Quantcast Amazing Race 24 - All Stars - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    This has turned out to be an unusual season for me, I now don't have any more teams that I cannot stand left. Rachael and Brendon and the Afganimals are behaving so much better that I have actually enjoyed them. The 2 teams I'd most like to see go home next are the blondes (the John Wayne thing is almost as annoying as the Achilles) and the guy and gal who couldn't catch a fish.
    Agree about the Afganimals as well as to how they are behaving better, so it does make it easier to watch them. And yes also want to see the blondes go home next. I hope the Cowboys or Globetrotters win...!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From a reality TV website:

Did you actually do the Detour and Roadblock tasks? And if so, how did they go?

Margie O'Donnell: We didn't. We traveled to those places, but we were so far behind them, they couldn't keep all those people there. I guess that's why. But we didn't actually do the tasks. We got to those places, you know, we rode the bus and the train and all that stuff. We went the whole route but we did not do the tasks. So that was kind of disappointing.

1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    From a reality TV website:

Did you actually do the Detour and Roadblock tasks? And if so, how did they go?

Margie O'Donnell: We didn't. We traveled to those places, but we were so far behind them, they couldn't keep all those people there. I guess that's why. But we didn't actually do the tasks. We got to those places, you know, we rode the bus and the train and all that stuff. We went the whole route but we did not do the tasks. So that was kind of disappointing.

Well, that was interesting to note.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Huh ... I find that sort of surprising ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess that's why they didn't show them! The thing that's most surprising tome is that there weren't many options with the limited seating on the first flight. I guess they assumed the 2 last place teams would go for the short connection, but what if something happened causing them to miss the connecting flight? Or what if Brenchel had decided not to risk it and ended up on the same flight with Margie and Luke? Kind of a stinky way to be eliminated.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they shut down the tasks once it became clear how far back they were?

Anyway, more march madness on CBS today so set the DVRs for extra time again.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

UUUUGGGGGHHHH. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I got a feeling midway through that it might be a non-elim. Then I thought "No way, they just had one 2 weeks ago!" Sure enough, the country girls get to hang on. I liked the drama of the episode, but some teams are back on my "I want them gone!" list.
    The Afghanimals --Even though it didn't really make a difference, I thought that was a pretty cheap trick to get that other cab to stall in front of the Cowboy's taxi.
    Brenchel-- Rachel was pretty annoying with the "GREEEEEEENNN" but Brendan bugged me by being a bit harsh on her for not having her head in the game. In contrast, when he's struggled with tasks in the past, Rachel has been pretty calm and supportive.
    John and Jessica- John really bugged me this episode.

Also, we almost got through an episode without hearing about Dave's Achilles, until the Globes had to bring it up!!! (Very glad they didn't come in last, I was getting nervous).
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was a very good episode, and was surprised it was non-elimination. The drama at the end with the Globetrotters was real! lol I was about to be very upset with Dave and Connor for throwing off their cab.

I'm just going to say it, I don't love Dave and Connor and hope they go next. Whew. I feel better getting that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I kinda sensed it was going to be a non-elimination leg, but even so I was getting nervous for Flight Time and Big Easy.

I was kinda surprised that they and the country girls ended up falling so far back. It didn't really seem like anything particularly bad happened to them, but all of a sudden everyone else was gone and bam they were racing for the end.

A personal note about this episode ...

Did anyone besides me feel somewhat uncomfortable during the elephant challenge? Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but something about it really put me off.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I was kinda surprised that they and the country girls ended up falling so far back. It didn't really seem like anything particularly bad happened to them, but all of a sudden everyone else was gone and bam they were racing for the end.
    Both sides of the detour had a learning curve. With the elephant task, it was properly securing the chain to the log (which Dave/Connor had some difficulty). With the making paper, it appeared that the trick was to apply a lot of pressure on the frame to remove all the bubbles and imperfections. While all three teams doing that task several times, it seemed to take Caroline/Jen a bit longer to figure out that they needed to apply pressure, and as a result it put them in last leaving the detour.

Flight Time and Big Easy left first from the detour of the three teams doing the paper, and caught up with Dave and Connor. However, D/C cab driver misdirected the Trotters enough that they got either lost or took a longer route. Long enough that Brenchel actually slide up a spot ahead of them. Will be interesting to see the time difference between Trotters and Country singers.

That was one of the better roadblocks that I've seen in a long time. Every team there, chaos running amok, but when all 7 teams still made the same train to the next destination, rendering the roadblock interesting but mute, that's when I started to get the nagging suspicion that it might be non-elimination.

No Race next week Country Music awards again. But I think there should be some interesting legs coming up as no Fast Forward has appeared yet, nor the dreaded u-turns and the Cowboys only have two more legs in which to use their Express Pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    UUUUGGGGGHHHH. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I got a feeling midway through that it might be a non-elim. Then I thought "No way, they just had one 2 weeks ago!" Sure enough, the country girls get to hang on. I liked the drama of the episode, but some teams are back on my "I want them gone!" list.
    Those were my thoughts exactly. I like the country singers a lot more on their first go-round. Aside from that, I don't really have a team that I am pulling for over another at this point. So whoever runs the best race from here on out I am fine with them winning.

Did anyone besides me feel somewhat uncomfortable during the elephant challenge? Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but something about it really put me off.
    You mean the chains one? I think it would have if they didn't point out several times that this was an elephant sanctuary. From what I've heard Sri Lanka has made great strides in the humane treatment of the elephants there and the sanctary is probably a part of that. Was there one thing in particular that made you uncomfortable, Ian?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I thought this was a very good episode, and was surprised it was non-elimination. The drama at the end with the Globetrotters was real! lol I was about to be very upset with Dave and Connor for throwing off their cab.
    I just went back and watched, and yeah they did say send them in the wrong direction to their cab driver, which I missed the first time. Not cool.

Yeah, anytime I see animals performing labor like that makes me a little sad.

Did not realize we weren't getting a new episode next week. Bummer.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda sensed it was going to be a non-elimination leg, but even so I was getting nervous for Flight Time and Big Easy.

I was guessing it would be a non-elimination leg about the same time FT and BE started falling behind. I think they would have made it more dramatic in editing.

I seem to always get a bit tense in the challenges that feature animals in countries outside of the USA, as I don't really know how they might treat them out of camera range.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, I didn't see your comment before I posted. Now that you mention it, sometimes when animals are rescued they give them things to do to keep them busy/engaged, so this might be such a case.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, I didn't see your comment before I posted. Now that you mention it, sometimes when animals are rescued they give them things to do to keep them busy/engaged, so this might be such a case.
    Right. I'm sure the elephants that were featured in that task had probably once been used in the logging industry and so are probably used to that activity, so it actually might be therapeutic (as long as they were being treated humanely). I've had mad much bigger issues in past races--donkeys, camels and tigers come to mind.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I just went back and watched, and yeah they did say send them in the wrong direction to their cab driver, which I missed the first time. Not cool.
    We got to see a little pushier side of Dave during the tuk-tuk task as well, not that you didn't have to be quite aggressive in that roadblock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We got to see a little pushier side of Dave during the tuk-tuk task as well, not that you didn't have to be quite aggressive in that roadblock.
    Yup I noticed that as well, although he did let crybaby John go ahead of him after he whined, haha. All in all that was not a cool move with the cab, but they still don't annoy me as much as some others. They are probably third for me now behind Globes (who, let's face it, probably won't win. But I hope they hang around for a while) and the Cowboys. I really didn't have a feeling towards the cowboys before this season but I like them. They really played up the one sided rivalry with the Afghanimals (how many times did we need to hear "cowboys vs Indians") so I wonder of that was some foreshadowing on the producers' part.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I did take into account it was a sanctuary of sorts, but it still made me a bit uncomfortable. I think it was the chains, to be honest. It just conjured up images of Mrs Jumbo or something.

I know they weren't literally chained with them, but it still was a bit creepy for me. I'm sure it was fine, though.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I did take into account it was a sanctuary of sorts, but it still made me a bit uncomfortable. I think it was the chains, to be honest. It just conjured up images of Mrs Jumbo or something.
    You know, I had forgotten about that scene in the movie. I can see your point now.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on last night? Two things bugged me:
    1.Majority of the teams not having a clue as to what the "Eternal City" referred to-- come on!
    2. Flight Time's boneheaded mistake on the road block. I mean he wasn't even close, and after getting it wrong multiple times, not once did he RE-READ THE CLUE!!! If it wasn't for Leo and Jamal giving away the answer, they would've been out. I'm not sorry to see John and Jessica go, and you guys know I enjoy the Globetrotters as much as anyone, but that was downright embarrassing and he would've deserved to go home after that.

I do have to give credit the the country girls. To complete the speed bump and manage to come in second was impressive.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: