Quantcast Where to stay for family of 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to stay for family of 6

I am really in a quandry! We are a family of 6 - my DH and me, and 4 kiddos 16yo, 12yo, 10yo, and an 8 yo. We had 2 connecting rooms at the Pop a couple of years ago and liked it fine, but it was a bit cramped. We definitely need 2 bathrooms (2 oldest kids are girls). We loved the food court at the Pop as most of my kids are picky eaters.

We are looking at a trip in early June. So my question is, should we do 2 rooms again at the Pop, (we know we liked it), or do a Suite at AofA, or upgrade to 2 rooms at a moderate Epcot resort (we would look at Caribbean Beach), or splurge for a villa at OKW? (Beach Club would be my first choice but they are not available that week) We are early morning people, get to the parks early...quick breakfast in the room and we are out the door! We did love the Pop food court. Reviews for CBR food are lackluster, and OKW doesn't have a food court (right?) and is Downtown Disney which doesn't interest us at all, but the villas look fab and spacious! Ugh, what to do, what to do? Any help you can provide would be most appreciated! thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered renting points from a vacation club owner? You could make arrangements through Intercot sponsor, The Timeshare Store - they might even have access to your first choice resort. Finding an affordable place to stay on site can be problemmatic for larger families.

I'd suggest 2 rooms at a moderate or a stay at a vacation club villa.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 in a room

We are a family of 5 and fall into that same category. We have done both, reserve 2 connecting rooms at POP and also reserved one room at the Beach Club which sleeps 5. The Beach Club was fantastic - great pool and A+ location but it was still one room with one bathroom. Since that experience we have always reserved two connecting rooms wherever and whenever we go because we have four beds with two bathrooms.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Always a family of six or more

we have done AoA, Bay lake tower, and AK villas. We loved the themeing of AoA. The space is fine. Obviously the extra room in the villas is nice but often a luxury. Coronado has junior suites too. I prefer a suite to the two adjoining rooms because I like the extra space for eating breakfast in the room.
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

2014 - AoA
    2013 - AKV Kidani
    2012 - AoA
    2011 - ASM
    2010 - BLT
    2009 - OKW
    2008 - ASM
    2007 - Pop
    1986 - FW
    1985 - FW
    1984 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Cabins at Wilderness Lodge are nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNDisney Dad View Post
    Cabins at Wilderness Lodge are nice.
    They are but might be a bit tight for a family of 6 and still only provides one bathroom.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    They are but might be a bit tight for a family of 6 and still only provides one bathroom.
    Yes, the cabins could be a bit crowded for 6. The Murphy bed is pretty small for two, but you could always stick one on the couch. Also, if you get a cabin in loop 2100, you could always use the comfort station in loop 1100.

Have you considered a family suite at All Stars? I think it is a bit cheaper than two connecting rooms, and quite a bit cheaper than AoA.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the suggestions...here's where we are now: Wondering if the AofA suite (like the Cars suite) really is spacious enough for 6. The pull-down bed doesn't even look like a full bed! So would we need to take our air mattress too?

Looking at 2 rooms at CBR...but the inconsistent reviews are a bit unsettling.

I am somewhat risk-averse/and still want to maintain control when it comes to vacation reservations, so I am reluctant to rent DVC points, although Beach Club 2room villas look like heaven to me.

We could still do 2 rooms at the PoP Century.
    Any advice on AofA or CBR for a family of 6 is still very much appreciated. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

My family of 6 stayed at AoA in 2012. Our children's ages were 17, 14, 5, & 3. We thought the space was fine for our family. (we didn't really spend much time there). The table/pull down bed is a full size bed. We split the kids up, one big and one little in each bed, and they had more than enough room. The resort is beautiful and the pool is very cool! I would definitely consider staying there again in the future.
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Two rooms at CBR (or any moderate)would cost a bit more than 2 rooms at the values. However, two rooms at any of the moderates will give you a bit more room and queen beds (except CBR) instead of the full size beds at the values. If it's affordable for your family I would definitely got with 2 rooms at the moderates over 2 at the values. However, CBR is the only moderate that doesn't yet have queen beds. Rumor has it a room refurb starts there next month and queen beds is supposedly on the agenda, but who can say for sure until it's done.

As far as CBR is concerned. It's our favorite moderate. I often see bad reviews for this resort, but after 3 stays there it's still our favorite. We love the tropical theme over the themes of the other moderates.

My brother's family of 5 stayed at AoA for Christmas a few years ago. They loved it. Although they did say given all the space it appears to have, it did feel very cramped when all the beds were open. And keep in mind you only get one "real" bed in the family suites. The other two are a murphy bed and a sofa bed. With two rooms you get 4 real beds.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I am a control freak myself so I appreciate your thoughts abt renting points but I have rented points several times from dvc members and had great experiences. Once I had the reservation number, I even called the resort directly with some special requests with no problems.

I agree with 2 bathrooms for 6 people...esp teen girls! AofA has 2 baths but the Murphy and the foldout couch aren't huge beds....if u have petite kids, maybe ok.

We did cabins but 1 bath is tough...unless you use the camping baths as someone suggested....

My fave for space is a 2 bedroom at BLT. We did it twice by renting points....awesome! Although..we just booked a 2 bedroom (3 baths!) at AKL for next Feb!

Good luck!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

We did the AoA suite a few years with three adults and three children and actually found it sort of small. There was plenty of room for sleeping but there was no room to store suitcases.

We are going to get two rooms at a moderate this year. At least you get four real beds.

Renting DVC points is another way to go. We thought about that but DHs job is really unpredictable and we can never really count on being able to go. Most DVC rentals are not refundable. Other than that, and lack of mousekeeping, it can be a great way to get deluxe accommodations for moderate prices.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: