Quantcast Free dining 2015 is open for everyone. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    Do they ever do free dining any time between January and March?
    Not quite. What has been offered during this time frame (we just booked under it this past January with MJ) is what they call Stay-Play-Dine.

Disney offers up all the components, accommodations, base level tickets and the dining plan and then packages it under one $$$ amount. They don't give you the actual breakdown of where you are saving the money, but from what I recall its about a 50% savings on the dining plan and maybe a slight room discount. Having done free dining discount and stay-play-dine, the free dining was the better offer, but I don't believe that has been offered during the times you mention, largely in part because of two holidays (MLK & Presidents Day) and hitting spring break weeks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Not quite. What has been offered during this time frame (we just booked under it this past January with MJ) is what they call Stay-Play-Dine.

Disney offers up all the components, accommodations, base level tickets and the dining plan and then packages it under one $$$ amount. They don't give you the actual breakdown of where you are saving the money, but from what I recall its about a 50% savings on the dining plan and maybe a slight room discount. Having done free dining discount and stay-play-dine, the free dining was the better offer, but I don't believe that has been offered during the times you mention, largely in part because of two holidays (MLK & Presidents Day) and hitting spring break weeks.
    Thanks! We're trying to look at all the angles!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to find a room on-line yesterday with free dining. I quickly notified Karen at Magical Journey's and she jumped on the phone with Disney to change my reservation but they told her there were no rooms available for my dates. I went back on-line, the room was still available so I booked it myself. Karen canceled my existing reservation and I will transfer the new reservation to her. Clearly Disney is having major computer issues if we can both be looking at the exact same time and getting different answers. I am hoping everything will settle down in a few days.
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Are all the rooms gone now? My brother's trying to book a room in Nov but the website keeps telling him there are no rooms avaiable, he's looked at all the value and moderate resorts.
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Was really hoping for a Poly room discount for our stay in September. This will be the first year we have gone without a discount...any chance they will release more room only discounts for this fall?? Maybe I will still get a pin code in the mail?
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Actually have to say I'm glad our Dec dates aren't included in the promo! Maybe it will cut down on the crowds and people will choose to travel during the offer instead!
    1996 Caribbean Beach
    1996 All Star Sports
    1998 All Star Music
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2000 Dixie Landings/Disney Wonder
    2001 Caribbean Beach/Disney Wonder
    2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2004 Wilderness Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans Riverside
    April 2006 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked our trip through Karen at Magical Journeys! We are staying at the All Star Music From Dec 15 thru 22! Yea!!!!!!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We have had such a hard time with all of this!! Our CAA travel agent (Canadian AAA) was on hold with Disney from 0700-1530 yesterday, when she finally got to book our rooms. We wanted Coronado, but by the time she got through there was only Caribbean Beach pirate rooms left. At least we got something! We need 3 rooms- 2 adults; 2 adults; and 2 adults & 3 kids (8,6,9 months)- options were very limited for the family with kids!! Last night my brother in law wanted to splurge for a suite, which was available online on my iPad at 2130, but by the time I ran up to my computer at 2132, it was gone. King bed rooms for the 2- 2 adult rooms weren't a problem. I was up all night rechecking- the inventory was changing by the second. It was weird! And Disney won't allow you to book more than one room at a time (unless I'm missing something), so I wouldn't book all of us until we had the family suite booked. I called WDW at 0700 this morning and there was nothing available. I asked the agent if I should keep trying to see if anything opens up and she said no- once rooms are cancelled from a free dining promo they get released back into the regular queue and not back into the free dining room roster. That is very sad to me!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tank3434 View Post
    Actually have to say I'm glad our Dec dates aren't included in the promo! Maybe it will cut down on the crowds and people will choose to travel during the offer instead!
    Well if no discount becomes available, this is a good way to look at it
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmansiongirl View Post
    And Disney won't allow you to book more than one room at a time (unless I'm missing something), so I wouldn't book all of us until we had the family suite booked.
    I do have two reservations, but they were booked months apart. My first reservation was booked last November as a bounce back offer. Then I was able to get through online yesterday to book a reservation with free dining. Both reservations are in my name for the same travel dates. Like you said, booking two online at the same time doesn't seem possible.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleby View Post
    I am getting RO as a florida resident...All Star Sports down to $77/night.
    Checked again and found it! Now we have to look at which is the better deal, free dining or the room discount. It's looking like we should keep the free dining.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

ok...after spending the last two days trying to get through with no luck (calling almost every hour), I was able to get someone at 7 this morning only to find that I could only get the discount if I upgrade my room....even though I already had a standard room reservation. I upgraded to save $85 instead of the $153 I expected.

Then after the call I noticed that the cast member wiped off my magical express reservation. I called back and had to wait 45 more mins to talk to someone again.

This cast member told me she couldn't help me because they where upgrading the system!!!!!!!
    Why on earth did they have me wait 45 mins for nothing and why are they upgrading the system after the havoc they have made in the last two days.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    This cast member told me she couldn't help me because they where upgrading the system!!!!!!!
    Thank goodness they waited for the THE MOST popular discount offering to be made this year when they decided that one...
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the term "upgrading the system" means "fixing the system that can't handle the overload at the moment".

Which is far more likely than scheduling some sort of system "upgrade" at point where they KNEW they were releasing a promotion.

It is Customer-service-speak for "fixing a screw up".

Come-on.... they are not totally stupid.

best,

.............john

Post Thanks / Like

They can spend all that money for the the magic band system, but they can't get a computer system that can handle the customer demand. Way to go Disney!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I also feel like Disney is really gouging us on this! We were not doing park hoppers this trip so now if we want free dining we have to pay for park hoppers! Also All Star Movies(where we are booked) is not included! Why would they include all the other value resorts and not All Star Movies? So Frustrated!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyjo46 View Post
    I also feel like Disney is really gouging us on this! We were not doing park hoppers this trip so now if we want free dining we have to pay for park hoppers! Also All Star Movies(where we are booked) is not included! Why would they include all the other value resorts and not All Star Movies? So Frustrated!!!!
    In the very beginning of free dining, only a 1-day ticket was required and tips were covered with the dining plan. They took away the tip allowance. Then they changed it to a 2-day ticket. Now it's a 2-day park hopper. Before long, it will be a length of stay ticket, possibly with park hopper requirements as well. In no way are they trying to help any of us out by offering these free-promotions. Right now people can still finagle a deal out of free dining but it won't last.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    Come-on.... they are not totally stupid.

Sorry after this week I will have to disagree with you on this statement.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I know a lot of people are upset about the way free dining was handled this year but try to take a deep breath and remember that Disney doesn't have to offer this. Be thankful that they have offered something and that you are able to go. Many people can't.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Ok, I know a lot of people are upset about the way free dining was handled this year but try to take a deep breath and remember that Disney doesn't have to offer this. Be thankful that they have offered something and that you are able to go. Many people can't.
    Amen!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR