Quantcast Nintendo is coming to Universal Studios Theme Parks!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nintendo is coming to Universal Studios Theme Parks!

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-coming...rks-1702765346

Think Nintendo Land, but real. Today, Nintendo announced it is bringing its games and characters to Universal theme parks.

“The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games,” stated an official release. To be clear, this isn’t a full-on Nintendo theme park. Rather, Universal theme parks will create “spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.” In short, Nintendo-themed attractions in Universal parks.

This isn’t out of the blue for Nintendo. “Countless times, the idea of a theme park has been debated and discussed, and there have been rumors in various forms,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata previously said in 2010. “But at the present moment, there are no concrete plans.” At that time, Nintendo felt as though the amusement park would need to have an original spin, and Iwata did not rule out the possibility.

“More details will be announced in the future,” the release added, “as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.”
    So, what does everyone think about this? I think it's amazing! My kids would flip out! (And my husband would actually want to visit Universal again).

Although there is no mention of Universal Orlando Resort, specifically, I think it is safe to say that something will come to the Orlando property, given that it is its busiest location. I also think Universal Japan will definitely get in on this action!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a guess: Mushroom Kingdom (Mario), taking over KidZone... Zelda/Hyrule needs a presence though, so maybe MIB pad? Or an entire land in the long rumored third gate????

The fun will now really start...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for gutting Marvel super hero island and retheming!

A Mario Kart ride would be a MUST, as would a dark ride themed to Zelda. That could be amazing!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

The official release from Nintendo:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/det...D4eEAhoWb7jEEp

Nintendo partners with Universal Parks & Resorts to create world's first-ever theme park attractions based on Nintendo's beloved games and characters

Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

A Mario Kart ride would be a MUST, as would a dark ride themed to Zelda. That could be amazing!
    Marvel is rumored to get an expansion... Nintendo is earmarked for KidZone, making it family friendly...

Marvel may be getting an Avengers ride though...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Marvel is rumored to get an expansion... Nintendo is earmarked for KidZone, making it family friendly...

Marvel may be getting an Avengers ride though...
    Really? That seems like a dumb move. I mean, Disney owns Marvel now. Why would Universal give the Avengers a NEW ride???

Regardless, I think the wording about "major attractions" with the Nintendo deal makes it unlikely that it will just be a kiddie land. Perhaps a kiddie land will be part of it, but I hope there is more in store than that!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Really? That seems like a dumb move. I mean, Disney owns Marvel now. Why would Universal give the Avengers a NEW ride???

Regardless, I think the wording about "major attractions" with the Nintendo deal makes it unlikely that it will just be a kiddie land. Perhaps a kiddie land will be part of it, but I hope there is more in store than that!
    Cause Universal has the hottest property out there today and are making boat loads of money, other than with Potter? Why wouldn't they want to add an Avengers ride? I mean, they would only make MORE money, so yea I guess Universal wanting to make more money makes no sense what so ever... How silly are they for thinking about making cash... Idiots...

And who said Nintendo would be a kiddie land? It will be FAMILY friendly.. key word, FAMILY.. not kiddie, like Storybook Circus or the current KidZone... One of the planned rides, family friendly with some added thrill... I'm still thinking Mario/Mushroom Kingdom will be a good place to start to replace KidZone...

Post Thanks / Like

Cause Universal has the hottest property out there today and are making boat loads of money, other than with Potter? Why wouldn't they want to add an Avengers ride? I mean, they would only make MORE money, so yea I guess Universal wanting to make more money makes no sense what so ever... How silly are they for thinking about making cash... Idiots...

And who said Nintendo would be a kiddie land? It will be FAMILY friendly.. key word, FAMILY.. not kiddie, like Storybook Circus or the current KidZone... One of the planned rides, family friendly with some added thrill... I'm still thinking Mario/Mushroom Kingdom will be a good place to start to replace KidZone...
    Settle down, dude. Seriously.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I've still got the original Nintendo and play it once in awhile so I love this! Anything Zelda and a Mario Kart ride would be my two choices as well! Can you imagine a life-size Mario Kart simulator? It seems like there's great intellectual property with Nintendo to draw from, hopefully it turns into some cool attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    I've still got the original Nintendo and play it once in awhile so I love this! Anything Zelda and a Mario Kart ride would be my two choices as well! Can you imagine a life-size Mario Kart simulator? It seems like there's great intellectual property with Nintendo to draw from, hopefully it turns into some cool attractions.
    I think we will be very happy with the offerings... Nintendo is very protective of their IP, much like JK Rowling is... They won't allow Universal to cheap out or screw it up...

Post Thanks / Like

Universal isn't going to stop using the Marvel Characters in their theme parks. Regardless of Disney's purchase of Marvel, because of old contracts between Universal and Marvel, Disney can not use the Marvel characters in their theme parks east of the Mississippi indefinitely.

IMO Universal using Marvel characters in their theme park doesn't do anything for Disney. A lot of people love the Hulk and Spiderman attractions.

I think that the attractions in Marvel Land are just fine and that Universal has other areas of IOA that need to be updated before that section.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Universal isn't going to stop using the Marvel Characters in their theme parks. Regardless of Disney's purchase of Marvel, because of old contracts between Universal and Marvel, Disney can not use the Marvel characters in their theme parks east of the Mississippi indefinitely.

IMO Universal using Marvel characters in their theme park doesn't do anything for Disney. A lot of people love the Hulk and Spiderman attractions.

I think that the attractions in Marvel Land are just fine and that Universal has other areas of IOA that need to be updated before that section.
    Understanding is some negotiations have gone on regarding Uni and Marvel... And just flushing out, tweeking a bit of the gray/cloudy areas of the contract, such as Guardians of the Galaxy, who, at one time, were members of the Avengers... According to the contract, Uni has the rights to the characters and associated families... So, Guardians could technically fall into the Avenger family... And with the way they are building the MCU, the Guardians WILL be part of the Avengers family... However, like I said, it is a gray area, which may have recently been resolved, thus paving the way for Universal to build an Avengers attraction, retheme Hulk, and redo the entire island so it isn't stuck in the 90's comic book look... They may have even gotten the OK to use the cinematic MCU... And let's face it, Disney isn't doing anything with Star Wars, you think they'd do something other than a stinking meet and greet with Marvel?

Back to Nintendo... Mario should be featured, obviously, and should have the e-ticket... But leaving Zelda out, that's a no no...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a video game person so I do not know any of the characters, but as long as the new attractions are good, not knowing the back story won't bother me.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Zelda and Mario will likely be the spotlight, along with Pokemon. How cool would a Luigi's Mansion ride be? Or a Hyrule Castle?

There seems to be plenty of space in the northeast corner of the Studios. Or, they could take out that lame Sinbad attraction along with the other one in that area near Mythos. That whole land can go, as far as I'm concerned.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

There's always that rumor of Disney swooping in and buying Universal out of the marvel theme park attractions contract. And honestly, other than spider man it really wouldn't be hard for Universal to retheme the attractions. We shall see if it happens, I doubt it will but with a bank account the size of Mickey's it's never out of the question.

I think the Universal-Nintendo partnership is great. Universal's go to attractions are 3D and heavily screen based. Works perfectly for video games.

Where would a Universal third gate go? Just looking at the map it would have to be "off property", yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Zelda and Mario will likely be the spotlight, along with Pokemon. How cool would a Luigi's Mansion ride be? Or a Hyrule Castle?

There seems to be plenty of space in the northeast corner of the Studios. Or, they could take out that lame Sinbad attraction along with the other one in that area near Mythos. That whole land can go, as far as I'm concerned.
    There is an expansion pad by MIB, which has been rumored to be for Star Trek, if that is to happen... The San Fran area, including Disaster is marked for Fast and Furious (which has been rumored to have been fast tracked)... KidZone is the area Nintendo is rumored to be going... I wouldn't call E.T. safe anymore, not like it once was... I do hope they find a way to save it though... One of the best dark rides ever...

I can see some sort of Mario Kart style ride, and if Luigi's Castle is one way they go, then it being styled like Mystic Manor... That would be nice and family friendly, and WOW!!!!

Pokemon is insanely popular... Amazing it has had the longevity is has had...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Where would a Universal third gate go? Just looking at the map it would have to be "off property", yes?
    Yes... and no... There are areas around Universal's current land they could go out and buy... There have already been land purchases in and around Universal Blvd area... One of the buyers is a mall style developer, so that land could be ruled out, I suppose (I forget exactly the area)... Wet n Wild shouldn't last too long once WonderSea Island (or whatever Universal calls their new state of the art water park) opens... And that is rumored to become more hotels (for Universal)...

The third gate won't happen for many years though... At least until they are done upgrading Studios and IOA... And if attendance keeps growing, as it is, they will need that third gate...

To answer the Marvel comments, and I'll stop about Marvel cause this is a thread about Nintendo, the talk from people familiar with what is going on is Universal wants to update and upgrade Marvel Island to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and create a more realistic looking land, not designed to cardboard cut outs of comic book characters... The talks led to Universal building an Avengers ride, retheme of the Hulk, possibility of removing Dr Doom, any reference to Xmen (only a rumor, nothing in stone that Xmen are being removed), and maybe removal of Fantastic 4, leaving the island Avengers/S.H.I.E.L.D based... In return, the two companies fleshed out exactly which characters fall under "families" thus opening a door for certain Marvel characters to be used in WDW... No, sorry, the more popular ones (Avengers, Spider-Man, etc) won't be included... But Guardians, which is a little bit of a gray area, may have been one of the groups which were negotiated... Uni gets all the Avengers, Disney can use Guardians (whether they can actually use the word Marvel in marketing the Guardians in WDW isn't really up for debate, they weren't allowed to use it when they showed the preview at DHS)... Disney still collects royalty fees from Universal, Universal reaps the benefit of being the only theme park where guests can meet Captain America and Spiderman and enter the Marvel universe... Win Win for both companies, much like it is now..

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be pretty excited and might have to consider a visit to Universal for Mario Land along with Harry Potter!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Legend of Zelda!! Woohoo!!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Universal reaps the benefit of being the only theme park where guests can meet Captain America and Spiderman and enter the Marvel universe... Win Win for both companies, much like it is now..
    East of the Mississippi River in the continental United States. Just to clarify.

We met Captain America at Disneyland a year ago. The entire top floor of Innoventions was SHIELD headquarters themed.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: