Quantcast College Football Playoff

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default College Football Playoff

I really wanted to root for Oregon, but their uniforms are soooo ugly, that it's hard to root for them.
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I really wanted to root for Oregon, but their uniforms are soooo ugly, that it's hard to root for them.
    They're plainer than some I've seen them wear, but they are garish, I'll give you that.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I generally agree about the ugliness of the Oregon uniforms. I'm a management consultant and have been working at Nike for the past 4 years. Nike does the uniforms for a lot of college teams (including my alma mater TCU - fear the frog), but the founder of Nike is an Oregon Duck as are roughly 40% of the corporate staff. Nike pretty much designs a new uniform for them for every game. Most of them are awful. But then if you were ever to be on the Nike campus, you'd swear no one there has any sense of style or color. Other than gaudy, of course.

Occasionally they come up with nice designs - TCU for instance - but generally in those cases the schools have told Nike "uh, no, that's just ugly, try again". Oregon, however, apparently doesn't feel they can say "no" to their #1 donor, and let the Nike designers continue their search for the grossest colors of green and ugliest designs imaginable.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Complaint #2: It is after 9:00PM and the Sugar Bowl just started.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm the only one - but I totally dig the Oregon Uni's!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I also think the Oregon uniforms are hideous. From a player standpoint, I would be embarrassed to wear some of them.

From my perspective, it takes away from your team identity. For instance, the team might be on the field wearing shiny silver uniforms with gold wings/feathers and metal flake silver helmets but the fans are in the stands wearing green and yellow. It just seems odd to me. You go to most games anywhere and the fans in the stands are wearing the exact same thing as the team on the field. That is part of being a fan and identifying with your team. I for one will be glad when that fad passes and teams go back to tradition.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, They just released the the Oregon uniforms for the NC game: grey pants with (mostly) white jerseys. Take a look on ESPN. Not so garish, but no connection with green or yellow either. Weird. OSU's are more traditional colors, but both are new uniforms for this game.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang did they read my mind? lol

Those uniforms are exactly to the T what I am talking about. They have absolutely no identifiable tie to Oregon whatsoever. No green or yellow at all. They are actually generic looking like they just went to Walmart and said what is the cheapest football uniforms we can get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Dang did they read my mind? lol

Those uniforms are exactly to the T what I am talking about. They have absolutely no identifiable tie to Oregon whatsoever. No green or yellow at all. They are actually generic looking like they just went to Walmart and said what is the cheapest football uniforms we can get?
    Trust me, those uniforms are not "cheap" . The amount of Nike resources that go into providing the University of Oregon with their uniforms is not insignificant. In this case, I'm pretty sure that every executive and Board member that is also a U of O alum (and that would be nearly all of them) were involved in the process in some manner. Hmmm. Come to think of it, that could be why the uniforms are so generic: designed by a committee.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Trust me, those uniforms are not "cheap" . The amount of Nike resources that go into providing the University of Oregon with their uniforms is not insignificant. In this case, I'm pretty sure that every executive and Board member that is also a U of O alum (and that would be nearly all of them) were involved in the process in some manner. Hmmm. Come to think of it, that could be why the uniforms are so generic: designed by a committee.

Steve
    I realize they aren't cheap but they sure do look it. They might as well just have black letters on them that say "football player". You know, like a black and white box of generic cereal that just says "Cereal" on the box. lol

From my understanding, Nike designs them for Oregon and the school gives them the go ahead or at least that is what I read somewhere. Either way, if a school committee is involved in those uniforms, they really need to get uninvolved.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Buckeyes!!!
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: