Quantcast Poly dilemma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Poly dilemma

Post Thanks / Like

Question Poly dilemma

My fiancé and I had our hearts set on staying at the Poly for our honeymoon, but now with all the talk about the removal of the waterfall in the GCH and all the construction that will be going on, we are considering staying somewhere else. We're considering the Beach Club or Old Key West as alternatives but neither of us have stayed there and we are hesitant to spend so much on places we aren't familiar with. The two most important things for us are convenience and quiet, since after all we will be honeymooning.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Look into the Yacht Club. I think it would be perfect! The Epcot resort area is very romantic and has so many great restaurants, bars, lounges, in walking distance. Plus, Jellyrolls! Great adult nighttime fun! We actually love Beach Club but it is a rather busy resort with lots of kids around. The YC side is just a bit more subdued and refined. The pool is amazing, with lots of little nooks and waterfalls...very romantic as well. Really, the Epcot resorts are where it's at, IMO. The Polynesian is NOT a good resort to choose for the next year or two.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Natalie. There are so many things that could happen with the Poly construction I'd stay away. I also agree with her that the Yacht Club is quieter than the Beach Club.

Two other options to consider are the Garden Cottage suites at Boardwalk. They are adorable. They open on a courtyard with a quiet pool at BWI. Each has a little garden out front, it's own entrance and two floors with a loft bedroom.

Wilderness Lodge is also a nice option. It is very scenic and as long as you aren't right on the lobby near the Whispering Canyon Cafe, it is pretty quiet.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I also would suggest looking at the Epcot resorts; BC, YC, or BW. Walking around the Boarwalk or World Showcase at night can be quite romantic.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I have been there on my honeymoon and on many other trips and I love staying in the epcot hotels, I think yacht club would be wonderful for you. You can't beat the location, you can walk to nightlife from your hotel and walk back, you can also spend lovely nights in epcot around the world showcase, there are great places there for romantic dinners, then fireworks and best of all..walk home, no waiting for transportation. I hope you have a wonderful trip.
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for YC. We have stayed at all the Epcot resorts (except the Dolphin). YC is by far the quietest resort. Not only are there fewer children there, but it seems fewer people in general.

Oh and congratulations on getting married!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! We've also considered a cruise but my fiancé gets terrible claustrophobia and is afraid of feeling trapped once we leave port. I think it would be great but i wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable. I'll look into the yacht club though. I really love that area!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the Beach Club, club level, when we went a year ago. It was quiet up there. You can get a room way down at the end and it is off by itself and quiet. (Ask for a honeymoon suite) A little bit of a walk though to the lounge. They booked us in one of these rooms to begin with and we were surprised how much it was off by itself but we changed rooms because it only had a small standing only balcony and we wanted to be able to sit on a balcony (these are available). But the room was much larger than the others. Only problem was they put us closer in but it was next to a service elevator which banged all night long with people coming and going. We should have just stayed where we were. We learned our lesson about asking about the rooms available first before trading next time. But that being said, we didn't think the Beach Club was any noisier than the others.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club

Another vote for the Beach Club. Prime location - great pool - quaint and quiet. Perfect.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is Beach or Yacht Club as well. You can't beat these resorts for convenience. The Beach Club is the closest to Epcot, with a quick walk to the International Gateway entrance. If you stay on the end of the resort, near the quiet pool, the entrance is about as far as a walk to your neighbor's house.

You can take a boat from the resort launch to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios. The Studios are also walkable from the YC/BC, but it's a much longer trek than Epcot.

The view of the Boardwalk from across the water is lovely -- perfect for a honeymoon. And there are wonderful little nooks and crannies in the feature pool if you want to move away from the kiddies in the sand area.

Good luck with your choice!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for YC! DH & I stayed here on our "Babymoon"... it was so peaceful and quiet. Exactly what we were looking for! Such a nice place to walk around.. lots of bars, restaurants and the beach and pool are amazing! You definitely can't go wrong at YC!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My sister is a big fan of the Poly, but she chose Yacht Club for her July honeymoon because of the construction issues at the Poly. I hope she loves it! I'm pretty sure her fiance will.The proximity of World Showcase and the Boardwalk was part of the appeal for her.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Nightlife is the best on the Boadwalk! And everyone's right, you're so close to EPCOT with all the nice res truants.

Have you considered the AKL or WL? Not trying to make it more complicated, I just thought they always seemed romantic. <3

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the YC! We've stayed at YC, BC, BCV, BWI, and BWV -and the YC is the quietest and most romantic of the bunch. Plus, the Boardwalk area at night is one of our favorite places at WDW.
    "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."- Jimmy Buffett

Polynesian
    Treehouse Villas
    Caribbean Beach
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club Villas
    Disneyland Hotel
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Boardwalk Villas
    Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

We have done BC, POR and WL which would all be great options - if you like that Epcot area with the BC/YC and Boardwalk, etc u will totally enjoy it. We have done POLY in the past too which we love, but it sounds like it will be a mess for awhile and u definitely won't experience the true beauty and spirit of the resort.

Wherever you choose to stay ENJOY!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR