haus did not give out a mix of candy. Like last year , they only had apple filled Werther's caramels. The Tiki Room has a sign saying Craisins but they also had regular candy.

They were enforcing the Trick or Treat Trail that runs from Space Mountain to Storybook Circus as one way. You could only enter at Space Mountain.

At the end of the night , they were giving out candy again before the exit and had baby Peeps.

Entertainment- Dance Parties

We only stopped by the Monstrous Dance Party for a few minutes but it was fun and they had some of the other monsters from Monsters University as well as Mike and Sully.

Parade
    I love this parade though it seemed slightly shorter to me than normal. I haven't seen it enough to know if it has less floats. At the end the has some extra large construction type cones painted like candy corn that seemed out of place. Overall thought the parade was great.

Castle Show/ Fireworks
    We got seats at the tables in front of The Plaza Restaurant for the Celebrate the Magic Show and the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks.

The castle shows as always was beautiful and had a few new scenes that have been added for the Halloween season. I think HalloWishes is my favorite fireworks. They perimeter fireworks were spectacular.

Villains Dance Mix and Mingle My son thought this was okay but too short.

Overall this remains one of my favorite events. As a pass holder, I am pretty stingy about paying to get into the park for a hard ticket. MNSSHP remains an event my whole family enjoys that is worth the price to us.
    Hope this helps.
    Nice review

I have been to several of these over the years & went to the 1st one this year. The only thing that I have to add is that we found that MANY more people were dressed in costume compared to years past.

Also if attractions are more your thing most of the lines are shortt, I think because most people were getting candy then watch the parade & fireworks then leave. We always wait until after the 2nd parade to collect candy, short lines & the CM's dump handfulls in your bag at that point.
    Last edited by CaptSmee; 10-04-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: misspell
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reviews!! May I ask what the Sorcerers of Magic Card is?? And Storybook Circus We will be there the 18th!
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

I went on the 10/4 as Ariel in her Sail Dress, it was a fab night, and not too crowded!
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: