Quantcast Blackberry/My Disney Experience App

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackberry/My Disney Experience App

If anyone can help.....looking to find a way to load the app for My Disney Experience on my Blackberry Q10. I ditched my Samsung Galaxy phone and went back to Blackberry (kids say WHY????) but that is what I like and used to the keyboard.

Is this possible?

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend with a Q10 and he gets his Android apps from Google play. Once you sign up there, it knows your device and you can download.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I did try that, and no luck.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Wait......Blackberry still exists? lol J/K

I would run a few tests and then post a step by step after going through the motions but I do not know a single person with a Blackberry anymore so I can't put my hands on one to test real quick.

Anyway, my guess is that you can do what is called "side loading" to get them from Google Play. You will need to install an APK installer app to actually install the app once you download the APK file.

If you google "How to side load android apps" you will find plenty of reading material. There are a few ways to go about it. One of the easier ways is go to one of the APK downloading sites that facilitates between your phone and the Play store to download the actual APK file from the Play store to your phone. Once you have the APK file, you use an APK installer app like I mentioned earlier to actually install the app.

From what I have read after googling on this topic, the simplest way to get Android Apps on the new Blackberry is to install the Amazon Appstore and use it to install them. However, you can't find everything on the Amazon Appstore so if what you want isn't there, you are back to the sideloading option.

If you run into road blocks figuring it out, feel free to post questions.

Edit: After doing a little researching, I found that you can in fact, side load apps to the Q10 and also use the Amazon Appstore but to use the Amazon Appstore you may have to actually side load it. Once it is installed, you can then easily install other android apps the usual direct way through the Amazon app.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information.....I also have been researching this issue online. I already have the Amazon App store loaded on my Blackberry and that was no problem. I have downloaded a few apps from there onto my phone with no problems also. However, My Disney Experience is not available on their app store.

CleveSJM.... I have a friend with a Q10 and he gets his Android apps from Google play. Once you sign up there, it knows your device and you can download.
    I am trying to see if I can get it from the Google Play store; read somewhere that the Blackberry Q10 will support it.

1DisneyNut Wait......Blackberry still exists? lol J/K
    Yes, they still exist....I have to defend myself all the time with my kids/husband about it. LOL

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Was able to get the app after all.

BWV & HH

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: