Quantcast Ever try a new resort and end up liking it? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We've stay at most of the disney resorts and ended up liking all most all of them...none were bad...just liked some a whole lot more than the others.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New places

That was my fear after staying at the Beach Club and then the kids wanted so badly to stay at the All Star Sports on the next trip when we were staying on site. I thought how can the two be comparable. We loved the All Star Sports and stayed there again after that trip.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago there was a room discount that we could not pass up on a deluxe resort

I picked AKL and it it by far my favorite. My husband (another great discount on rooms) likes WL......but you know what they say "A happy wife, a happy life!"
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

yes! We finally used coronado springs bc we found a room for $81 on hotels.com app and we loved it!!! I guess they had only a few left and it was last minute. I stayed there for princess as well and really love this resort. I would stay there every trip and I cannot believe I have been to Disney so much and never stayed here.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ was a pleasant surprise for me when I branched out from the values and I fell in love with Wilderness Lodge when I moved away from the moderates
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Funny how many folks have a "home" resort.

Ours is POFQ although we have tried POP and AKL. POP was good, but just too noisy and busy for us and AKL was beautiful, but I guess I couldn't justify the price difference(we spend very little time at the resort - pretty much only sleep there).

Seems our hearts really do belong to the greenery, the Sassagoula river, relaxed atmosphere and, sometimes sorrowful, jazz background music!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Can't complain too much regarding our resort choices over the years (hey-we ARE at WDW right?!!)....probably CBR was a bit tough when we stayed because the DS' were younger and the back and forth to the main building/pool/bus stops with stroller in tow was a bit draining but still like the resort theming and such....POLY, BC, WL, POR have all been top notch experiences....

Trying to get the DW to try AKL on a future trip but she feels it is "too far" from everything.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

WE try a new resort everytime...all of the values, only have CB to try for the mods and I have been to The Contemporary....still many to try.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I are DVC members at OKW and we love having a balcony in a building with a river view (14, 45 and 46 have been great). We've stayed at Pop Century, which was nice and quiet, and Animal Kingdom Lodge in a studio on the Sunset Savannah with the giraffes and zebras walking by the room. Enjoyed both of those resorts.
    We would like to try the Boardwalk some day, but haven't had any success booking seven months out. The Wilderness Lodge also looks cool and we'd love to try out the great pools at the Beach Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWParrothead View Post
    Has anyone else ever tried a new WDW resort that is out of their comfort zone (not your "home" resort) and ended up being impressed and happy with the decision to branch out?
    Oh yes! Several years ago, we made a last minute decision to stay an extra night. As DVC members, all we could get was OKW, which was disappointing since we'd driven thru OKW once and didn't like the looks. Yet, we (reluctantly) stayed there, and an OKW lover was born! The next morning DH informed me that THIS is where I want to stay from now on, and whenever he has his way, we do now. That's after previous stays at AKL, POR, BCV, FW, WL, and VWL.

Post Thanks / Like

It had a bigger discount, so we stayed at Sports last time. It was more Disney themed than I thought and very clean, but still missed POP. I really liked Port Orleans, but we had a half off room when we stayed there.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

When we first became regulars, we always stayed at an All Star. I like each one for various reasons, but mostly they all screamed "Disney" to me. One trip my mom wanted to room with us so I needed to book a room that held 5. I booked for POR AB with trepidation and anxiety. I seriously considered canceling because the thought of not being where I loved made me so apprehensive. Two days before our trip, Disney called to ask if I minded they switch us to GF (free upgrade!). I told them I needed to think about it then LOL and shouted, "Absolutley!" Not only was I excited about staying at GF, but I was overwhelmingly relieved to not go to POR AB.

Ultimately our family size required us to book at POR AB if I wanted to continue to go as frequently as I enjoy. Our first time there I was in love immediately. Now it is my home resort. However, we've always stayed in AB and this fall we'll be staying in Magnolia Bend. I'm excited to try this section of the resort.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    When we first became regulars, we always stayed at an All Star. I like each one for various reasons, but mostly they all screamed "Disney" to me. One trip my mom wanted to room with us so I needed to book a room that held 5. I booked for POR AB with trepidation and anxiety. I seriously considered canceling because the thought of not being where I loved made me so apprehensive. Two days before our trip, Disney called to ask if I minded they switch us to GF (free upgrade!). I told them I needed to think about it then LOL and shouted, "Absolutley!" Not only was I excited about staying at GF, but I was overwhelmingly relieved to not go to POR AB.

Ultimately our family size required us to book at POR AB if I wanted to continue to go as frequently as I enjoy. Our first time there I was in love immediately. Now it is my home resort. However, we've always stayed in AB and this fall we'll be staying in Magnolia Bend. I'm excited to try this section of the resort.
    That's an awesome upgrade

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We too are creature's of habit and have our favorites! Before we bought into DVC it was POR. Now that we have DVC it's BLT. SInce we go so often we do try other resorts and are pleasantly surprised. We did a short stay at Saratoga Springs and absolutely LOVED it. We also stayed at OKW and sincerely enjoyed that as well. We like that DVC gives us the options to try other places. It is a bit nerve racking though. You kind of get used to your 'home'.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: