Quantcast Scoop

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Scoop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scoop

Has anyone ever met Scoop on Main Street and traded pins with him? I try to do something new every time a visit and this year it's to find Scoop ... and maybe do a tequila flight in Mexico

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen him a few times over the years. Not sure if there are set times he is out and about or if it is random. He is very fussy about how you store your pins - one person had several in a bag together and he was not impressed!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Uh-oh! That's how I keep all of my trader pins ... although I do put each one in its own pin-sized plastic bag. My goal is to meet Scoop this trip, but it doesn't sound like he'll be very impressed with me, either
    Jenny

1988 - Fort Wilderness Campground
    1996-2012 - Off-Site
    2006 - Paradise Pier, DLR
    2013 - All Star Movies
    2015 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Polynesian (DVC Members!)
    2017 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming Trips:
    May 2018 - TBD
    November 2018 - Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

YES! Met him last October and traded pins with him. He has a HUGE selection and anything goes. It was the highlight of my trip!

I found him outside of Casey's Corner right before they opened. They do a little opening "show" so it was nice to see that too. He wasn't there very long. You might give it a try.

Good luck
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I see Scoop often enough that he recognizes me. He is typically out early in the day on Main Street, and he'll be out for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time, a few times a day. His schedule varies, but weekdays are usually better for catching him than weekends. Most of the Citizens of Main Street know each others' schedules, so if you see the Fire Chief or the Mayor or the Suffragette, you can ask them if Scoop is "in town."

Scoop is a sweet, super friendly guy, and incredibly knowledgeable about pins. He does teach, and appreciate, good trading etiquette. If you're planning to seek him out, wear your pins on a lanyard that day. Remember to say please and thank you, and ask politely if he's trading.

It's been awhile since I've seen him play "secret pin trader", but that used to be his best schtick. He'd have pins on his suspenders, facing in, so you would pick one from the left suspender, then one from the right. If they matched, you'd get both pins and a bonus pin. Either way, you got two for one, and they were pretty much always Hidden Mickey pins. So that was fun.

Be sure to compliment him on his lovely pet dogs, Butterscotch and Licorice. (It's one of those vintage wood toys that has the two dog cutouts on wheels.) They do tricks.

Happy trading!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

We met Scoop for the first time about 4 years ago. My daughter was just getting into pin trading. We saw a couple people around him and he was trading pins. My daughter just sat there beside him and watched as people went at him like mad to trade. She just watched and watched. Then, he noticed she had been standing there watching what was going on, and just taking it all in. Scoop introduced himself to her, asked her name. She shook his hand, told him her name, and asked "May I please see your pins?" She was 4 at the time. He leaned over to show her one lanyard. She looked it over and he showed her a second. Then, he showed her the suspenders covered in pins. She only had 1 pin at the time and she wasn't sure she was allowed to trade it away. She saw one she wanted, pointed to it, and asked if she please have that one. She was so happy and a little sad. She said she just gave away her only pin. Scoop told her that she was getting another one as he took it off and gave it to her.

Then, a big show took place after she said "Thank you Mr Scoop" (Southern way kids address adults). Scoop went on to hug her and hold her next to his side as he announced what perfect manners she had in pin trading. He said for a special girl with only one pin to trade that he had a special pin for her. He reached into one of his hidden compartments in his costume and pulled out a Pin Trader pin with Stitch in the middle of a star on a paper back that states "Cast Pin Trader Award". He proceeded to tell her that she now has 2 pins but to never trade either of them because they are special. The one she picked out happened to be an Artist Proof pin (I can't remember what it is of) and the Cast Pin Trader Award. He told us to head into the store afterwards, talk the CM, and tell them Scoop sent her ther to get some pins for trading. They gave her a little booster pack with 5 pins in it to trade.

Unfortunately, this last trip we did not get to see him. We were told the days he would be there, but he was not. He is human and could have easily been sick or on XMas vacation. My daughter was almost crying until some CMs saw her upset and wound up trading a few pins with her.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

teresa955 Guest

Scoop has a way of making everyone feel special. We got to know him when he used to do Pin Talks and we still seek him out on our trips. I believe he currently is on Main Street 4 days a week. I don't know how he does it but he always remembers us and calls us by name; even though we only visit the World once or twice a year. We are not big pin traders anymore but we are still huge fans of Scoop.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: